Re: Nagoya Acoustic Guitars

Advertisement
Posted by Kevin O'Keeffe on Fri, 08/30/02 - 11:43:12.

I also have a N-18 Nagoya which I had the inside rebuilt a few years ago by a classical guitar maker up here in Connecticut to repair it and lower the action. I must have bought it in maybe 1977 around the DC area . It may have been from Venimans music but cannot remember.I know that they were built in Japan. I have a friend in Japan who can
maybe run down the history on the guitar maker.Thos is the only info I could find on the net about Nagoya.
Kevin

: : I have a Nagoya acoustic guitar Mdl.# N30 Ser.# 933.It has:
: : 2 pc. spruce top/rosewood back,sides, and peghead face/top and bottom
: : multi layered body binding/inlay down center of back/bound mahogany neck/rosewood fingerboard w/pearl doy inlays/mother of pearl headstock logo/gold hardware. It was distributed by Veneman Music in Springfield Va. circa 1970's. Any info re: History, Value, etc... would be greatly appreciated. This guitar is beautiful. sounds phenomenal, and is an excellent player!!!

: My Nagoya was made between 1970 and 1973, and is a model N18. It is indeed a beautiful sounding piece of work. I have played mine for over 30 years, and have and will not replace. I got mine from a surburban Washington D.C. store named Veneman Music Company. If you do find anything out, drop me a note. If you're close to upstate NY, amybe we can met and do some music together. PS, Linda Ronstadt thinks it's a beauty also.

: John

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Nagoya Acoustic Guitars neck repair

Does anyone have any advice about resetting the neck? My luthier can't find the bolt.

Best,

John

I have a NAGOYA N-12-18 (12 string). It is in great shape. The action is a little slow as you might suspect as you move away from the top of the neck. Sound is ok, I play a '69 Gibson and new Custom Martin so I am spoiled a bit....

Nagoya suzuki SD340C

hello there , i was wondering if you know anything about nagoya suzuki acoustic guitar i own SD340C man the pitch of the the guitar sounds sweet and also theres a trade mark inside the guitar established 1887 registered trade mark nagoya suzuki SD340C handcrafted and theres some sort of hand written serial # on it the # is 8900334 hand written and when i checked for anything else i turned on my black light and theres this sort of symbol on it thats making me curious is it an antique guitar? any 1 know anything about my guitar? holla at me @ b_fatal19@hotmail.com

I have 2 , a n-28 6 string and a 12 string, both came from Venemans music when they had a location in Falls Church Va , the n-28 has aged well ,still plays and sounds great , the 12 string looks like new ,still after all these years , must be in the different kind of finish on the two .

: I also have a N-18 Nagoya which I had the inside rebuilt a few years ago by a classical guitar maker up here in Connecticut to repair it and lower the action. I must have bought it in maybe 1977 around the DC area . It may have been from Venimans music but cannot remember.I know that they were built in Japan. I have a friend in Japan who can
: maybe run down the history on the guitar maker.Thos is the only info I could find on the net about Nagoya.
: Kevin

: : : I have a Nagoya acoustic guitar Mdl.# N30 Ser.# 933.It has:
: : : 2 pc. spruce top/rosewood back,sides, and peghead face/top and bottom
: : : multi layered body binding/inlay down center of back/bound mahogany neck/rosewood fingerboard w/pearl doy inlays/mother of pearl headstock logo/gold hardware. It was distributed by Veneman Music in Springfield Va. circa 1970's. Any info re: History, Value, etc... would be greatly appreciated. This guitar is beautiful. sounds phenomenal, and is an excellent player!!!

: : My Nagoya was made between 1970 and 1973, and is a model N18. It is indeed a beautiful sounding piece of work. I have played mine for over 30 years, and have and will not replace. I got mine from a surburban Washington D.C. store named Veneman Music Company. If you do find anything out, drop me a note. If you're close to upstate NY, amybe we can met and do some music together. PS, Linda Ronstadt thinks it's a beauty also.

: : John

I have a model N12-30 s/n74082257 purchased at Veneman Music in MD by K. Leroy 6/23/75. I picked it up at a garage-sale in southern MD in 1999 for a song and it's gorgeous and sounds awesome. Looks like a spruce top and rosewood sides and back. Would love to get more information on it like type of rosewood? Solid or laminate?
etc. If anyone knows where I can go for more info please contact me. Thanks in advance, Mike.

I have a nagoya n12-18 and I am trying to get some pricing information about it incase I were to replace it if possible. please feel free to e-mail me at pamalahood@aol.com

:: I also have an n-18 37 years old spruce top
rose wood sides and back. my dad got it when he was 13 he gave it to me when i was 11. still have yet to find something that sounds as good. had to remount the bridge twice. dont know how much its worth. to me it is priceless.

