Re: Espana guitars

Advertisement
Posted by Paul on Fri, 10/18/02 - 09:10:08.

ok lets try this again.
I have an Espana classical guitar which I purchased from a music store in Hartford CT in the fall of 1965. Labels indicate that it was made in Sweden and imported by Espana Guitars, 20 E. 15th Street, NY 3, NY. It has serial # 48764 stamped on the end of the head. As I recall, I paid around $150 for it. It is in fairly good condition with an excellent tone.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Espana 00-style (Val Dez)

I just picked up a Finland guitar for $100.

Seems to be made of good tonewoods. Sounds great, even with old strings.

Looks like one from the '60's.

Serial # 195725 V-64 model.

Love it. It is small but very pleasant sound.

Mike Kirley Feb 2014

Espana guitar

Like many other postings I received an Espana guitar in the early 60's in NYC. Gold label Made in Sweden, serial # 42 607 on the head. Tonal quality is very good and a joy to play. Any additional info is appreciated.

Espana steel string Guitar made in finland

I have a 1964 or 65 espana steel string serial number 42428 back and sides are rosewood
Made in Finland and distributed from NY
I haven't seen any that look just like mine.
Have any ideas about this.

espana classical guitar 1960 serial # 25286

1960 Espana Classical guitar, ebony fret board, real ivory tuning pegs, serial #25286 stamped into the headstock at the top. Does anyone have any information on it? Thank you, John

Espana Guitar

I just got a Espana Guitar for 150.00, low action, nice sound with just minor superficial scratches on top, the serial #35802 and it has the round Espana label made in Sweden but does not the name on the head. Does anyboby knows the year it was made!?

: ok lets try this again.
: I have an Espana classical guitar which I purchased from a music store in Hartford CT in the fall of 1965. Labels indicate that it was made in Sweden and imported by Espana Guitars, 20 E. 15th Street, NY 3, NY. It has serial # 48764 stamped on the end of the head. As I recall, I paid around $150 for it. It is in fairly good condition with an excellent tone.

I have one also. I beleive from the 60's with a serial # 51315. I've been trying to find out more about the guiiar with no luck

espana classic guitar

i have a espana classic guitar as well paid 200.00 for it a year ago its #30872 and it is in mint shape and it was made in sweden. i would like to find out information as well. what are they worth today etc.

: : ok lets try this again.
: : I have an Espana classical guitar which I purchased from a music store in Hartford CT in the fall of 1965. Labels indicate that it was made in Sweden and imported by Espana Guitars, 20 E. 15th Street, NY 3, NY. It has serial # 48764 stamped on the end of the head. As I recall, I paid around $150 for it. It is in fairly good condition with an excellent tone.

:
: I have one also. I beleive from the 60's with a serial # 51315. I've been trying to find out more about the guiiar with no luck

I have one my father left me #50823. It's a 60's guitar I belive. Still in good condition.

Me, too! My grandmother gave me mine when I was 14 yrs old (1966). It has serial #71736. Don't know what she paid for it, but it has the same gold seal inside saying Made in Sweden, imported by Espana Guitars, 20 E. 15th Street, NY 3, NY. Mine is the same light wood on both sides. It's in excellent condition. I also can't find much more about it.

Year

According to a Swedish factory chart from 1977 serial #67950 - 73220 were made in 1965.

Me too again, Sandee. Mine is fairly beat up, but sounds good. #71788, very close. Mine was bught in NYC in about '64 or '65 by my father. It's what I learned on...

Me too again, Sandee. Mine is fairly beat up, but sounds good. #71788, very close to your serial number. Mine was bought in NYC in about '64 or '65 by my father. It's what I learned on...

Espana Guitars

I've had one for about 10 years, #62621 that my grandmother picked up at a yardsale for $10. it's slightly cracked but sounds great. I've always wondered what they were really worth, or how old it is.

: ok lets try this again.
: I have an Espana classical guitar which I purchased from a music store in Hartford CT in the fall of 1965. Labels indicate that it was made in Sweden and imported by Espana Guitars, 20 E. 15th Street, NY 3, NY. It has serial # 48764 stamped on the end of the head. As I recall, I paid around $150 for it. It is in fairly good condition with an excellent tone.

