My Gibson ES140 M

Posted by Ted on Mon, 01/12/04 - 18:33:07.
In Reply to Gibson

I have a vintage Gibson ES140M, it's a 3/4 size, sunburst, Serial number 3131 5. So far I can't get much information on it except it was made in 1950. It has the original case with a plate on it from Kesting Music in St. Paul MN. If anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Ted

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: My Gibson ES140 M

Ted, do you still need info on this. I have one #3131 3" also from 1950.

Re: My Gibson ES140 M

Hi ted,
great little gutiar - but definitely not from 1950 because these flat body version of the ES140 had been made in the second half of the fifties - yours should have a silver caped P90 Pickup - the early fifty models had a balck plastic cover and a thick body - yours therefore mght most probably be an ES140T -for thinline - check the serial number on the gibson homepage.
have fun
martin

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.