Re: rare mitchell guitar model!!!

Posted by steph on Mon, 03/03/03 - 09:40:50.

: I was wondering if you found anything out on that instrument...I have a MD 100 CE model and also cant find any information regarding this guitar. Its a electic/acoustic 6 string. Any help you could give me would be amazing-thanks
STEPHANIE

: i own a rare model of a mitchell guitar.i hav searched the web and cannot find any information about it!the model is a md-100/tvs. any information will be very helppfull. thank you

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I have a MD 100 CE model and I cant find any information regarding this guitar. Its a electic/acoustic 6 string. Any help you could give me would be amazing-thanks. Aaron

I am thinking about buying one from an individual in San Francisco for $100 firm. No model # is given to me. Looks like Michell only made MD-100. Can anyone tell me if this is a good sounding guitar and if $100 is a good price? A carring bag is included. I start searching and also not able to find any information on Mitchell guitar. But I found this page and see you are also looking for it. Please e-mail your experience on this guitar. I would appreciate. The address is Keith_Lee8000@Yahoo.com

: : I was wondering if you found anything out on that instrument...I have a MD 100 CE model and also cant find any information regarding this guitar. Its a electic/acoustic 6 string. Any help you could give me would be amazing-thanks
: STEPHANIE

:
: : i own a rare model of a mitchell guitar.i hav searched the web and cannot find any information about it!the model is a md-100/tvs. any information will be very helppfull. thank you

: I also have a Mitchell md-100/tvs. I'm guessing it is not an endangered species ??

Bobert

I've got an MD100 too. They told me at the Guitar Center where I bought it that the maker used to work for them.

: : : I was wondering if you found anything out on that instrument...I have a MD 100 CE model and also cant find any information regarding this guitar. Its a electic/acoustic 6 string. Any help you could give me would be amazing-thanks
: : STEPHANIE

: :
: : : i own a rare model of a mitchell guitar.i hav searched the web and cannot find any information about it!the model is a md-100/tvs. any information will be very helppfull. thank you

:
: : I also have a Mitchell md-100/tvs. I'm guessing it is not an endangered species ??

: Bobert

: : : I was wondering if you found anything out on that instrument...I have a MD 100 CE model and also cant find any information regarding this guitar. Its a electic/acoustic 6 string. Any help you could give me would be amazing-thanks
: : STEPHANIE

: : : i own a rare model of a mitchell guitar.i hav searched the web and cannot find any information about it!the model is a md-100/tvs. any information will be very helppfull. thank you

:
: : I also have a Mitchell md-100/tvs. I'm guessing it is not an endangered species ??

: Bobert

Me, too! Got a Mitchell MD 100S acoustic, a stylized WFM insignia and Mitchell embossing; the interior label says "since 1924", but I can't seem to find anything, and my local guitar guru was mystified as well. Love the instrument, tho!

: : : : I was wondering if you found anything out on that instrument...I have a MD 100 CE model and also cant find any information regarding this guitar. Its a electic/acoustic 6 string. Any help you could give me would be amazing-thanks
: : : STEPHANIE

: : :
: : : : i own a rare model of a mitchell guitar.i hav searched the web and cannot find any information about it!the model is a md-100/tvs. any information will be very helppfull. thank you

: : : I also have a Mitchell md-100/tvs. I'm guessing it is not an endangered species ??

: : Bobert

: Me, too! Got a Mitchell MD 100S acoustic, a stylized WFM insignia and Mitchell embossing; the interior label says "since 1924", but I can't seem to find anything, and my local guitar guru was mystified as well. Love the instrument, tho!

yeah, definately got an md- 100s. who makes it??

I have a acoustic Mitchell it is a md-100 since 1924, i don't think it is anything to special. it plays pretty nice

: : : : : I was wondering if you found anything out on that instrument...I have a MD 100 CE model and also cant find any information regarding this guitar. Its a electic/acoustic 6 string. Any help you could give me would be amazing-thanks
: : : : STEPHANIE

: : : :
: : : : : i own a rare model of a mitchell guitar.i hav searched the web and cannot find any information about it!the model is a md-100/tvs. any information will be very helppfull. thank you

: : :
: : : : I also have a Mitchell md-100/tvs. I'm guessing it is not an endangered species ??

: : : Bobert

: : Me, too! Got a Mitchell MD 100S acoustic, a stylized WFM insignia and Mitchell embossing; the interior label says "since 1924", but I can't seem to find anything, and my local guitar guru was mystified as well. Love the instrument, tho!

: yeah, definately got an md- 100s. who makes it??

do yourself a favor. save your $$ and buy a good guitar. really, not being mean, just helping out.

Rare Mitchell Guitar Model

I agree with those who find the Mitchell Guitars to be an incredibly high-quality, high-bang-for-the-buck guitars. Thank Guitar Center for keeping this alternative available for those of us to whom $2,000+ is the unattainable Holy Grail, of a Rosewood-Body Martin, or Taylor.