FOLLOWUP: I HAVE AN ESPANA AS WELL, MADE IN SWEDEN, BOUGHT IN THE EARLY 70S IN MICHIGAN FOR AROUND $125. PLAYED WELL UNTIL I LET THE NECK WARP VERY SLIGHTLY. I THINK THEY'RE MADE NOW BY CORDOBA.

just picked up an old espana guitar like the ones mentioned here. made in sweden, distributed through nyc, number 49608. seems to be of good quality and tone, with good wood and very decent action. paid $75 at a used guitar shop. couldve bought an epiphone c 50 nylon classical in excellent condition for $100, but the espana, being made in sweden and 40+ years old, had more charm.

I have an Espana Guitar bought in New York in the '60s play it often and love the sound. Don't remember how much it cost butit serves me well. Serial # 58701 Getting a new set of strings tomorrow... it is all original ... except strings of course.

I just dug mine out of my closet, 12 moves and 40 years later, in order to show my son what I played in college,about '68. Traded a class mate for it. It is serial # 52007. It only has the unwound, high 3 strings on it, but AMAZINGLY they are STILL IN TUNE, untouched,straight out of the case!!
Does anyone know if they made many models?

I got mine from my dad today and I learned on it back in 1966-67. Today 9-22-2009. It looks as good and sounds as good as ever in beatuful shape like new. My dad paid $150 and in is #67921.
JP

Espana Classical - For Sale

: I have a 35 year old Espana "Made In Finland" classical. Great tone. Rosewood back & sides, a cedar or spruce top, neck is perfect. I'm more into steel string dreadnought style guitars. I found this one at a moving sale and couldn't resist it. Anyone interested please e-mail me @ wsteinert@ndgroup.com

Greetings. I just finished a mild restoration of an Espana classical guitar which my wife purchased from a music store in Huntington, NY, in the spring of 1962. Labels indicate that it was made in Sweden and imported by Espana Guitars, 20 E. 15th Street, NY 3, NY. It has serial # 49333 stamped on the end of the head. As she recalls, her parents paid around $150 for it. It is in fairly good condition with an excellent tone. (Thanks, Paul. Saved me typing.)

Interestingly, we reside in Hartford, CT now.

Nice guitar.

Nat

i have an Espana guitar which my dad gave me about five years ago. he said he bought it in the early 70's but he wasn't quite sure. It is made in Finland and was imported by Espana Guitars, 5 Union Square, New York 3, N.Y. the serial # is 138740. this guitar is brownish red. it sounds sweet, warm but sometimes a little muddy. it looks great and sounds great..i dont know if that helps.

I have an all red with white pickguard steel string Espana made in Finland. It is a neat looking guitar, however, the bridge has started to pull from the body. I bought it used from my brother in 1976. I think he bought it in the late 60s for about $125.00. The action was a little high so I used it primarily for slide.

: I have an old Espana steel string guitar made in Findland, but I don't know how old it is.
I think the model number is 2100, but there is another number #217075. If any one can help me with this problem It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

: : I have an old Espana steel string guitar made in Findland, but I don't know how old it is.
: I think the model number is 2100, but there is another number #217075. If any one can help me with this problem It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
hey,is this phil brown in LA ? I bought a cool yellow strat from you
Hyland

: : I have an old Espana steel string guitar made in Findland, but I don't know how old it is.
: I think the model number is 2100, but there is another number #217075. If any one can help me with this problem It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re:Espana Guitar
Jim I was very lucky to find an Espana guitar made in Finland with very little repairs to be made. Mine has no label at all in it but I did find out that they were widely sold through out Canada from a major Dep't store Eatons(now out of buisness). They were sold back arround 1965 for $300.00 and were later sold to a distributor in New York. They were selling there for $310.00. That is all the information I could find to date. But the music store that is doing the repairs on mine said it was a very good guitar and that i will realy enjoy it. I know i bought an Oscar Schmidt by Washburn and I paid $300.00 for it. Let me know if you receive this letter and if you have any more info on your Espana.
Looking to hear from you....Bernie

I just traded for an Espana Guitar --
the label has the number "2100" and it also states that it was produced in Finland in 1972

Dan

I have an Espana 12 strings electric guitar. On the back of it, it reads made in england, with the code 12644. Anyone have more info? Seems to be a nice guitar.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.