Genuine Mosrites are still being made!!!

Posted by Ellie Sarro on Fri, 12/05/03 - 03:28:37.

Loretta Moseley,Semmie's widow, and original staff are still manufacturing limited quantities of the genuine Mosrite. She can be contacted at P.O. Box 85, Jonas Ridge, N.C. 28641; ph: 828-733-4520.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Genuine Mosrites are still being made!!!

: Loretta Moseley,Semmie's widow, and original staff are still manufacturing limited quantities of the genuine Mosrite. She can be contacted at P.O. Box 85, Jonas Ridge, N.C. 28641; ph: 828-733-4520.

I own a 1966 Mosrite of California Gospel guitar in the sunburst finish, white pickguard with B1695 stamped in fretboard nearest guitar body. In the original case, I have owned it since early 1970 and its truly in pristine condition. I have never since buying the guitar, seen another like it except in a pic of Kurt Cobain....Do you know of anyone interested in owning what I assume to be a piece of Semie Moseley history? Any answer is appreciated. Steven Benton

Video on Semie Moseley on YouTube

Can anybody here can joint Loretta Moseley?. I put a YouTube video from Jonas Ridge 1988 factory who's Semie show in part how he built his guitar and at the end just before the Semie 1991 Tokyo performance, I think Loretta featuring there?. I still have my 1966 Joe Maphis Mosrite prototype and she still playing good. Just watch my Ventures tribute video's. Search for Brassardois on YouTube.

For " A day With Semie Moseley video ", go to this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSBEudhK8Ds

I would like Loretta to contact me into my E-Mail: mp50@videotron.ca

My best regards,

Michel PŽrillard, Brossard, Canada.

Video on Semie Moseley on YouTube

Can anybody here can joint Loretta Moseley?. I put a YouTube video from Jonas Ridge 1988 factory who's Semie show in part how he built his guitar and at the end just before the Semie 1991 Tokyo performance, I think Loretta featuring there?. I still have my 1966 Joe Maphis Mosrite prototype and she still playing good. Just watch my Ventures tribute video's. Search for Brassardois on YouTube.

For " A day With Semie Mseley video ", go to this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSBEudhK8Ds

I would like Loretta to contact me into my E-Mail: mp50@videotron.ca

My best regards,

Michel PŽrillard, Brossard, Canada.

Will the real "Real Moserite" please stand up? To my understanding and confusion, Semmies daughter Dana is also making Moserites (Fillmore Moserites?) at/for Ed Roman Guitars of Las Vegas. Which one is is "real"? Are they both? Who cares? Which ones are best is what I'd like to know. Any opinions? Also; who says only Americans can make good guitars?

Semie's wife Loretta is also making mosrites. Semie built soul into his creations - not so sure with Mr. Roman who only sees $$$. I'd be concerned with quality and would have to compare each to my original side by side in order to comment who's is better. Bottom line - who cares so long as both are afforded equal opportunity to manufacture guitars. A Mosrite by any other name is still a Mosrite (?)
isn't it? Look for the low action fast neck with speed frets, zero first fret, and distinctive Mosrite sound.
Semies finishes looked miles deep. ain't none better folks.

No they're not you dumbshit, Semey Moseley died a couple years ago and they stopped making them, the only ones that are still being made are the Mosrite Ventures models....dumbass

Actualy Zack, you're the dumbs#*t.
Maybe you should look into things more before you fly off the handle.
Ellie is absolutely correct in her statement. Loretta Moseley has been working on and off for years to make "genuine" USA made Mosrites and has produced VERY small numbers since Semie's death (more than a couple of years ago).
As for your claim of the Ventures model being the only Mosrite still produced , I assume you mean the Japanese replicas of which there are many more models produced than just the Ventures model.
Maybe in future spend the effort used to abuse someone in reserch and you may become a better and more knowledgable person......dumbass
See ya , Tim.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.