Yamaha FG-312 II

Advertisement
Posted by Bruce Gantt on Fri, 06/14/02 - 13:51:02.
In Reply to Yamaha

Seeking information about the quality of workmanship and durability of the FG-312II. I just purchased the guitar and plan on re-stringing the instrument. No information is to be found anywhere on this model.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Yamaha FG 312 ii 12 string guitar

Brothers i am from INDIA and the Yamaha FG 312 ii guitar is AMAZING...... It can be said OLD is GOLD......
The quality of TONE &....& SOUND it produces is LOUD & is different compared to other 12 string guitars or 6 string guitars.......
I have this FG 312 ii when i was 14.... and now i m still having it..... want to pass on to generation to generations to my childrens children and so on.....
Tune this guitar to Open C from top to bottom i.e 654321(CGCGCe) or Tune it to Open D top to bottom i.e 654321 (DADf#AD) or (DADGAD). and play it
FEEL the TOUCH to Your HEART and PEOPLE ARound u..........

My dear Old FG312

Hi
I bought mine back in 1977 with its original box (so heavy !!!)
I've been moving everywhere with it, I played it both with 6 or 12 strings, with or without microphone, and it is still one of my favourite guitars.
The only thing I'd like if I was in front of the guitar shop back then, would be a cutaway model (not available in 1977), and perhaps a thinner neck (playing 12 strings on a thick neck is a bit painful).
This guitar is like a good french wine, getting better as time goes by ...

Yamaha FG 312ii

I have had the Yamaha FG 312ii 12 string guiter for 30 years and I love it. This is one guitar I will never part with. When I went looking for a 12 string 30 years ago I tried out a Martin and to me it was like playing a 2 x 4 with strings but, from the moment I picked up the Yamaha, it was like the guitar played itself. As long as the guitar has not been damaged, I'd say buy it.

YAMAHA FG 312 GUITAR

I HAVE HAD ONE FOR THE PAST 15 YEARS, PASSED ON TO ME BY MY YOUNGER BROTHER, WHO HAD USED IT IN A ROCK BAND. THE TONE IMPROVES WITH AGE, KEEP IT IN GOOD CONDITION, AND YOU'LL BE REWARDED WITH A WONDERFUL SOUND. MINE WAS RECENTLY VALUED AT EUROS 1,500 (WHATEVER THAT IS IN DOLLARS). GREETINGS FROM WICKLOW, IRELAND.

FG-312

I agree, everyone who has played my FG-312 also say that it has gotten better with age. I boughtit in 1977.......35 years ago and its still the best sound you'll find...amazing.

Ken Stead....Newfoundland ( Eastern Canada)

Re: Yamaha FG-312 II

i just bought one from a friend for $35 there was no way i was going to pass that deal up only thing wrong... a few nics and a broken string:D

Yamaha FG-312 II

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Yamaha FG-312 II

I have had one of these for about 1 1/2 years now and have been quite happy with it. Mine seems to be an older model with the open headstock (like a classical guitar.) It has a bright but full sound. Recently stacked it up against a Fender and an Alvarez and it blew them both away on tone. Check out a review I posted on harmony central.com shortly after I purchased it.

I have owned one of these guitars for over 20 years and love it! It has always sounded great and has a good action and play-ability.

I have one- that I need to sell- it is way too big for me- do you have any idea of what price I might list it for sale?

thanks- Melody

: I have one- that I need to sell- it is way too big for me- do you have any idea of what price I might list it for sale?

: thanks- Melody

I just paid $188 at the Guitar Center in Orlando. they couldnt even tell me anything. Its not in the acoustic guitar price book either. I'd like to know anything at all about it. I was tryng out $2 000 guitars and saw this one. I thought "hello....whats this ? sounds good. plays good. price is right."

: I have one- that I need to sell- it is way too big for me- do you have any idea of what price I might list it for sale?

: thanks- Melody

: : I have one- that I need to sell- it is way too big for me- do you have any idea of what price I might list it for sale?

: : thanks- Melody

i bought one in a pawn shop in 1997 in new orleans for $100. they were asking $150 for it. i got it without the hard case for that price. i bought the case about a month later for $30 at the same pawn shop. for the most part, i like it.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.