Re: dan armstrong pickup questions

Posted by Olen on Thu, 07/26/07 - 17:41:21.

: : can somone tell me how many pickups were made for the dan armstrong and what the letters in the back mean?

Answer:If no-one has responded yet, I think I can help. Either seven or eight p/u's for the Dan Armstrong six strings,( the originals, have no idea about any re-issues or the myriad copies) depending on who you talk to.Single coils are: Rock Treble(RT),Rock Bass(RB),Country Treble(CT),Country Bass(CB),Jazz Treble(JT),Jazz Bass(JB).There was a humbucking p/u(double-bar) introduced at a little later time in the instrument's production run. Furthermore, some people claim that there was an improved version of the humbucker developed by Dan and his son at a later date, exactly when and if this happened(and what letter markings it may contain) I do not know.I have an early D/A and have managed to acquire the CB, RT, and Humbucking p/u's. For my money the brightest and hottest of them is the Rock Treble, tho' the Humbucker is certainly louder,heavier and has greater sustain.Hope this helps.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.