VINTAGE YAMAHA FG400 FOR SALE

Advertisement
Posted by Pat Mead on Fri, 06/03/05 - 10:46:30.
In Reply to Yamaha

I have an old Yamaha FG400 in excellent cond. w/case for sale. I planned to sell on ebay, but thought someone here might be interested.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

SCAM.........HEADS UP !!!

HEADS UP EVERYONE....THIS IS A SCAM!!!! I POSTED TO SELL MY GUITAR AND GOT THIS RESPONSE....WATCH OUT...THEY'RE OUT THERE !!!
In a message dated 6/14/2005 12:07:35 AM Eastern Standard Time, da_jackie2606@hotmail.com writes:
Hi,
Thanks for the mail and i am really glad that it is still available for sale.The price is okay with me and i will like to make a deal with you regarding the payment terms.The payment will be made by my company which i have inflated the price to $2500 and they have agreed with the price,and the payment will be made via certified cashier's check . All they needed now is for me to give them your details(your address and the name to write on check) so that the payment can be made out soonest.I will be adding $100 to the amount of the $500.And i will want you to keep the remaining amount
with you and when i come for the pick up,as soon as the transaction is sealed,i will collect it from you.Hope this ou
r little deal can be between us and i hope to read from you soon.
Thanks and best regards,
Davies Jake.......

Subject: Re: Your ads(VINTAGE YAMAHA GUITAR)
>Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:05:46 EDT
>
>Hello there,
> Thanks for the email and interest in my guitar. I am attaching pictures as you requested along with a description. It measures aprox. 47" L x 17" W x 5" D and sounds great!!!
It really is nice and in excellent condition.Even the case is in good shape.
In response to your question...of how much I would like for it????..I would like $ one million dollars...but that is unrealistic so I will ask $400. Please do not hesitate to make an offer as naturally I can negotiate a little with this.
Pat Mead
SEE DESCRIPTION
>CLASSIC YAMAHA FG 400 GUITAR w/CASE PERFECT FOR A PLAYER OR COLLECTOR
>A GREAT 'FIRST' GUITAR, IT SOUNDS LIKE A $1000+ INSTRUMENT!!!
> I think this is called a Dreadnaught model. It has the most
>beautiful sound! It belonged to
my uncle who had it for many years...about 30 I think.
> The top is spruce and the body appears to be rosewood but it may be mahogany. The neck is inlaid with mother of pearl and it has the original fret, tuners, strings and label as well as the little ivory colored ball on the bottom and the pick guard.
> It is straight and tight with no signs of bending or warp.
> The case has the original lining, brass fittings, handle and label and shows only minimal wear.
> *Just a note: When Yamaha made these, they were attempting to make a real statement.... that quality does not need to mean that you must pay a great deal for a truly fine instrument !. They offered a whole lot of guitar for less than some others on the market with a sound that equaled many of the finest guitars made such as the Fender Gemini II for example. This guitar has been appropriately nick-named , "The Martin Killer".
> I would love this to go to a good home where it will be treasured for the fine inst

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.