Yamaha FG 260 12-String Guitar

Posted by Jeff on Tue, 12/30/03 - 07:53:34.
In Reply to Yamaha

While stationed in Japan in 1978 (USMC) I bought two Yamaha 12-string guitars. They came with hard cases and I opened one and used it. The other has traveled with me over the years. It's still in it's sealed plastic bag just like the day I bought it. The label inside the guitar body says "Nippon Gakki Co. Ltd." and there is a 'K' stamped inside the body. It also says Made In Japan.

I'm interested in finding out where I can go to gett information about this guitar.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Yamaha FG 260 12-String Guitar

hi Jeff i think we have something in commun cos i just bought an old 12 string yamaha FG-260 with the "K" stamped inside surely made in japan and i am trying hard to fing the background of the guitar so if you know something new just let me know. thanks man

FG260 pawn shop find

I was in a local pawn shop today - in search of a rosewood tele - when I spotted this Yamaha FG230. It had been listed @ $129 but they had it marked down to $99. I offered out the door no tax and they bit.

The action is amazingly low. While I love the FG Yamahas (I own: FG 110, FG130 red label FG150 and a nice FG360) i always shied away from 12 strings because of the added string tension scares me as far as neck condition is concerned. But this one looks great. Sure, there are some cosmetic scratches on it. I'd be real surprised if there weren't any.

Serial # starts with 302 so I know it was made in Feb. 1972. But the Yamaha Archive site says this model was only manufactured from '74- '77.

Red label Nippon Gakki. I could not be happier. Now I just have to squirrel it away so the wife doesn't get pissed at me! The thing though. I had just taken a lot of loose change to the bank to cash in earlier, and I had just over $100. So if there is any justification, that would be it!

FG Yamaha fan

FG-360

I bought a Yamaha FG-360 12 string acoustic for $185 on March 31, 1978 in Portland, Maine at a place called New England Music. I still have it and it still sounds awesome. The play-ability has never changed and it holds a tuning forever! I know what the real value is to me... but I've always wondered how much is it worth.

: hi Jeff i think we have something in commun cos i just bought an old 12 string yamaha FG-260 with the "K" stamped inside surely made in japan and i am trying hard to fing the background of the guitar so if you know something new just let me know. thanks man i also have a fg260k...would like to learn more about guitar...thanks ...jerry

Can I ask how much you purchased yours for. i have one also and would like to know what this guitar usually goes for.
Thanks,
Tempest

Hi Tempest 8,
actualy i got my guitar from an old man i met in a pub where i play and he gave it to me for $150 but he doesn't know how to play even and he remembered that he has a guitar at home he bought in 1974. and never learned. think i was lucky. marwanhawwa@hotmail.com

: Can I ask how much you purchased yours for. i have one also and would like to know what this guitar usually goes for.
: Thanks,
: Tempest

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.