Re: Yamaha FG-160 - looking for age and sale...

Advertisement
Posted by Clem on Fri, 11/18/05 - 18:35:28.

I sort of have the same problem as Alex and I wonder if someone could help identify the year and probable value of a Yamaha FG-150 in mint conditon. I bought it in 1971 and has a Red Nippon Ghaki Label. It came with an extra set of strings. It has been in storage in its own case all these years. Thanks, Clem

: : It is a Yamaha FG-160, near perfect condition and great sound, serial 20731422 (not on the label but on the wooden bar under the fret board) and has what i would say is a Green Nippon Gakki label in it.

: : Anyone who can help me please e-mail it_is_al@hotmail.com

: : Many thanks, Alex

: Alex,
: I looked up the serial # and it was made on July 31 1972 unit #422
: Do you have a photo of it? also do you have a price in mind?
: Thanks,
: Russell

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Dating my vintage Yamaha guitar

I need to know the date of my vintage Yamaha FG-180 Red Label Nippon Gakki Acoustic Guitar. Here is the serial # and it is in great condition, and still plays very well after being stored in the closet for years!

PJ

Serial# 1494552

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.