Dan Armstrong Amplifier, mod "Dan 1" schematic

Posted by Humberto Martins on Mon, 05/05/03 - 00:39:09.

Hi

I'm looking for a Dan Armstrong Amplifier, mod "Dan 1" schematic. made in England by Electronic Manufacturing Co. (Uk) Ltd., and distributed by Boosey and Hawkes (Sales) Ltd.
It's a tube amplifier, 30 watt. The amplifier uses sliders instead of potentiometers. The sliders are set up like a graphic equalizer, one octave from 62 to 8K. There are two channels, with one input per channel and one volume slider per channel. Internally, the amplifiers utilize two EL34 output tubes. The circuitry utilizes a transistor preamp, but to warm things up, the amp also uses an ECC83 driver tube.
Could you tell me were I can find it?

Thanks

Humberto Martins

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Dan Armstrong Amplifier, mod

:Try mark@abe.midco.net
Mark Schnoor <mark@abe.midco.net>
: I'm looking for a Dan Armstrong Amplifier, mod "Dan 1" schematic. made in England by Electronic Manufacturing Co. (Uk) Ltd., and distributed by Boosey and Hawkes (Sales) Ltd.
: It's a tube amplifier, 30 watt. The amplifier uses sliders instead of potentiometers. The sliders are set up like a graphic equalizer, one octave from 62 to 8K. There are two channels, with one input per channel and one volume slider per channel. Internally, the amplifiers utilize two EL34 output tubes. The circuitry utilizes a transistor preamp, but to warm things up, the amp also uses an ECC83 driver tube.
: Could you tell me were I can find it?

: Thanks

: Humberto Martins

:Try <Mark Schnoor <mark@abe.midco.net>
Mark Schnoor <mark@abe.midco.net>
: I'm looking for a Dan Armstrong Amplifier, mod "Dan 1" schematic. made in England by Electronic Manufacturing Co. (Uk) Ltd., and distributed by Boosey and Hawkes (Sales) Ltd.
: It's a tube amplifier, 30 watt. The amplifier uses sliders instead of potentiometers. The sliders are set up like a graphic equalizer, one octave from 62 to 8K. There are two channels, with one input per channel and one volume slider per channel. Internally, the amplifiers utilize two EL34 output tubes. The circuitry utilizes a transistor preamp, but to warm things up, the amp also uses an ECC83 driver tube.

:Try <Mark Schnoor <mark@abe.midco.net>

I’ve found a source for Dan Armstrong amp schematics.

For a nominal fee, MAJ Electronics will send you a CD containing diagrams for 30W, 60W, 100W & pre-amp. I'm told that these are large files so not suitable for e-mailing.

For more info on Dan Armstrong amps and other vintage stuff, Google 'Plexi Palace' and check out their BB.

MAJ website: http://www.majelectronic.co.uk/
e-mail: maj.electronic@btopenworld.com
Tel: +44 (0) 1384 278646
Fax: +44 (0) 1384 298877

:Hi, I have a 30 watt combo, as you described, in good working order (albeit with a little hiss). It has not been used much for many years. Are you still looking to buy one? If so, get in touch. I am in Birmingham, UK. Regards, John

Re: Dan Armstrong Amplifier, mod "Dan 1" schematic

Im lucky enough to just have purchased an D.A 60w head. I'm stunned with the great sounding amp!!
My friend also has a 30w combo wich also sounds really good!
I'm looking for some spare parts for my amp, i've located another in my hometown wich is broken but got some good parts i can use!!

: Hi

: Hi Humberto
I don't know where you can BUY one of these amplifiers, but I have one sitting in my lounge. I've had it for 18 years and have had almost no luck in finding ANY information about it. If you could tell me more about it I would appreciate the information. I can well understand why you are after one - it is a great amplifier!!

: Hi

Hi, My name is Steve and I have one of those amps sitting in
my studio. I really like it. Great warm sound. I too am looking for some information on the amp and wonder if you could tell me anything about it. I dont really know where you could buy one.

: : I'm looking for a Dan Armstrong Amplifier, mod "Dan 1" schematic. made in England by Electronic Manufacturing Co. (Uk) Ltd., and distributed by Boosey and Hawkes (Sales) Ltd.
: : It's a tube amplifier, 30 watt. The amplifier uses sliders instead of potentiometers. The sliders are set up like a graphic equalizer, one octave from 62 to 8K. There are two channels, with one input per channel and one volume slider per channel. Internally, the amplifiers utilize two EL34 output tubes. The circuitry utilizes a transistor preamp, but to warm things up, the amp also uses an ECC83 driver tube.
: : Could you tell me were I can find it?

: : Thanks

: : Humberto Martins

: Hi I have a Dan Armstrong 100 watt made by Electronic Manufacturing uk sitting in my garage any offers

: : Hi I have a Dan Armstrong 100 watt made by Electronic Manufacturing uk sitting in my garage any offers

Do you still have it?

Hi, I've just bought a 60W Dan Armstrong amp (Dan3) which isn't working. Did anyone ever come up with a schematic for the DA amp? If so, I would love a copy! As a matter of interest, I also have the matching Dan Armstrong 4x12 (Dan0)!
Cheers,
Andy

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.