Yamaha FG300 Acoustic Guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Launa Buettell on Thu, 04/14/05 - 20:10:15.
In Reply to Yamaha

My FG300 has a red label, and a serial number, but doesn't say Nippon Gakki anywhere on it. So what other labels where there in this guitar, that determine it's value or year it was built?

thanks for your help. :-)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Yamaha FG-300 Orange Label - Nippon Gakki Japan

I have been looking around and I see a lot of people saying only the red labeled Yamaha guitars are the ones made in the nippon gakki Factory. I have a gold labeled FG 300 and It does say built In Nippon-Gakki Japa. I was wondering if anyone knows what the difference is between a red and orange labeled FG 300 provided both were made in the N-G Factory? I cant find a serial number on it, my only guess would be that it would tell you something about the age of it.

Yamaha guitar,Acoustic FG-36SB

Can anyone give me some info on my Yamaha FG-36SB Acoustic. A friend in high school gave it to me,(before 1972),but I cannot find ANY info on this model/"number".It plays great,the action is so smooth and the sound as rich and deep as any acoustic I have ever heard.Thanks.

looking to buy a yamaha fg 300

Hi there...im looking to buy a yamaha fg 300..im in south africa thou...please mail me...if anyone can help..thanks

Re: Yamaha FG300 Acoustic Guitar

I have a Yamaha FG-300, flowered pickguard, Red Label w/Nippon Gakki within; 'Made in Japan' on the back of the head stock, adjustable bridge, etc., but NO SERIAL NUMBER inside the sound hole.

Could it be 'under' the label? Any thoughts? Person I bought it from said he's owned it since 1976 and bought it used.

Thanks for your help.

mario

: I have a Yamaha FG-300, flowered pickguard, Red Label w/Nippon Gakki within; 'Made in Japan' on the back of the head stock, adjustable bridge, etc., but NO SERIAL NUMBER inside the sound hole.

: Could it be 'under' the label? Any thoughts? Person I bought it from said he's owned it since 1976 and bought it used.

: Thanks for your help.

: mario

It's been over a year. If you are still looking for an FG300, I have one. All original, excellent condition, pick guard sits flat & never re-glued. Serial #40404 Let me know.

: : I have a Yamaha FG-300, flowered pickguard, Red Label w/Nippon Gakki within; 'Made in Japan' on the back of the head stock, adjustable bridge, etc., but NO SERIAL NUMBER inside the sound hole.

: : Could it be 'under' the label? Any thoughts? Person I bought it from said he's owned it since 1976 and bought it used.

: : Thanks for your help.

: : mario

: It's been over a year. If you are still looking for an FG300, I have one. All original, excellent condition, pick guard sits flat & never re-glued. Serial #40404 Let me know.
THE GUITAR HAS BEEN SOLD.

: I have a Yamaha FG-300, flowered pickguard, Red Label w/Nippon Gakki within; 'Made in Japan' on the back of the head stock, adjustable bridge, etc., but NO SERIAL NUMBER inside the sound hole.

: Could it be 'under' the label? Any thoughts? Person I bought it from said he's owned it since 1976 and bought it used.

: Thanks for your help.

: mario

It's been over a year. If you are still looking for an FG300, I have one. All original, excellent condition,
pick guard sits flat & never re-glued. Let me know.

I have an FG300 with red label, Nikkon Gakki and 'made in Japan' on the neck. Excellent condition and fantastic sound.

Hi! I got my FG300 Yamaha in Japan in 1972, and it has the FG300 Label in the hole....I can only think that your must predate that. James

: My FG300 has a red label, and a serial number, but doesn't say Nippon Gakki anywhere on it. So what other labels where there in this guitar, that determine it's value or year it was built?

: thanks for your help. :-)

: : My FG300 has a red label, and a serial number, but doesn't say Nippon Gakki anywhere on it. So what other labels where there in this guitar, that determine it's value or year it was built?

: : thanks for your help. :-)i have a fg 300 ,inlaid neck adjustable bridge ,patterned pickgaurd,,in imaculate condition ,got nippon gakki in sound hole i bought it in 1975

It seems the winning combination is the red label, Nippon Gakki, and "Made In Japan" on the back of the headstock. Those appear to be the famous ones, beat out only by the Japan ones made before that I believe that were not exports out of that country. After these initial exports, they were assembled other ways, including in Taiwan and production standards were hard to monitor.

The red label Japan models gave American guitar makers a real run for their money. These were still plywood guitars (veneers) but are sought after today for a reason.

: It seems the winning combination is the red label, Nippon Gakki, and "Made In Japan" on the back of the headstock. Those appear to be the famous ones, beat out only by the Japan ones made before that I believe that were not exports out of that country. After these initial exports, they were assembled other ways, including in Taiwan and production standards were hard to monitor.

: The red label Japan models gave American guitar makers a real run for their money. These were still plywood guitars (veneers) but are sought after today for a reason.

I have a Yamaha FG300 Red Label Humingbird SN#1222788. It has "Made in Japan" on the back of the head stock. It is in very good condition with a black case with red lining. I believe the case is original. The pick guard is coming up, but otherwise is in very good condition. I have been thinking of selling it, but want it to go to someone who appreciates the guitar. Any takers?
: : It seems the winning combination is the red label, Nippon Gakki, and "Made In Japan" on the back of the headstock. Those appear to be the famous ones, beat out only by the Japan ones made before that I believe that were not exports out of that country. After these initial exports, they were assembled other ways, including in Taiwan and production standards were hard to monitor.

: : The red label Japan models gave American guitar makers a real run for their money. These were still plywood guitars (veneers) but are sought after today for a reason.

Does the guitar have a flower designed pic gaurd? and Is the guitar still for sale? I have been looking for this model yamaha for months. Please email me at Caitlincordone5@gmail.com

thanks everyone for your input on this. I bought the guitar in 1970 or 1971, after my other guitar was damaged in a house fire.

Launa

Yamaha FG300 Acoustic Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Yamaha FG300 Acoustic Guitar

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.