Re: Martin D-25K? How much is it worth?

Posted by Nick Slater on Tue, 08/13/02 - 10:18:38.

I just bough a 1980 D-25K from Elderly Instruments. I paid $1,400.00 for it in "excellent" condition. There is also one for sale here:
http://www.kenguitars.com/stockphotoeg/martinphoto/m0094eg.html The asking price for this one is $2,700+ However, this
guitar is in Japan where you will pay more.

There were only about 900 d-25k's built, and very few photos exist. I have the 1980 Martin catalog and it doesn'rt even show the
25K - the 37K is shown.

I know quite a bit about this particular guitar having talked with George Gruhn about it and read all
the available literature in the various Martin history books.

In EXCELLENT condition - all original - a proce range of $1,400 - $1,600 is appropriate. By the way, if yours does not have black end
pins with white dot they're not origina!!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I just bought a D-25K in Vancouver for $1400 Canadian ( tax included!).

I bought my Martin D-25K brand new in November of 1982 for $1200.00. I still have it and am proud to say it looks brand new still, even though I've played the heck out of it.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.