Shaftesbury Les Paul Custom.

Posted by Peter Chapman on Wed, 05/04/05 - 07:59:37.

Hey! am I the only owner in the world with a Shaftesbury "custom" Les Paul? Mine is a "cherry sunburst". Strangely mine has not got a serial No. at all. So what can anyone make of that? Any info. please would be appreciated.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Shaftesbury Les Paul

Hey, I am looking for a Shaftesbury Les Paul Goldtop or sunburst. Anyone our there who has one for sale (only good condition accepted). Please respond to my email address stu.wa@t-online.de.
Best
Shafty

Re: Shaftesbury Les Paul Custom.

Nope! I have a black one. But they are rare.

: Hey! am I the only owner in the world with a Shaftesbury "custom" Les Paul? Mine is a "cherry sunburst". Strangely mine has not got a serial No. at all. So what can anyone make of that? Any info. please would be appreciated.

I have a wonderful Shaftesbury Les Paul Custom, too. It's black and "lifetime" loan, but I like the sound via an old Vox.
Anybody out there who would sell his Shaftesbury Les Paul??? I would love to have my own....
Ottilia

: : Hey! am I the only owner in the world with a Shaftesbury "custom" Les Paul? Mine is a "cherry sunburst". Strangely mine has not got a serial No. at all. So what can anyone make of that? Any info. please would be appreciated.

: I have a wonderful Shaftesbury Les Paul Custom, too. It's black and "lifetime" loan, but I like the sound via an old Vox.
: Anybody out there who would sell his Shaftesbury Les Paul??? I would love to have my own....
: Ottilia

Hello,

I have a Shaftesbury Les Paul Custom in black. Gold coloured machine heads, pick ups & 3 way switch. Adjustable scratch plate. Very old and VERY heavy. Think its must be mahogony.

I want to sell it.

tobiasjhughes@msn.com

No, here is another one:
I´m the Owner of a Black Shaftesbury Les Paul Custom.
I bought it "used" in the late 60´s (1968 - 1969 ?). After selling it some Years later, I bought it a second time under mysterius circumstances in 2004.
Ask for more Information
Germany near Bremen

hey there...no, i just picked up a shaftesbury les paul off my uncle, its second hand, and yes mine has no serial number either...but it does have a model no. 3414...mines gold...

do you perhaps know the specs on this guitar??

I also have a black shaftesbury les paul custom and it has a serial number 1012401 does anyone know how much they are worth I love my shaftesbury it is great for recording and gigging i play it thrrough a marshal tsl 60 it sound great for acdc stuff!

: I also have a black shaftesbury les paul custom and it has a serial number 1012401 does anyone know how much they are worth I love my shaftesbury it is great for recording and gigging i play it thrrough a marshal tsl 60 it sound great for acdc stuff!

IM interested to buy your guitar.
What do you want for it?
And do you have any picutures?

/ Alex

I bought my black Shaftesbury Les Paul Custom 1973 in London. It sounds great on a vintage AC 30 Vox! Does anybody know how much it is worth and how many copies were made?

Please contact me old buddy

Hi Michael,

It sounds like you to be talking about a Les Paul. It's me the Space Cowboy, remember Mexico!

Please get in touch.

robsunset999@hotmail.com

Rob Boyer
Tucson, Arizona, USA

i also have a shaftesbury, sunburst in excellent condition , any idea of value please anybody

I have owned one since 1982 - it was about ten years old when I bought it. Cherry sunburst, no serial number, gold humbuckers. The guitar sounds just lovely through a Fender Twin, and I often use it for studio work in preference to a Gibson. The arch top isn't glued to the body like a Gibson LP Custom, so it has a slightly more resonant tone which really comes alive when you crank the volume up and it starts working with the amp. I had it fitted with a Kahler Tremolo - an unusual mod for this type of guitar, but it turned a good guitar into a gem for both gigging and studio work. If you're gigging with your Shaftesbury, try putting it through a Tom Scholz Rockman X100. Awesome combination!

If anyone has any info on the history of Shaftesbury guitars I'd be very interested to know.

Shaftesbury Les Paul Custom

Wow I know this thread is old it I e been searching high and low for info about this guitar! I got given a black one about 4 years ago by my dad and a guy has offered me money for it. Has anyone got any idea how much they are worth? I don't really want to sell it but I might. information would be great thanks if anyone is still out there :)

shaftesbury LP custom

I noticed that my 1970-2 black les paul custom (shaftesbury) is nearly identical to a jedson and an ibanez of the same era, so some of the info on those two may be useful if you are researching your shaftesbury. Key clues for me were arrowhead TRC, rounded fretboard heel, pearloid inlays stop at the 17th fret, "steel adjustable neck", and three screw pups. All these markers are purportedly Matsumoku traits (I read in a forum comment, so my not be true at all). My guitar has Mighty Mite cream humbuckers otherwise it is original. I would like to get hold of a 3ply black/white/black scratch plate and the black round cover for the back if anyone has either of those, I would very much appreciate if you get in touch. lucrichstep at gmail dot com

Shaftesbury les paul custom

i have a black shaftesbury 1970 that needs wiring between pickups and volume buttons. it feels and plays awesome and holds great tune :-) give me a fair offer and it's yours. remember that it is an atique so show me some respect!

Shaftesbury for sale

I have a Shaftesbury Les Paul for sale if anyone is interested? Black with gold hardware, all original parts, but pretty banged up.

Shaftesbury Les Paul

If still available, I might be interested. are there any pictures? what means" banged up"?

I agree with Patricks comments as I also use mine through a Rockman x100. Fantastic!(watch out for your ears though)
My guitar is the same as Stephens but although I still have the original parts. I have changed the black parts to cream and the knobs to gold as per Gibson Standard.

: i've bought a shaftesbury les paul custom off a guy for 50 quid. it has no pick ups, the bridge needs replacing and so do the machine heads. having said that, the guy i'm buying it off is a luthier and has perfectly placed the gisbon custom shop logo on the headstock :D

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.