Re: Arnold Hoyer archtop

Advertisement
Posted by Guitarhound on Thu, 09/12/02 - 17:40:28.

I have a rare Black Hoyer Solist model...white binding around the body rim and bound cat eye sound holes...circa 50's...maybe late 40's...has in gold on the lower face of the guitar "Original Arnold Hoyer" Arnold Hoyer Solist in Gold script on the headstock. Ebony fretboard with white pearloid markers except for the 12th with is Red...I've seen a sunburst like mine sell for $800...the Black one is extremely rare...I turned down $1500 at a guitar show...the dealer was drooling...hehe...he also got ticked cuz i wouldn't sell it...anyway,they ranged in models..some were very ornate high end models and some were low line economy models. If yours is fancy it could bring at least $500 to the right dealer or collector of German Jazz Guitars. You might check on Ebay or www.gbase.com and see if someone has one for sell. Hope this helps, Dan :o)

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.