watkins guitars

Posted by john on Thu, 05/25/00 - 19:25:38.

i have a 1964 watkins rapier 33 guitar, i am trying to find its true value, can you help.
regards john

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Watkins Rapier

I am searching for a Watkins Rapier with a natural wood body and a pearl scratch plate as a gift for my husband he has find memories of this guitar and I haven't yet seen one of this type ALMOST all are RED!!
Can anyone help? Even some more detail would be a help.. Thank you..

Re: watkins guitars

hi, has anyone got the headstock logo they can send me as I need it to comlete my restoration of a 66 rapier.a picture of it will do so I can copy it,coz I dont suppose you can still buy them?

There's a logo for sale on

There's a logo for sale on e-bay, go to watkins guitars under musical instuments

Does anyone have a diagram to wire a Watkins Rapier 33 (3 pickup)

Does anyone have a diagram to wire a Watkins Rapier 33
(3 pickup)

Re: Does anyone have a diagram to wire a Watkins Rapier 33 (3 pickup)

: Does anyone have a diagram to wire a Watkins Rapier 33
: (3 pickup)

I have a 3 pickup Watkins rapier wiht afew wires displaced and not sure where they go perhaps between us we might exchange diagrames to help us both out

: : Does anyone have a diagram to wire a Watkins Rapier 33
: : (3 pickup)

hi there...i just got a watkins 33 in sunburst and would also like wiring diagram if available......what a sweet neck.

I've got a working Watkins Rapier 33. I rewired it 20 years ago - so I might be able to help. Do you still need help? Your original message is *very* old!

: I've *still* got a working Watkins Rapier 33. I've recently received a request for info. So there's still folks out there. *NOTE* My email has changed so try this one if your interested.
Cheers!
Dave

Someone has rewired my watkins 33 and put in extra contol where input was and moved input to side of

: I've got a working Watkins Rapier 33. I rewired it 20 years ago - so I might be able to help. Do you still need help? Your original message is *very* old!

Rapier 33 Wiring Diagram

Hi you posted you had rewired a 33 I havejust a purchased a lefty and a diagram would be really useful just to get it working! restoring can wait.......

thanks Robbo

Watkins Rapier 33 Wiring Diagram

Hi Robbo
Yes I still have a diagram and photos - I hope it will help. I've also had an email recently from another guy asking for help. Strangely this site didn't email me when you posted - so the best thing to do is email me and I'll send you what I have.

david at tlac dot co dot uk

Cheers!!
Dave

hello i also need a 33 diagram

sorry to pester you i know you have many requests for the rapier 33 diagram. But please could you send me a copy too. Sorry for being a pest. as someone else has being tasked with the body reconstruction and restoration. And ive been tasked with the electrics and to put fankly i dont have a clue. ive wired many many guitars over the years but this ones got me stumped
Many thanks
Chris

: HI anyone out ther have a Watkins "Rapier" they they are useing for Parts?? i'm in need of a Tuning
Head for one..
Thanks Jeff

: i have a "62" Rapier 44 which has had the body repainted, it cost 30 pounds sterling five years ago and although I've seen similar models (though in better condition) for advertised at up o 350 pounds sterling I think you will find that the true value is around 1 - 200 pounds.

basically they are not really sought after except by people trying to re-kindle their youth, or by others who just like oddball guitars.

I also have a Wtkins Rapier, though only with two pick-ups. It is left handed and bought second hand in the mid sixties. It has the body re-varnished, but otherwise is in original condition. Is the value likely to be any different to that already stated?

: i also have a bright red rapier 44 with all origional pickups and fitting, paintwork almost perfect and not repainted, totally origional, how much can i sell it for?

I have just purchased a red left handed Watkins Rapier 22 (2 pick ups)in original condition for £150. I have been told that they can go for up to £250 to the right person.

Regards,

Robin

i also have a left handed rapier 22 and would like to know the value and rarity of

i have a rapier 22 left handed guitar could you let me know the value of it many thanks

: i ALSO have a left handed rapier 22 and would like to know the value and rarity of it. if anyone has any idea please email me, i would be VERY grateful. many thanks

I bought a tatty but OK Watkins 22 for 30 quid recently but I saw a really good one in Kent for 275 pounds.

Al

: : i ALSO have a left handed rapier 22 and would like to know the value and rarity of it. if anyone has any idea please email me, i would be VERY grateful. many thanks

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.