Re: Kent Bass Guitar

Posted by Austin Chick on Wed, 01/04/06 - 15:21:59.

: : : : I have a model number ad cant find out any information on my Kent Bass Guitar I was wanting to know how old it was and kind of what it is worth.
: : : : Model # WO21076 is on the neck 4 string Electric Bass.

: : : No help here, but I just got one of these,
: : : Kent basses, short scale,single PU,sunburst, S/N WO 20781. The numeral 7 is larger than the other numbers.I too would like to know its specs, materials. I'm currently rewiring it and hope
: : : to "hear" it soon.

: Sorry about the non-post. Just wondering if anyone came up with info on the Kent bass. I have one with S/N WO 21276. It's a Fender Jazz bass copy that I picked up along with a vintage Fender hardcase.

I too was looking for info my very first bass guitar was a '67 kent red sunburst with pearl inlays on the handle.
An ex took off with it years ago.
I have never seen another bass I liked so much, I miss mine. What I have read is that kent was manufactured in japan and was only produced from 62-68. I would love to find out more about the company too if any one knows. It seems anyone I talk to that has played one is also searching for one.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

: : : : : I have a model number ad cant find out any information on my Kent Bass Guitar I was wanting to know how old it was and kind of what it is worth.
: : : : : Model # WO21076 is on the neck 4 string Electric Bass.

: : : : No help here, but I just got one of these,
: : : : Kent basses, short scale,single PU,sunburst, S/N WO 20781. The numeral 7 is larger than the other numbers.I too would like to know its specs, materials. I'm currently rewiring it and hope
: : : : to "hear" it soon.

: : Sorry about the non-post. Just wondering if anyone came up with info on the Kent bass. I have one with S/N WO 21276. It's a Fender Jazz bass copy that I picked up along with a vintage Fender hardcase.

: I too was looking for info my very first bass guitar was a '67 kent red sunburst with pearl inlays on the handle.
: An ex took off with it years ago.
: I have never seen another bass I liked so much, I miss mine. What I have read is that kent was manufactured in japan and was only produced from 62-68. I would love to find out more about the company too if any one knows. It seems anyone I talk to that has played one is also searching for one.

I have an old Kent bass that I bought used in '68. Had nylon wound strings, still does, sounds great thru my Kustom 250.

information on my Kent Bass Guitar I was wanting to know how old it was and kind of what it is worth.

: : : : Kent basses, short scale,single PU,sunburst, S/N WO 20781. The numeral 7 is larger than the other numbers.I too would like to know its specs, materials. I'm currently rewiring it and hope

: : Sorry about the non-post. Just wondering if anyone came up with info on the Kent bass. I have one with S/N WO 21276. It's a Fender Jazz bass copy that I picked up along with a vintage Fender hardcase.

: I too was looking for info my very first bass guitar was a '67 kent red sunburst with pearl inlays on the handle.
: I have never seen another bass I liked so much, I miss mine. What I have read is that kent was manufactured in japan and was only produced from 62-68. I would love to find out more about the company too if any one knows. It seems anyone I talk to that has played one is also searching for one.

I have a mid 60's Kent Bass in perfect condition and case.
I'm thinking of selling it but don't know how much to ask.
Any suggestions? Thanks,
John

: : : : : I have a model number ad cant find out any information on my Kent Bass Guitar I was wanting to know how old it was and kind of what it is worth.

I have a Kent Bass I bought used for $75 in 1968. Put Fender nylon wrapped strings on it (had Kustom nylon when I bought it. Can not find a number on it.

i too have a kent bass... i would like to know more about it. im rewiring it right now i got it from a friend. he said it didn't work and if i wanted to fix it i could have it if i did end up fixing it. i would like to know more about it... if you have any info email me at... Crazytyler502@hotmail.com

i also am looking for info on a kent bass that i own
on the back it has a sticker with no 629 and ser number 6602168 and looks like model ci,air
anyone have any ideal what its worth?

Re: Kent Bass Guitar posting

In response to the earlier posts, regarding
Kent Bass...I had to go look and found the
same W.O. 20781 part number...with an ovesized 7..made in Korea.. I picked this exact bass up in 2006 at a fund raiser ( Syracuse Schools' ex. Dist. Super. had kept it nice, but it had wiring failures after 35 years )
Want to say, I've read expert's say it was a short lived mid 60's line.Kent's were similar to the American Kay's.. This is a lot of fun, I assume a maple neck.. installed active EMG P Bass pickups, new Fender hardware w tortoise shell pickguard, and it sings well too, for an amateur instrument.

Please disguard the first posting I submitted. I forgot to remove anothers posting that was included with mine. Sorry. Thank You!!

I have 60's Kent Sunburst Jass style bass I'd like to part with. It appears to be all original but the bridge cover is missing. A screw seems to be striped that hold in one of the pickups. As you try to make a pickup adjustment it pushes in, but comes back up with a few turns of the screw. I consider it to be minor. The bass show normal ware. I haven't been able to find a value on it. It's in decent condition considering it was use for many gigs before I got it. Knowing there are folks looking to have one, I don't know how to make the contacts.

i have a kent electric guitar. the story is it was bought from a botique shop in california. I know kent was from 62-68 but the odd thing about this guitar is that it was purchased in 1956. No serial number anywhere on it. Looks custom and hand-made... any ideas?

I have a model 529 Mont Clair - sunburst 4-string bass. It still has the decal on the back of the tuning head. It wasn't stored properly, so the neck has just a hint of bow to it. Anyone have any suggestions how I can straighten it?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.