alcivar acoustic guitar

Posted by lonesome dave on Thu, 11/21/02 - 20:32:08.

who makes alcivar guitars

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: alcivar

I have an Alcivar Explorer copy from the early 80's that I'm considering selling. Any idea what it is worth?

I am selling my Alcivar Les Paul Custom... Just go to ebay and look up item - 220511975857

I'm looking for an Alcivar guitar. I'm in CA anyone intersted in selling?!
Kimalcivar@sbcglobal.net if your interested.

Just go to ebay and look up item - 220511975857

I am selling my Alcivar Les Paul Custom... Just go to ebay and look up item - 220511975857

Somebody must know something!

I've had my Alcivar Acoustic for about 7 years, left in my dorm room. All these years have passed and still no info on the maker.

Re: Somebody must know something!

I have an Alcivar. Bought it about 30 years ago. Model #K100W. Made in Japan on the label. The sound of this guitar is just as good as some of the top names

: I was given this guitar " alcivar k100w" from a friend to restore, he saw the guitar being tossed into the garbage heap near his apartment building. third string machine head was missing.
I am restoring the guitar for him. I agree it has a great sound quality and very playable.
How much did you pay for yours?
:

Have Alcivar Dobro guitar only thing I know is it is made in Japan (has label on it) impossible to find any other info

I recently stumbled upon a

I recently stumbled upon a gorgeous Alcivar Les Paul a few months ago... also in Canada, also from a junk shop. I feel super-blessed to have found this guitar; mahogany body with a beautiful maple top, rosewood fretboard. . I put in a Paul Reed Smith humbucker in the bridge, switched out the machine heads with a set of vintage Klusons. There is absolutely nothing inferior about this guitar, it plays, sounds and feels like a guitar worth many many times more than I paid for it ($100). It's dreamy through the AC30, and is a force to be reckoned with when rockin' through the YBA-1A.
Too bad there's so little info on them. My tech here in Toronto has seen a few come through over the years, and while he notes that sometimes there are issues with the trueness of the neck, he was quite impressed with this particular guitar. His words..."wow, you found a real keeper".

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.