Electra Lucite Copy

Posted by wyldbil on Sat, 06/15/02 - 17:32:55.

Hi all-
I just inherited an Electra copy of the Dan Armstrong lucite guitar in fair shape, but needs some TLC. Can anyone tell me how close the Electra is to the original, and will parts interchange- ie: Can I buy DA parts for this thing if needed?

Thanks!-
Bil

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Electra Lucite Copy

: Hi all-
: I just inherited an Electra copy of the Dan Armstrong lucite guitar in fair shape, but needs some TLC. Can anyone tell me how close the Electra is to the original, and will parts interchange- ie: Can I buy DA parts for this thing if needed?

: Thanks!-
: Bil

I have an Electra copy of a Dan Armstrong (lucite) also... I let a friend of mine take it and set it up. He had previously owned two Dan Armstrongs (lucite) and he told me that the Electra played just as good (and was mechanically the same). I hear about tuning problems w/ them, but mine w/ Grover tuning pegs on it stays in better than my Les Paul or my SG.

Re: Electra Lucite Copy

: : Hi all-
: : I just inherited an Electra copy of the Dan Armstrong lucite guitar in fair shape, but needs some TLC. Can anyone tell me how close the Electra is to the original, and will parts interchange- ie: Can I buy DA parts for this thing if needed?

: : Thanks!-
: : Bil

: I have an Electra copy of a Dan Armstrong (lucite) also... I let a friend of mine take it and set it up. He had previously owned two Dan Armstrongs (lucite) and he told me that the Electra played just as good (and was mechanically the same). I hear about tuning problems w/ them, but mine w/ Grover tuning pegs on it stays in better than my Les Paul or my SG.

Hi guys....I have two real Dans, and an Electra copy of a Dan....and the copy is AMAZING. All the parts are interchangeable.

Pat Fenis

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.