Value of vintage gibson or eko's.

Posted by Ads on Sat, 11/18/00 - 14:41:05.
In Reply to Gibson

I've got a 1974 Gibson SG, USA standard in cherry red,chrome hardware, P90's. It's well used and the machine heads are replaced, but it looks great and sounds even better. It's not for sale and I know roughly what it's worth, but I'm looking for a more accurate estimate. Also could anyone tell me how much original 70's Eko's are going for these days? I've got a 6 and a 12 string in the Ranger VII range. Cheers.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

eko navajo 6

:I've just bought an eko navajo 6 for very cheap, and i wondreed what it might be worth - basically it feels like i got a lot of guitar for very little money.. how much do you reckon?

Re: Eko 12 string

To the best of my knowledge gleaned from research on the net they are bringing around $250.00 more or less depending on the condition of course. That isn't much for such a vintage aged wood guitar that plays as well and sounds as good. But they don't have the stigma of a gretch, gibson or fender. The american prices for a new SG for example would shock you. For the same or less money you can buy a twenty or thirty year old instrument in pristine condition.And it would be a much better guitar and a better investment of your money. I just recently bought a 1982 Fender American Strat, Just like the pewter Eric Clapton signature series, for five hundred dollars at a pawn shop. Excellent condition although quite dirty. It sounds fantastic though because of the seasoned wood and the old pickups. They don't make any thing like they used too!

Re: Eko 12 string

I purchased an EKO Ranger 12 a couple of years ago and paid $300. It sounds great especially when its plugged in. It is very resistant to feedback. I would recommend it to anyone. They seem to be going pretty cheap if yuo can find one.

Re: VALUE OF VINTAGE EKO ACOUSTIC

ACOUSTIC J-59 EKO IN 85-90% CONDITION. HAS ADJUSTABLE BRIDGE,BLACK DIAMOND PATTERN AROUND SOUNDHOLE.STILL SOUND EXCELLENT AFTER ALL THESE
YEARS.IS IT TRUE WAS MADE IN 1957

eko ranger 6 made in italy

how much tey for these days? I've got a 6 in the Ranger VI range. Cheers.

Re: eko ranger 6 made in italy

i found a ranger VI in London and brang it in italy with me...wich is the value of it?
bye
Alessandro

eko ranger 6 made in italy

how much tey for these days? I've got a 6 in the Ranger VI range. Cheers.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.