magnum les paul copy

Posted by john on Thu, 04/29/04 - 17:06:40.
In Reply to Magnum Guitars

I have a magnum les paul copy I got it about 2 years ago at a pawn shop. It's a really good guitar but I can't seem to find any info on these or any other magnum guitars. HELP

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

made in japan some were made

made in japan some were made with demarzio miti mite pickups a and a brass nut had really phenomonal sound mine will be sadly missed it is a black beauty bounded body les paul look alike had it since 1985 it was new i believe in 74ish i had removed cleaned and dated the pickups as they were the originals so although IT WAS A KNOCK OFF IT WAS A RATHER WELL FASHIONED ONE FOR LOOKS AND PERFORMANCE..
I LEFT IT SIT TOO LONG AND LET THE WRONG MUSIC SHOP TRY YTO INTONATE IT AND IT CAME BACK A MESS LESS THE BRASS NUT AS WELL... NEVER SOUNDED THE SAME

I too have a Magnum Les Paul

I too have a Magnum Les Paul vintage 1970's guitar, and can't find any info as it doesn't have a model or serial number. Just a gold stamp saying WO. 20380. Has anyone found anything out

Re: magnum les paul copy

: my friend keegan has a 1989 cherrywood les paul copy too he thinks its worth about $1000

: I have a magnum les paul copy I got it about 2 years ago at a pawn shop. It's a really good guitar but I can't seem to find any info on these or any other magnum guitars. HELP
i just bought one and the muso at the shop told me that magnum have just recently gone bankrupt.

: I have a magnum les paul copy I got it about 2 years ago at a pawn shop. It's a really good guitar but I can't seem to find any info on these or any other magnum guitars. HELP

I have a mugnum les paul also and i found out recently there are known as lawsuit guitars they made in the late 70s early 80 and gibson sued them becasue they look just like a les paul and thats against the law so they had to quit making them

magnum

i have a 20 some year old magnum les paul copy as well and i love that thing, even though its made out of ply wood, and the original pick-ups are single coil( but the case makes them look like humbuckers). so what i did was throw some new humbuckers in there ( seymore duncan for the neck pick-up and a dimarzio super distortion for the bridge) replaced the toggle, and re-placed some of the old wires, as well as refretted it and now its a **** ing trooper. if you want to see the best guitars ever made though check out www.luczak.com

magnum

: i have a 20 some year old magnum les paul copy as well and i love that thing, even though its made out of ply wood, and the original pick-ups are single coil( but the case makes them look like humbuckers). so what i did was throw some new humbuckers in there ( seymore duncan for the neck pick-up and a dimarzio super distortion for the bridge) replaced the toggle, and re-placed some of the old wires, as well as refretted it and now its a **** ing trooper. if you want to see the best guitars ever made though check out www.luczakguitars.com

Hey man, I got an old gibson copy too, mine's as old as me, (23)if not older, and Magnum guitars seem to be a mystery.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.