Kent Armstrong pickups?

Posted by Jim on Thu, 08/02/01 - 22:22:28.

I have just bought a second hand Jackson custom shop guitar with what I was told were hand wound Kent Armstrong pickups. On taking the pickups off the guitar, they are called Kent Armstrong Design with the reference numbers HRO-1 and HSD0-1. Can you tell me whether these are actual Kent Armstrong pickups, or budget versions produced under licence by another manufacturer?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

KENT WC-25 DUEL PICKUP FOR ACOUSTIC GUITAR

NEED TO FIND OUT HOW TO REPAIR WIRING ON THIS PICKUP. I HAVE INSTALLED ON A HARMONY ACOUSTIC GUITAR. PICKUPS ARE ATTACHED TO PICK GUARD WITH 3 VOLUME CONTROL KNOBS ON THE PICK GUARD. NEED DIAGRAM SHOWING WIRING SCHEMATIC.

Re: Kent Armstrong pickups?

Probably original, possibly hand wound. I bought a couple of these in 1990 in the UK for about 30 GBP each. Mine are uncovered, and I'm sure the model is long out of date. I cant find any other reference to these pickups anywhere and when I called the number for help with wiring, Kent answered himself! So I'm pretty sure these pickups were not mass produced. Brilliant for heavy rock, pretty useless for clean. They are blueprinted from the original Gibson PAFs, which I have the same complaint about, so it's not Kents' fault.

: I have just bought a second hand Jackson custom shop guitar with what I was told were hand wound Kent Armstrong pickups. On taking the pickups off the guitar, they are called Kent Armstrong Design with the reference numbers HRO-1 and HSD0-1. Can you tell me whether these are actual Kent Armstrong pickups, or budget versions produced under licence by another manufacturer?

Re: Kent Armstrong pickups?

: Probably original, possibly hand wound. I bought a couple of these in 1990 in the UK for about 30 GBP each. Mine are uncovered, and I'm sure the model is long out of date. I cant find any other reference to these pickups anywhere and when I called the number for help with wiring, Kent answered himself! So I'm pretty sure these pickups were not mass produced. Brilliant for heavy rock, pretty useless for clean. They are blueprinted from the original Gibson PAFs, which I have the same complaint about, so it's not Kents' fault.

: : I have just bought a second hand Jackson custom shop guitar with what I was told were hand wound Kent Armstrong pickups. On taking the pickups off the guitar, they are called Kent Armstrong Design with the reference numbers HRO-1 and HSD0-1. Can you tell me whether these are actual Kent Armstrong pickups, or budget versions produced under licence by another manufacturer?

Kent Armstrong pickups suck shit.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.