greco bass guitar

Posted by anand shrestha on Thu, 08/08/02 - 13:10:59.

yes i have a black greco guitar and there is no sign about where it was made and i want to know where this kinda guitar come from. this guitar is very comfort and looks well. i'm from nepal and i got it from my friend, i also want to know about its history
anand shrestha

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: greco bass guitar

Not all Greco guitars were made in Japan. Before about 1965 or so Greco's were made in the US or Europe. The logo on the headstock of non-Japanese Greco's looked like it said GNECO, but the N is really a styalized R. I have a non-Japanese Greco 4 string Bass. Information of these early Greco's is hard to find. Early Greco guitars were sold by a company in New York City. Hope this helps.

: yes i have a black greco guitar and there is no sign about where it was made and i want to know where this kinda guitar come from. this guitar is very comfort and looks well. i'm from nepal and i got it from my friend, i also want to know about its history
: anand shrestha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco_guitars

greco is made in japan...!

I just got back from gigging in Japn,,and a few of the bands were using Greco guitars.They were mostly copies of Gibson style guitars,but looked great and played very well indeed.So i reckon its a Japanese company,,but i cant find them om the net.

: yes i have a black greco guitar and there is no sign about where it was made and i want to know where this kinda guitar come from. this guitar is very comfort and looks well. i'm from nepal and i got it from my friend, i also want to know about its history
: anand shrestha

I recently obtained a greco bass with a shortened neck, about guitar size not sure exactly, but im attempting to recreate it into a guitar but i was looking for a little more info on the woods so i could make a smart neck purchase. The model on the back said EB-10 but ive looked all over and couldn't find any info on that such model if anyone knows any thing about it that would be great

: I recently obtained a greco bass with a shortened neck, about guitar size not sure exactly, but im attempting to recreate it into a guitar but i was looking for a little more info on the woods so i could make a smart neck purchase. The model on the back said EB-10 but ive looked all over and couldn't find any info on that such model if anyone knows any thing about it that would be great

All I can tell U is what I know about 'em myself- & U probly know this much yourself.
MAde in Japan most likley in 60's-70's(I've got a '78 Ric 4001 copy) in MATSUMOKU (I think thats right --Matsumuko??) Factory- which was eventually bought by Fender & became Fender Japan- apparently as they were making SUCH great basses etc thay The Major USA co's were not having a bar of that- so they bought it 'emselves!! So I've heard.
Ibanez, Greco, Tokai, & a few other names were used!
AFAIK.
Rod

New info i just found

look at this.

http://www.geocities.com/stompbox2001/greco.htm

send me anything you find.

Re: greco instruments.

Hi, I had the same situation, I have a GRECO guitar, a copy fro IBANEZ ICEMAN, it's just great, it has an wanderfull quallity. the information i have is that it was a instruments Factory in Japan, the made instruments for Gibson and Ibanez, Ibanez used GRECO as a trade mark to oriental market, an other name to Europe.
Please send me information (pictures, comments) if you find something. I have seen a GIBSON Les poul, very nice finish and just the same as an original. I'm in Dominican Republic (caribbean near Cuba and Puerto Rico.) it's a long ride from Japan.

Hope to have news from you soon.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.