I have a nagoya 12 string that I bought in 1975. I remember that when Takamine first came out if you looked closely at the pictures in their early catologues they were nagoyas. Maybe this will clear up some of the questions about what happened to nagoya-I believe they became takamine.: I also have a N-18 Nagoya which I had the inside rebuilt a few years ago by a classical guitar maker up here in Connecticut to repair it and lower the action. I must have bought it in maybe 1977 around the DC area . It may have been from Venimans music but cannot remember.I know that they were built in Japan. I have a friend in Japan who can
: maybe run down the history on the guitar maker.Thos is the only info I could find on the net about Nagoya.

: : : multi layered body binding/inlay down center of back/bound mahogany neck/rosewood fingerboard w/pearl doy inlays/mother of pearl headstock logo/gold hardware. It was distributed by Veneman Music in Springfield Va. circa 1970's. Any info re: History, Value, etc... would be greatly appreciated. This guitar is beautiful. sounds phenomenal, and is an excellent player!!!

: : My Nagoya was made between 1970 and 1973, and is a model N18. It is indeed a beautiful sounding piece of work. I have played mine for over 30 years, and have and will not replace. I got mine from a surburban Washington D.C. store named Veneman Music Company. If you do find anything out, drop me a note. If you're close to upstate NY, amybe we can met and do some music together. PS, Linda Ronstadt thinks it's a beauty also.

I have a Nagoya 12 string acoustic guitar model N 12 23 with gold knobs and I beleive two piece spruce top and rosewood back sides and neck, with inlay up the back. Would like any information on age or whatever you have. Thanks, Jack

: I also have a N-18 Nagoya which I had the inside rebuilt a few years ago by a classical guitar maker up here in Connecticut to repair it and lower the action. I must have bought it in maybe 1977 around the DC area . It may have been from Venimans music but cannot remember.I know that they were built in Japan. I have a friend in Japan who can

: I have a Nagoya 12 string acoustic guitar model N 12 23 with gold knobs and hardware I believe two piece spruce top and rosewood back sides and neck, with inlay up the back. Inside are the numbers 47.11.10. Would like any information on age or whatever you have. Thanks, Jack

:
: : I also have a N-18 Nagoya which I had the inside rebuilt a few years ago by a classical guitar maker up here in Connecticut to repair it and lower the action. I must have bought it in maybe 1977 around the DC area . It may have been from Venimans music but cannot remember.I know that they were built in Japan. I have a friend in Japan who can
: : maybe run down the history on the guitar maker.Thos is the only info I could find on the net about Nagoya.
: : Kevin

: : : : I have a Nagoya acoustic guitar Mdl.# N30 Ser.# 933.It has:
: : : : 2 pc. spruce top/rosewood back,sides, and peghead face/top and bottom
: : : : multi layered body binding/inlay down center of back/bound mahogany neck/rosewood fingerboard w/pearl doy inlays/mother of pearl headstock logo/gold hardware. It was distributed by Veneman Music in Springfield Va. circa 1970's. Any info re: History, Value, etc... would be greatly appreciated. This guitar is beautiful. sounds phenomenal, and is an excellent player!!!

: : : My Nagoya was made between 1970 and 1973, and is a model N18. It is indeed a beautiful sounding piece of work. I have played mine for over 30 years, and have and will not replace. I got mine from a surburban Washington D.C. store named Veneman Music Company. If you do find anything out, drop me a note. If you're close to upstate NY, amybe we can met and do some music together. PS, Linda Ronstadt thinks it's a beauty also.

: : : John

: I have a Nagoya 12 string acoustic guitar model N 12 23 with gold knobs and hardware I beleive two piece spruce top and rosewood back sides and neck, with inlay up the back. Inside are the numbers 47.11.10. Would like any information on age or whatever you have. Thanks, Jack

:
: : I also have a N-18 Nagoya which I had the inside rebuilt a few years ago by a classical guitar maker up here in Connecticut to repair it and lower the action. I must have bought it in maybe 1977 around the DC area . It may have been from Venimans music but cannot remember.I know that they were built in Japan. I have a friend in Japan who can
: : maybe run down the history on the guitar maker.Thos is the only info I could find on the net about Nagoya.

: : : : multi layered body binding/inlay down center of back/bound mahogany neck/rosewood fingerboard w/pearl doy inlays/mother of pearl headstock logo/gold hardware. It was distributed by Veneman Music in Springfield Va. circa 1970's. Any info re: History, Value, etc... would be greatly appreciated. This guitar is beautiful. sounds phenomenal, and is an excellent player!!!

: : : My Nagoya was made between 1970 and 1973, and is a model N18. It is indeed a beautiful sounding piece of work. I have played mine for over 30 years, and have and will not replace. I got mine from a surburban Washington D.C. store named Veneman Music Company. If you do find anything out, drop me a note. If you're close to upstate NY, amybe we can met and do some music together. PS, Linda Ronstadt thinks it's a beauty also.