I purchased my brand new Mitchell MD300S for an unbelievably low price, given its $699 MSRP. This guitar is BEAUTIFUL. Solid Spruce top with Indian Rosewood sides and back, with the most beautiful body/neck binding, with inlaid Abalone around the body, and the Rosette as well. Looks like a $6,000 D-45!

String height is as low as I've ever seen on a straight-from-the-factory acoustic guitar! Neck radius is actually friendly to those making Barre chords. And (critical to someone like me, who has perfect pitch), the intonation is drop-dead perfect!!!!!. This guitar is actually more playable and musical than many Martins and Gretsches I've seen that were priced well above $750.00. The Rosewood body contributes to a real traditional full-bodied Dreadnaught-type tone, reminiscent of those iconic acoustics from Pennsylvania.

The guy who interjected - "do yourself a favor. save your $$ and buy a good guitar. really, not being mean, just helping out." - is a combination of s--t-for-brains moron, ignoramous, dick, and troll, all rolled together into one steaming, stinking pile of dung.

I've been playing since 1968, at the pro level since 1994, am a songwriter with CD rated by critics at 5-stars - so I think I know something about this subject, and I know a great guitar when I see and play one. The Mitchell is a drop-dead bargain, from the cheapest MD100 all the way up the line.

Mitchell MD-50acoustic guitar

I recently found this guitar in relatives house, had it stringed bridge put on, it was missing as were the strings. I have found no information at all on this guitar. I know it's not high dollar,but it sure plays nice. Any info would be appreciated.

Mitchell Jet Mini Electric Guitar

I have what I believe to be a rare Mitchell Jet mini les paul style electric guitar. I can not find any info on it. Any help please?

WFM Mitchell M-30 acoustic guitar

I recently bought a Mitchell M-30 acoustic guitar and it sounds beautiful. I cannot find any information on when it was built or the original price. This one is apparently an earlier model. It is in "like new" shape. Can you help me out?

WFM MITCHELL

: : : : : : I was wondering if you found anything out on that instrument...I have a MD 100 CE model and also cant find any information regarding this guitar. Its a electic/acoustic 6 string. Any help you could give me would be amazing-thanks
: : : : : STEPHANIE

: : : : :
: : : : : : i own a rare model of a mitchell guitar.i hav searched the web and cannot find any information about it!the model is a md-100/tvs. any information will be very helppfull. thank you

: : : : : I also have a Mitchell md-100/tvs. I'm guessing it is not an endangered species ??

: : : : Bobert

: : : Me, too! Got a Mitchell MD 100S acoustic, a stylized WFM insignia and Mitchell embossing; the interior label says "since 1924", but I can't seem to find anything, and my local guitar guru was mystified as well. Love the instrument, tho!

: : yeah, definately got an md- 100s. who makes it??

:
: do yourself a favor. save your $$ and buy a good guitar. really, not being mean, just helping out.

Ialso have a wfm mitchell 100-s, excellent guitar, very nice action and sound.I read that it's a guitar center brand,but can't find any info on the wfm, i did find out that the founder of guitar center is william f. mitchell.

WFM MITCHELL

: : : : : : I was wondering if you found anything out on that instrument...I have a MD 100 CE model and also cant find any information regarding this guitar. Its a electic/acoustic 6 string. Any help you could give me would be amazing-thanks

: : : : : : i own a rare model of a mitchell guitar.i hav searched the web and cannot find any information about it!the model is a md-100/tvs. any information will be very helppfull. thank you

: : : : : I also have a Mitchell md-100/tvs. I'm guessing it is not an endangered species ??

: : : Me, too! Got a Mitchell MD 100S acoustic, a stylized WFM insignia and Mitchell embossing; the interior label says "since 1924", but I can't seem to find anything, and my local guitar guru was mystified as well. Love the instrument, tho!

:
: do yourself a favor. save your $$ and buy a good guitar. really, not being mean, just helping out.

:

I have a WFM Mitchell 6 string acoustic guitar model MD-700. I bought it at a garage sale in southern California in 6-21-2003. The guy I bought it from was moving from LA to NY and said he was, I believe a producer for Columbia Records. The case had a label that had the address to some building in NY and said 1 of 12 Columbia Records. His friend said to me "you scored on that guitar" and I said why, he said because that guitar has a lot of history. I said what kind of history, he said that guitar has been played by many famuos musicians. I asked who and he said Nirvara, Alice and Chains, Perl Jams, Toad The Wet Sprocket and Soul Asylum. So I asked the owner if he could put that in writing so I can have the history on the guitar. So I bought it and he gave me a paper with all the bands names that his friend had said and signed it. I believe he said his name was Mike. As a producer he said these bands would come visit him at his office to conduct business and he kept the guitar in the waiting area so thay would pick it up and play it while they waited for him to recieve them for there meeting. I know, too much information but I thought it was interesting.
Any ways, I also cannot find the manufacturer. All I know it's a very nice looking guitar and it sounds beautiful. Must be custom made. It has ivory trimming all around, mother pearl with a very nice finish and brass keys. I'll be checking in every onca in a while.

