Yamaha CJ-838S - Still Singing its Praises!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Posted by Shane Moad on Mon, 11/27/06 - 03:38:52.

: Hi Yves, according to this website: http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/1980s.html, $100 in 1980 converts to $243.45 in 2005. Given the guitar retailed at $375 when it first came out in 1979, the brand new price today would be around $920.
: But then again, considering the reputation of this rare guitar, I reckon it's still be a bargain if you can fetch one for less than $600...

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Yamaha CJ-838S

i have a cj838s and i am thinking of selling it as it just sits in the corner.i have owned it for about 25 years and got it from a guy who worked for yamaha.it was shop damaged.it has a slight hair line crack on the top and it has been revarnished.it does not affect the sound at all.it has never been gigged and only has a few marks on the back.does any one have any idea as to the value?

Re: Yamaha CJ-838S - Still Singing its Praises!!!!!!!!!

:I have a CJ-838SII does anyone know what the difference is? Bought it in '79. I love it. I havn't been able to find much info on it even on yamahas web site

Sorry about last e-mail, forgot to past in the message..opps!!

: Just a quick hello to all who have written in about their experience with their Yamaha CJ 838S,s.........................I still have mine and it sounds better each year I have it....................my son is using it at the moment till he saves and gets his own guitar. he wants an electric, more into heavy stuff than me but hey, its all cool.
: They really are an exceptional guitar and it surprises me that more people do not know about the CJ 838S...................maybe its that old sheep thing, if one person says the Martin or Gibson is the best then all the sheep follow each other without really trying other guitars.............oh well, I guess that's human nature.
: Anyway, mine CJ 838S is here to stay, no money could pry it from my hands.
: Stay well
: Shane

Yamaha CJ-838S - Still Singing its Praises!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about last e-mail, forgot to past in the message..opps!!

Just a quick hello to all who have written in about their experience with their Yamaha CJ 838S,s.........................I still have mine and it sounds better each year I have it....................my son is using it at the moment till he saves and gets his own guitar. he wants an electric, more into heavy stuff than me but hey, its all cool.
They really are an exceptional guitar and it surprises me that more people do not know about the CJ 838S...................maybe its that old sheep thing, if one person says the Martin or Gibson is the best then all the sheep follow each other without really trying other guitars.............oh well, I guess that's human nature.
Anyway, mine CJ 838S is here to stay, no money could pry it from my hands.
Stay well
Shane

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.