Re: Shaftesbury Guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Martin Holland on Thu, 09/06/01 - 17:15:39.

Hi Mark,

This may not be any help but I have a Rose-Morris Shaftesbury guitar, made in Italy, clef cut into body in the telecaster style shape, its details are;

stock n. 3265 serial no. 1449

It is missing its chrome bridge cover but otherwise it is in mint condition... I can send you pictures of mine if you like, I too am trying to research its history!

Cheers, Martin

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Shaftesbury Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Shaftesbury Guitar

hi folks,

i have a shaftesbury les paul model, stock nr.3400, serial 70865; number on the neck is 0090040.

i would like to know about the history of these "sponsored by rose-morris" models.
thx stoewenau

I also have a rose morris shaftesbury guitar made in italy. It is a rickenbacker copy. it's details are: stock no. 3261 serial no. 1437.
the neck single coil pickup is dead but otherwise it is still in good condition, i too am trying to research its history. I want to know if this guitars have a high resell value.

: Chow, Keynobei

i've got a ricky copy as well. bought it £140 from the record and tape in london 2 years ago. i think it sounds amazing! i asked a guy in one of the vintage shops in denmark street what he thought of them and he shook his head, so i don't think they have much real value.

: i've got a ricky copy as well. bought it £140 from the record and tape in london 2 years ago. i think it sounds amazing! i asked a guy in one of the vintage shops in denmark street what he thought of them and he shook his head, so i don't think they have much real value.
dont u beleive its not valuable i was in brighton in the late eighties and a guy told me they r the best les paul copys going he offered me £2oo for it then. mine is a black les paul copy all gold plated.hang on to the thing

Well, I just found this thread while surfing arounf looking for facts about my Shaftesbury guitar. Mine is stock no. 3265 serial no. 1373

There are a few owning these guitars after all... Total crap mine is... Ugly as hell, but still my first guitar... :)

/bishop

--------------

: Hi Mark,

: This may not be any help but I have a Rose-Morris Shaftesbury guitar, made in Italy, clef cut into body in the telecaster style shape, its details are;

: stock n. 3265 serial no. 1449

: It is missing its chrome bridge cover but otherwise it is in mint condition... I can send you pictures of mine if you like, I too am trying to research its history!

: Cheers, Martin

Hi guys...have u got anywhere with your research? I also have one of these beauties...Mine is yellow,with a white laminated scratchplate.It's basically a thinline tele copy,with strange bar type pickups.Allegedly mine is from '63,according to the guy who sold it(for peanuts!) in 1984,but I have no way of being sure of this...I would love to trade photo's or info,as I have NEVER seen another example of this model. Cheers!

I have one which I picked up at an attic sale some years ago, in surprisingly good condition. I cleaned it up and it works wonderfully. I am open to selling it - any collectors out there?

: Hi guys...have u got anywhere with your research? I also have one of these beauties...Mine is yellow,with a white laminated scratchplate.It's basically a thinline tele copy,with strange bar type pickups.Allegedly mine is from '63,according to the guy who sold it(for peanuts!) in 1984,but I have no way of being sure of this...I would love to trade photo's or info,as I have NEVER seen another example of this model. Cheers!

so glad to have found you guys on the net, i am an old rocker and started buying guitars on ebay just for the hell of it anyway g&l legacy super patrick eggle fantastic fender 12 string wow, i used to own fenders when i played sold a 64 red strat for £ 90 prat!!!!! anyway then i saw a gibson looking guitar by shaftesbury sponsered by rose morris on ebay and bought it its black with gold fittings ,the guitars are for my lad and he doesn't like its gibson like roar or its fantastic straight neck its great jazz tones its fantastic action ,or the shiney black body with its lovely cream binding and now fading gold fitments,having purchased another expensive toy for him i am looking to recoup some money by selling some of the others,this shaftsbury stands out as the one i might get the best price for but having got a special feeling reading you guys questions i am going to keep this baby because i think its something special and if it continues to get the wifely response "every time you down in this house you get a guitar up your ass" i shall think of all you shaftesbury enthusiasts and smile. i'll come back later and post my serial number.history i was in denmark street and went into rose morris the young lads in there seem to have heard that they imported these guitars but had never seen one and could not tell me anything i would have been intersted to know the japanese maker,i recenly tried some gibsons and epiphones at our local store and i would not have swapped any of them for my shaftesbury perhaps it was made on a good day anyway think again before you sell rock on shaftesbury im a fan
brendan

I have one just the same, with MADE IN ITALY on the back of the headstock and a silver colour Rose-Morris sticker with STOCK No. 3265 SERIAL No. 1630. It's semi-hollow with an f hole. I picked it up at an attic sale last week for £5. It looks well played and shabby but solid and intact. I'm planning to clean it up a little and play it.

John

: Hi guys...have u got anywhere with your research? I also have one of these beauties...Mine is yellow,with a white laminated scratchplate.It's basically a thinline tele copy,with strange bar type pickups.Allegedly mine is from '63,according to the guy who sold it(for peanuts!) in 1984,but I have no way of being sure of this...I would love to trade photo's or info,as I have NEVER seen another example of this model. Cheers!

I've got one too! Rice pudding yellow, tele copy with clef cutout, odd pickups, no serial number or any info except 'shaftesbury' printed on the head - saw me through many gigs in my youth and I've just cleaned it up to pplay through my computer!

Hi, I have two Shaftesbury Telecaster Thinline copies, I would be happy to exchange pics, drop me a line

I have a shaftesbury, in a les paul shape and it is laminated black. i dont have any serial numbers or anything :( does any 1 know where i can research about its history?

I've got a Shaftesbury Rose-Morris Les Paul copy. I know absolutely nothing about it. It was given to me many years ago and I'd like to know anything I can find out about it. It had Gibson style humbuckers on it when I aquired it but one since failed and unfortunately the only replacements i could afford where cheap twin coil humbuckers so it sounds crap right now.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.