Re: watkins 33

Posted by Rich on Thu, 04/07/05 - 11:03:54.

All the Watkins guitars were cheap when new, however i've found them to be pretty good guitars on the whole, if a little quiet.

The common colours on Rapiers were red and black, there's also a candy-blue one.

I think that basically, the more pickups, the more the value, ie a Rapier 44 is worth more than a Rapier 22. And though i say "worth more", i don't mean millions! A top-notch orignal Rapier 44 is worth £150 tops. A good, serviceable Rapier 22 or 33 has got to be worth upwards of £100 easy...

Incidentally, if anyone has a Rapier for sale, i'm interested as i sold my one a few years back when i was unemployed, and i miss it!

: I have a black watkins 33 with the toaster syle pickups in it and am wondering whether this is very rare or not.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Watkins Rapier 33 lefty FOR SALE

Hi, I'm looking to sell my Watkins Rapier 33 left handed guitar. Theres a photo on the Watkins web site and can e-mail more if interested.
You can e-mail me to steve.walker40@hotmail.co.uk or welcome to call me on 07896731141.
Many thanks

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.