I have a Nagoya 12 string acoustic guitar model N 12 23 with gold knobs and I beleive two piece spruce top and rosewood back sides and neck, with inlay up the back. Would like any information on age or whatever you have. Thanks, Jack I also have a N-18 Nagoya which I had the inside rebuilt a few years ago by a classical guitar maker up here in Connecticut to repair it and lower the action. I must have bought it in maybe 1977 around the DC area . It may have been from Venimans music but cannot remember.I know that they were built in Japan. I have a friend in Japan who can

I have a Nagoya N 12.28 serial #73122498 that I bought at Veneman Music in about 1972-73. I have had the action lowered, but it always stays in tune and sounds very good.
I once had it appraised at Norm's Guitar in Tarzana, CA, and Norm thought that it was worth only about 400-$500. I dont remeber what I paid for it.

my name is matt i also have a nagoya model number 18 that was handed down to me from my dad he had it since the early seventies the lower action was rebuilt about 5 years ago its amazing over 30 years old and i can not find anything that sounds as good. does anybody know how much these guitars are worth?

Should be noted that Yasuma also built guitars for the years 1970-1973.., I assume there is a link between both guitar labels.

: my name is matt i also have a nagoya model number 18 that was handed down to me from my dad he had it since the early seventies the lower action was rebuilt about 5 years ago its amazing over 30 years old and i can not find anything that sounds as good. does anybody know how much these guitars are worth?

: Dang! We all have the same question, I guess, but no answers. I also have a Nagoya N-18 that I bought from Veneman's Music in Springfield, VA in -- 1972, I think -- after someone stole my magnificent Epiphone acoustic. Although I cannot remember what I paid, my recollection is that it wasn't much, maybe not more than $100, amazingly enough. I didn't have a potload of money back then so I couldn't have paid much.

I love this guitar. It's sound is rich and full and it has great action, even though, for me, the body is a bit big. I really should play a 000. I have not been able to find out any information on its current value.
: Should be noted that Yasuma also built guitars for the years 1970-1973.., I assume there is a link between both guitar labels.

:
: : : I also have a N-18 Nagoya which I had the inside rebuilt a few years ago by a classical guitar maker up here in Connecticut to repair it and lower the action. I must have bought it in maybe 1977 around the DC area . It may have been from Venimans music but cannot remember.I know that they were built in Japan. I have a friend in Japan who can
: : : maybe run down the history on the guitar maker.Thos is the only info I could find on the net about Nagoya.
: : : Kevin

: : : : : I have a Nagoya acoustic guitar Mdl.# N30 Ser.# 933.It has:
: : : : : 2 pc. spruce top/rosewood back,sides, and peghead face/top and bottom
: : : : : multi layered body binding/inlay down center of back/bound mahogany neck/rosewood fingerboard w/pearl doy inlays/mother of pearl headstock logo/gold hardware. It was distributed by Veneman Music in Springfield Va. circa 1970's. Any info re: History, Value, etc... would be greatly appreciated. This guitar is beautiful. sounds phenomenal, and is an excellent player!!!

: : : : My Nagoya was made between 1970 and 1973, and is a model N18. It is indeed a beautiful sounding piece of work. I have played mine for over 30 years, and have and will not replace. I got mine from a surburban Washington D.C. store named Veneman Music Company. If you do find anything out, drop me a note. If you're close to upstate NY, amybe we can met and do some music together. PS, Linda Ronstadt thinks it's a beauty also.

: : : : John

: : my name is matt i also have a nagoya model number 18 that was handed down to me from my dad he had it since the early seventies the lower action was rebuilt about 5 years ago its amazing over 30 years old and i can not find anything that sounds as good. does anybody know how much these guitars are worth?

: Dang! We all have the same question, I guess, but no answers. I also have a Nagoya N-18 that I bought from Veneman's Music in Springfield, VA in -- 1972, I think -- after someone stole my magnificent Epiphone acoustic. Although I cannot remember what I paid, my recollection is that it wasn't much, maybe not more than $100, amazingly enough. I didn't have a potload of money back then so I couldn't have paid much.

I love this guitar. It's sound is rich and full and it has great action, even though, for me, the body is a bit big. I really should play a 000. I have not been able to find out any information on its current value.
: Should be noted that Yasuma also built guitars for the years 1970-1973.., I assume there is a link between both guitar labels.

