Re: Info on Yamaha SJ1000

Advertisement
Posted by David Gray on Thu, 03/13/03 - 13:03:24.

: Has anybody got info on a Yamaha SJ1000 (super flighter. cos i got one and know nothing about it?? Please help. cheers

Hi - it is actually SF1000, on the head of the guitar, the F is written backwards and looks like a J.
There were 3 main models of Super Flighter, the SF500, 700 and 1000. I belive there may have been a Super Fligher Junior, with P90 pickups, but I've never seen one in the flesh.

The SF range was made late 1970's early 80s. They were excellent guitars. The SF1000 was the top of the range, usually in solid maple (which gives a clearer tone than is typical for a guitar with such powerful humbucker pickups), with gold fittings and a coil tap which selects single coils (the outer pair of coils) on the pickup. The guitars are quite collectible now, and if in good condition with original parts is worth around £650.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

information

I have been offered an SF 600, for £350. It`s 30 years old, but I don`t know wether or not, that`s a good price. Can anyone put me straight?

Hi: I have a Yamaha SF 600 in all original condition (plus a few knocks). The 600 model has a built in pre-amp with gain & master volume and coil tap switches. I origially looked at buying a SF model in 1978 when they first appeared in the UK. The SF series were a slightly cheaper range than the SG series starting at around £250 for the SF 500 upto around £400.
I have only seen 3 SF models in my life & this is the second one I have owned.

cheers.

Hi,#
If you own a SF1000 you are the only other person I know that has one they are now very rare.
Whats yours like colour etc

Re: Info on Yamaha SF1000

Info on Yamaha SF1000

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Info on Yamaha SF1000

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.