Yamaha SF-400

Posted by Timo Liiri on Sat, 07/03/04 - 06:27:59.
In Reply to Yamaha

I bought a used Yamaha SF-400 a few years back, but to this date I still haven't been able to find any information or specs on this guitar. I tried the yamaha.com serialfinder, but it seems this guitar is way too old for that. It seems to be a mahogany build, 2x humbucker, neck isn't a bolt-on, not sure if it's through body. A pic can be found at http://koti.mbnet.fi/haziz/Timbe/kitara.jpg Any info or specs on this guitar would be welcome.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Sf400

Hello!
I Aldo have a sf400. I bought mine in 1986 when I was 12 years.
Took all My savings for it but I still hot it.
I'm interested in how many tjat was built and
How much it is wort.
Best regards //Iversen

Re: Yamaha SF 400S

I have A FG 400S and I'm trying to get am idea of the value. This guitar s old and tried and true. It's in great shape and looks great. Any one got any Idea od it's value? THANKS!
I have NEVER been able to find info on this guitar???

Re: Yamaha SF-400

One of my friends had this guitar but he bought a better one so he sold it to me and i can't find any specs on it either... It's like a freakin mystery guitar...

Hi there, i have one too, í'm from santiago, Chile and WE WANT SPECIFICATIONS!!.

Hey guys, same guitar, same story!! I own one too!! I bought it second hand in a shop in Rome in 1986 and have never seen another one or found news about specs etc. and it seems to have disappeared from history of Yamaha guitars. I've been using it a lot and transformed it quite a bit by replacing the original machine heads with golden Schaller, the original bridge with a golden Kahler-vibrato-fine tuning bridge, I moved the neck-pick up to the middle and put an EMG pick up (like the early Steinberger pickups) at the neck and added three "on-off" switches for each pick up... so besides being a rare guitar it has become quite a unique one. If you want to see a picture of it just go to:
http://www.mercatinomusicale.com/annunci/annuncio.asp/IDAnnuncio_224673/yamaha-sf400.htm

: Hey guys, same guitar, same story!! I own one too!! I bought it second hand in a shop in Rome in 1986 and have never seen another one or found news about specs etc. and it seems to have disappeared from history of Yamaha guitars. I've been using it a lot and transformed it quite a bit by replacing the original machine heads with golden Schaller, the original bridge with a golden Kahler-vibrato-fine tuning bridge, I moved the neck-pick up to the middle and put an EMG pick up (like the early Steinberger pickups) at the neck and added three "on-off" switches for each pick up... so besides being a rare guitar it has become quite a unique one. If you want to see a picture of it just go to:
: http://www.mercatinomusicale.com/annunci/annuncio.asp/IDAnnuncio_224673/yamaha-sf400.htm

I have just found one of these in the UK which I have just finished renovating for my site.
A great guitar. Just waiting for date confirmation from Yamaha
Please check it out here:
http://www.whitstableguitars.co.uk/1970syamahasf400.htm

I have that guitar as well. I bought it about 20 years ago, in a shop in my home country Holland. Until now I haven't seen it twice. I'm happy there's someone who also haves this guitar. Is there anybody there with more information (in English please)?

kyselit yamahan sf400:sta...itellä on samanlainen. ostin sen viime talvena, oisko ollu helmikuu 04. ihan samanlainen ku tuo sinun vempele, mutta värityksenä (jälkeenpäinmaalattu) sinertävän musta. otappa sähköpostilla mulle yhteyttä...oma kitarani on ilmeisesti vuosimallia 84, entäs sun? paljo maksoit siitä?

marko lappalainen

Yep. I've got one too. I bought it off a friend in Perth, Australia in 1990. Since then I've seen one other, in Perth but not in great condition. I liked it because it had a warm sound when overdriven. Since then I've dropped a seymor Duncan Jeff Beck pick-up at the bridge. I prefere my 72 SG but it's good as a back up.

Hi,
I'm to am trying to find info on the Yamaha SF400.
Only ever seen one other.
Doesn't show up on yamaha.com history section.
Can you help?
Regards
Lloyd

: kyselit yamahan sf400:sta...itellä on samanlainen. ostin sen viime talvena, oisko ollu helmikuu 04. ihan samanlainen ku tuo sinun vempele, mutta värityksenä (jälkeenpäinmaalattu) sinertävän musta. otappa sähköpostilla mulle yhteyttä...oma kitarani on ilmeisesti vuosimallia 84, entäs sun? paljo maksoit siitä?

: marko lappalainen

i also bought this guitar used and didnt find any information about it plz if any one can tell me about it in english

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.