Vic
12-13-2008

mitchell guitar

HI THERE FROM THE UK I HAVE JUST ACQUIRED A MITCHELL MD 750 S FROM THE STATES I OWN MANY ACOUSTICS INCLUDING 2 JEDSONS AND 2 TOKAI TAKAMINE LAWSUIT THIS IS UP THERE WITH THEM SOLID SPRUCE TOP FIGURED ROSEWOOD BACK AND SIDES ABALONE ALL OVER EDGES AND SOUND HOLE ABULOUS CONDITION YOU CAN KEEP YOUR OVERPRICED M R T N S AND G B O S THIS SOUNDS AS GOOD AS ANYTHING I HAVE PLAYED FOR 200 BUCKS ON E BAY UNBELEIVABLE LIKE A CANNON HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BELIEVE ME

These Mitchell acoustics are Guitar Center's "house brand" guitars. Worth about $120-$250, any model.

They are great guitars with low action and great playability.

:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Mitchell guitars. They are IMHO the best bang for the buck. I bought an MD100S last night at my local Guitar Center. I compared it to guitars costing hundreds more and the fit and finish and most important the SOUND is great! I looked at the Yamaha FG730S which has a street price of $299.00, the Mitchell looked and sounds better. I also looked at Epiphone, Fender, Ibanez, Taylor and Martins. In this price range nothing can touch the Mitchell. Who knows? I noticed most manufacturers are making their products in Indonesia, China, Mexico, and other countries where labor is cheap. This Mitchell is made in Indonesia and it's funny as the label states it's designed and engineered in California and built to specs by Javanese craftsman in Indonesia. I wonder if they meant Japanese craftsman in Indonesia? Anyway, this is my second acoustic, I have a Mexican made Gilb "REQUINTO" which is like a quarter size guitar and the thing looks like it was put together with gum and penny nails but it sounds great too!
The folks at GC told me the Mitchells are made specially for Guitar Center. They must also be affiliated with Musician's Friend and I found the MD100S on sale for $129.99 at MF and GC matched the price. They had the guitar for $179.99 I am very satisfied with my purchase.

:)

Guitar Center's house brand, I read somewhere.Can't be very rare if so. Now this thread is all I find. I'm looking because I just went down to get my MD-100 CE and the tuning head was standing up at a 45 degree angle. It split across the head, AGAINST the grain, just under the tuners closest to the body. Very disappointed with this - it was a great guitar with a cutaway. I might glue it but I'll certainly bitch at GC about it. It was a little over 5 yrs old.

:

Mitchell 100ce

md-100ce (ce cut electric)

i have one tooo!

oh shit.
it must not be tooo rare

Rare, they're not, though I can't seem to find much info on them either. I can tell you that they're in no way associated with Bil Mitchell ( www.bilmitchell.com ). A quick look at Sam Ash, Musician's Friend or the like will show you any number of Mitchells going for $199 on the average. Of course, they all say listing for $300- $500, but who comes up with these list prices anyway?

That said, I just bought one today. I went in to Guitar Center with the intention of buying a decent "fest guitar". Maybe a $99 Yamaha. Picked this one up for fun, played it, and couldn't believe the price tag. I actually asked if it was a mistake, and who the hell is this Mitchell company? I'm blown away by such quality for $200. The binding is nothing short of beautiful, while the inlay work around the soundhole and up the center back binding is downright pretty. The body shape is a soulful curved taper, letting the rich bass really come out. I plugged it in while in the store and that sold me on the spot. 'Course, I defeated the entire purpose of the "fest guitar", so I still have to be super careful about temperature and humidity, but I just couldn't resist it. Oh- and as to the individual who was trying to "help" by ragging on it and sagely advising you to save your money- f' him. That's not helping- that's just being a d1ck. For what it's worth, I've been playing for 23 years now. I've played just about every make and model of acoustic & electric guitars, basses, mandolins and banjos. Not to mention classical violin and various vintage-to-modern keyboard instruments and percussion, from hand-made tribal pieces to your standard 5 piece trap kit. I know a quality instrument when I see/play/buy one. This is a quality instrument. Somehow, they managed to build 'em cheap, and we've reaped the benefits, so enjoy the hell out it. I know I am and will continue to do so. This summer's festivals are looking better already.

Peace- db
cyber-punk.com
myspace.com/davebrownmusic

rare mitchell guitar model!!!

I got that guitar too, and I don't now how to string it.
it is to difficult, if somebody knows how to string it
please!!!!!!! let me know.

It's made exclusively for Guitar Center stores. Not exactly "rare". I bought a Mitchell MD-100S from them about 4 years ago. I've been pleased with it.

I just got one from guitar center. They were going for only $200 but i got this one for $130 because of a chip on it! Damn this thing rings! I heard they were made by Samick, but am not sure. The weird thing is the headstock looks pretty much like a gibson and has grover tuners! Which is sort of odd. Also note the name WFM ( mitchell) was the founder of Guitar center.Anyone know more,please email me! Thanks!

heres what i found on my mitchell..http://www.bilmitchell.com/..im not sure this is right...check it oyt,and e-mail me with any info

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.