Gibson Les Paul Vs PRS Custom

Posted by Jodi on Sun, 07/22/01 - 02:08:52.

Could anybody tell me which of the following guitar is better,
Gibson les Paul custom or PRS custom?!? Or are they incomparable?Many thanks!

Related Article:
See where PRS came in our review of the best Semi Hollow Body Guitars

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Gibson Les Paul Vs PRS Custom

Buy a prs guitar. les pauls are great guitars, just look at jimmy page. that guy's amazing. however, for most non-prodigy guitar players a prs is better for the action or playability

: Could anybody tell me which of the following guitar is better,
: Gibson les Paul custom or PRS custom?!? Or are they incomparable?Many thanks!

By nowadays standards theres no competition. You can get a better quality PRS for half of the price of a standard LP. With PRS you know your paying for a handmade and highly playable piece of kit, with Gibson your forking out for the name 9/10 times.

les paul duh

I'd go for the PRS bcuz it has a neck that is absolutely comfortable for me at least. esp. if u have small hands and fingers. the tone is juss beautiful and the guitar is fairly light. but the LP is a bit heavier, but still has a great sound esp for distortion and soloing. i own a LP Custom and its my baby, but im saving for a PRS, bcuz i personally think they are cooler and plus, if yur into doing crazy guitar kicks and flips, PRS is a pretty good guitar to use. haha! PRS is the way to go. that is juss my view

A Les Paul is the only way to go. Especially if your into distortion. The sustain you get is amazing and the playability is great the the Les Paul Classic 1960 fast neck. GO WITH A LES PAUL

: A Les Paul is the only way to go. Especially if your into distortion. The sustain you get is amazing and the playability is great especially with the Les Paul Classic 1960 fast neck. GO WITH A LES PAUL

I recently tried out a PRS custom 22 and the playability wasn't as much as i had hoped for. But the finish and looks you get with a PRS are no question. I own a Les Paul studio and i have no regrets. But if you've heard, Gibson is sueing PRS for some strange reason, which isn't cool. I would go for a PRS

Both guitars are excellent. I've been playing for over 20 years and have had many guitars. The main thing is to find a guitar you are comfortable playing. The neck on a Gibson is a bit of a challenge, but the reward is great. The Les Paul classic has a slimmer neck which is pretty slick. Most guys like the PRS because its lighter and has a "fast neck" Try both and get the one you feel most comfortable playing, you can't go wrong with either choice. I will say, as an experienced player, that the tones you will get out of a les paul will amaze you the more you play it. This is why it has such a long and respected history. It simply is the standard. Which is better PRS or LP you decide...by playing them.

: ,

Nothing beats a PRS, gibsons are still great don't get me wrong, but PRS takes the cake, no doubt about it

I played a Les Paul Custom for 20 years. I bought a PRS Custom 22 about a year ago and the LP hasn't been out of the case since. The playability is just incredible and the tone is pure monster. LP is a great guitar, but, PRS has it beat hands down.

: : Could anybody tell me which of the following guitar is better,
: : Gibson les Paul custom or PRS custom?!? Or are they incomparable?Many thanks!

: Nothing beats a PRS, gibsons are still great don't get me wrong, but PRS takes the cake, no doubt about it

I've been reading alot of forums about that particular issue, I've been playing PRS guitars for a very long time, and have owned the les pauls, strats, ibanez guitars among others. And I do Agree with the other guy that PRS does have its own sound and you have to remember, alot of that sound is in the wood itself which paul puts the wood he uses through a variety of test before even building his guitars. I attended one of his seminars last fall and he gave alot of input on peoples questions regarding the comparisons on the other high end guitar makers. He put it this way to the crowd that was there, YOU WANT A STRAT SOUND, BUY A STRAT AND A FENDER TUBE AMP, YOU WANT A LES PAUL SOUND, BUT YOU A LES PAUL AND A MARSHALL TUBE! I dont think you can put it any better than that. I personally love the PRS sound!
Musicman

I've been reading alot of forums about that particular issue, I've been playing PRS guitars for a very long time, and have owned the les pauls, strats, ibanez guitars among others. And I do Agree with the other guy that PRS does have its own sound and you have to remember, alot of that sound is in the woof itself which paul putsw the wood he uses through a variety of test before even building his guitars. I attended one of his seminars last fall and he gave alot of input on peoples questions regarding the comparisons on the other high end guitar makers. He put it this way to the crowd that was there, YOU WANT A STRAT SOUND, BUY A STRAT AND A FENDER TUBE AMP, YOU WANT A LES PAUL SOUND, BUT YOU A LES PAUL AND A MARSHALL TUBE! I dont think you can put it any better than that. I personally love the PRS sound!
Musicman

re; prs vs gibson

after playing both kinds of guitars... i like both of them, but i lean twards the Gibson.

A PRS sounds like (or better than) a Les Paul but also can sound like a Strat where a Les Paul only sounds like a Les Paul. A PRS is also lighter and more well balanced than a Les Paul - not to mention the gorgeous PRS finishes. It's your choice and your money, but my money went to a PRS...

i'm with you on that comment, les pauls, while very good guitars and always with overflowing respect because of their track record, have been totally overshadowing paul reed smith guitars....i just recenly ordered a McCarty in McCarty Tobacco Burst, and that cost me a good $2G's but well worth it, Gibson has become a little too overrated for me....their a great company in all, but people need to find out about another great company; PRS!

Plain and simple 1st check build quality fit n finish - PRS hands down; 2nd playabilty - PRS hands down; Sound versatility - PRS I've owned 3 Les Pauls over the years 2 Customs and a Classic traded all three. The only keepers a PRS Custom 22 & G&L Legacy (Best Strat Style Guitar Period). But you play it's your choice.........

i'm with you on that comment, les pauls, while very good guitars and always with overflowing respect because of their track record, have been totally overshadowing paul reed smith guitars....i just recenly ordered a McCarty in McCarty Tobacco Burst, and that cost me a good $2G's but well worth it, Gibson has become a little too overrated for me....their a great company in all, but people need to find out about another great company; PRS!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.