unknown kent guitar and value sought

Posted by jt on Sat, 10/05/02 - 22:37:41.

got a left handed-i believe handmade kent
it has two square cut-outs, a natural (i think) brown body, chrome
looks like in laid pearl finger frets and bridge
its got two off and on pearl like toggles and 4 places where knobs might have been-inside the case is that appears to be hand made-are everett& duhon handwritten
would someone tell me what type of
kent this is and its value
please
jt

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Old Gibson Guitar

My uncle passed away in 1984 and my aunt has kept his old guitar in a room over her garage (with other junk). She is now 87 years old and in an assisted living facility. I am curious about the guitar - don't think it is very valuable but thought I could get it cleaned up and let my grandchildren play with it. Inside the guitar there is a label that state "KENT - Maxwell Meyers in Texas, Southland Musical, model XT 350 Made in Korea" and on the neck there is a a sticker that says "WD20678. Is there anyway I can find out about this guitar and if it is worth having it cleaned? Thanks so much for your response.

I guess no one wanted to

I guess no one wanted to help me.

Kent Guitars

This is one of those brands that only a few information is available. Checkout the discussion below for some bits of info from actual owners of Kent instruments.

http://www.guitarsite.com/discussion/messages/14230.shtml

Re: unknown kent guitar and value sought

I have a kent acoustic that was given to me for Christmas almost 20 years ago. The model number is kf210, its small and from what I'm told its a rather cheap guitar. The tail piece broke on it and has been replaced, and it has new strings on it. It still plays very well. If anyone has eny idea if it is valuable please send a message.

I have a black les paul copy 1966 mother of pearle neck and mother of pearle inlays green tatooed peace sign under the neck. inquiring the value of this guitar

I collect those kents. do you have a picture? please email me.,
thanks.

: got a left handed-i believe handmade kent
: it has two square cut-outs, a natural (i think) brown body, chrome
: looks like in laid pearl finger frets and bridge
: its got two off and on pearl like toggles and 4 places where knobs might have been-inside the case is that appears to be hand made-are everett& duhon handwritten
: would someone tell me what type of
: kent this is and its value
: please
: jt

I collect Kent semi-hollows, got three of those, 1 used for parts (they're cheap). Looking for a 6 or 12-string if anyone wants to send pictures. Please: don't spam or virus, just responses. jamwc%acer-access.com (replace % with @).

: I collect those kents. do you have a picture? please email me.,
: thanks.

: : got a left handed-i believe handmade kent
: : it has two square cut-outs, a natural (i think) brown body, chrome
: : looks like in laid pearl finger frets and bridge
: : its got two off and on pearl like toggles and 4 places where knobs might have been-inside the case is that appears to be hand made-are everett& duhon handwritten
: : would someone tell me what type of
: : kent this is and its value
: : please
: : jt

Kent guitar, for F.C.N England, any help plz ???

Hey, I own a Kent acoustic guitar, found in my attic, at least 16 years old but dont have a clue anything else about it, if anyone wants any pictures of it, or can offer any clues about the make of the guitar please email me. thanx

Re: Kent guitar, for F.C.N England, any help plz ???

Yes. I would like to see a picture.

: : its got two off and on pearl like toggles and 4 places where knobs might have been-inside the case is that appears to be hand made-are everett& duhon handwritten

hey i have a kent 12 string hollow body elc made in the 60 s and i have oics of it but would like to know more a bout it can you help me thanks james

I have a Kent hollow body guitar.
How can I tell how old it is?
I dont see any serial number on it
It's thin, red, two kent pick ups
whammy bar
plus a device that touches the strings from underneath, its a lever
thanks

I also have an old Kent. It's a strat design like the Hagstrom I, with yellow/red/black sunburst, an aluminum pickguard, two white single coils, clean white original knobs (one lever and two rounds; though I don't know what the symbols stand for), rosewood finger board, and what I call a floating bridge (not screwed down). I've tried to find information about it, but only know it's related to the Hagstrom line that tried marketing in the US through Japanese production in the sixties. If you have information about it, I'd appreciate some guidance. I'll borrow a friend's digital camera and send you an attachment if you like. I have the original case, but the handles broken. But the guitar is clean as a whistle. The original owner didn't like it because it was noisy and left it under his bed for thirty years. I found the bridge ground wire wasn't attached to the bridge.

I also have another unusual guitar. It's a '62 Gibson EB2 bass. People tell me it's an EBO, but the sticker you see through the f-hole says EB2. It's also a sunburst. Why do you collect Kents?

hey i also just got a Kent Guitar, one of my relatives gave it to me as a gift.
It's a beatlish guitar most likely from the sixties. Does anyone know anywhere to find out info on these guitars?
Thanks email me please
coca_cola_gurlz@hotmail.com

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.