:
: : : I also have a N-18 Nagoya which I had the inside rebuilt a few years ago by a classical guitar maker up here in Connecticut to repair it and lower the action. I must have bought it in maybe 1977 around the DC area . It may have been from Venimans music but cannot remember.I know that they were built in Japan. I have a friend in Japan who can
: : : maybe run down the history on the guitar maker.Thos is the only info I could find on the net about Nagoya.
: : : Kevin

: : : : : I have a Nagoya acoustic guitar Mdl.# N30 Ser.# 933.It has:
: : : : : 2 pc. spruce top/rosewood back,sides, and peghead face/top and bottom
: : : : : multi layered body binding/inlay down center of back/bound mahogany neck/rosewood fingerboard w/pearl doy inlays/mother of pearl headstock logo/gold hardware. It was distributed by Veneman Music in Springfield Va. circa 1970's. Any info re: History, Value, etc... would be greatly appreciated. This guitar is beautiful. sounds phenomenal, and is an excellent player!!!

: : : : My Nagoya was made between 1970 and 1973, and is a model N18. It is indeed a beautiful sounding piece of work. I have played mine for over 30 years, and have and will not replace. I got mine from a surburban Washington D.C. store named Veneman Music Company. If you do find anything out, drop me a note. If you're close to upstate NY, amybe we can met and do some music together. PS, Linda Ronstadt thinks it's a beauty also.

: : : : John

: : my name is matt i also have a nagoya model number 18 that was handed down to me from my dad he had it since the early seventies the lower action was rebuilt about 5 years ago its amazing over 30 years old and i can not find anything that sounds as good. does anybody know how much these guitars are worth?

i, too, have a nagoya---an f-10 that i bought off my brother back in the mid 70's for $60... it is my favourite guitar. he also bought it at a veneman music in suburban dc. it is amazing--never goes out of tune and has the best sound. i like it better than my sister's gibson, my younger brother's guild and my older brother's martin. and up against them it definitely holds its own. i would appreciate any info on them you might have! thanks!
~mary.

I justr found one in my house.Theres a storage space under my stairs and there were two cases with these abandonded guitars in them.One was the Nagoya and the other was a 12 string Vantage.Both strung up and played very well.The Nagoya is still solid and never go's out of tune and looks like a Martin 0018.Sounds great.They were here in the Dc area,sold at Venemans Music In Va and here in Silver Spring Md.
I was concidering selling it but man does it play good and it's very rare.

I was wondering if there was any more info on these guitars. I have a N-28 model Nagoya serial# 80425 that was lent to me by a friend, he later decided to let me keep it. He said that it was a forign brand of Fender and that his Uncle gave it to him when he started playing guitar some 15 years ago, they lived in the Virginia area at the time. It has a nice tone to it, the action is a little high for me, going to see if I can get that fixed, and I am considering putting some electronics in it to make it an acustic/electric.
I am glad I found this forum, its cool to know that others have and know something about these guitars.

Cheers!
David

I own a Nagoya N-18, also purchased at Venemans in Springfield, I believe in 1975, but I could be wrong. The sales guy pitched me the Nagoya as a Martin copy when I went in to the store set to buy a comparably priced Yamaha. He was persistant that I get the Nagoya instead of the Yamaha. I am so glad he pressured me! Mine has survived 25 years of Florida heat and humidity and still is a great sounding guitar.

Nagoya Acoustic Guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Nagoya Acoustic Guitars

i need help

how much is your gitar worth because i have a nagoya model# n-18 and
and was made in the late 60s early seventys. if you find any info or can yuo email me just to tell me the cost of your guitar

Supply of East Indian Rosewood and Ebony guitar parts

GUITAR WOODEN PARTS CO

MANUFACTURERS & EXPORTERS OF

INDIAN ROSEWOOD AND EBONY GUITAR

PARTS
December 16, 2002

Dear Sir, ATTN: Purchase Manager
We introduce ourselves as one of the prominent musical wooden parts exporter of India. We are regularly exporting various musical instrument parts like fingerboards, side and back sets, bridges etc to various countries like USA, Germany, France, Taiwan, Korea, China, Australia, England etc.

We can offer you with these parts that you are regularly using for manufacturing of guitars, mandolins,violins etc. We can offer you with fingerboards, bridges, back and side sets and other wooden parts that you regularly use for manufacturing of guitars in Indian Rosewood, and Ebony. We would be glad to supply you with our products. We can also offer you with Indian Rosewood veneers back and side sets.

We can offer you in any small or big quantity that you would be interested. We are regularly sending material in LCL load and containers loads to various our clients who are fully satisfied with us for our quality as we assure them good quality & service.

Please inform your interest in our products so that I can send you our most competitive price and also inform port of unloading so that we can quote you CIF price.
Thanking you, I remain
Yours truly,
For Guitar Wooden Parts Co,
Ashok Parekh (Export Manager)
Mobile: 0091-9820623741
FAX: 0091-22-23727953

We are having our stall at the Music Messe exhibition to be held in Germany 2003. Please do visit us. Our stall would be by our sister concern name CHIRAG ENTERPRISES

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.