Re: armstrong acoustic archtop

Posted by dan armstrong on Mon, 07/30/01 - 16:11:25.

: HELP!
: I own a Armstrong archtop six string acoustic guitar that i got about
: 35 years ago from a relative as a gift. I have been all around the net trying to find out if this instument is worth fixing (neck is loose.) Also who made it and how old could it really be?
: The reason I am contacting your site is obviously the name and the fact that i found connections with sears and dan electro ( i was told that this was a sears guitar but i found out that they made Silvertones.
: thank you john coombs

I think I know about this guitar.

In 1967, a German company made four guitars with crumby vibrato tailpieces, and sent them to me as samples, asking me if I wanted to order some more. Ha. Some nerve!

E-mail me

Dan

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: armstrong acoustic archtop

: : HELP!
: : I own a Armstrong archtop six string acoustic guitar that i got about
: : 35 years ago from a relative as a gift. I have been all around the net trying to find out if this instument is worth fixing (neck is loose.) Also who made it and how old could it really be?
: : The reason I am contacting your site is obviously the name and the fact that i found connections with sears and dan electro ( i was told that this was a sears guitar but i found out that they made Silvertones.
: : thank you john coombs

: I think I know about this guitar.

: In 1967, a German company made four guitars with crumby vibrato tailpieces, and sent them to me as samples, asking me if I wanted to order some more. Ha. Some nerve!

: E-mail me

: Dan

i also have a armstrong acoustic that is estimated around 100years old i would like to find out more. the body thin and has a very thick neck it could be cherry

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.