Val-Dez acoustic guitar imported by Espana

Posted by Craig on Tue, 11/26/02 - 15:17:18.

Does anyone have any info on a Val-Dez acoustic guitar? It says on the label made in Finland and imported by Espana. The serial number is #171817 and it was made in June 1971. is also has V-64 printed at the top of the label. Does anyone have any idea what it is worth? Thanks!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Val-Dez acoustic guitar imported by Espana

I have a Val Dez 6 string acoustic--April 1971 made in Finland; imported by Espana Guitars New York; V-64, #164925. It was my grandfathers--my grandmother gave it to me in 1999. Although I have a few other guitars; this one still plays beautifully and looks great.
Is there anyone out there who knows the approximate value of said guitar?

I have a Val Dez nylon string guitar, model V 63, made in 1972. I bought it last fall at a thrift store for $7.00. The headstock was coming apart and the bridge was starting to lift. After some regluing, I put on new tuning machines and strung it up. I was amazed at how nicely it plays and sounds. This is the second one of these I've had. The first one was bought at a yard sale several years ago for a dollar or two. It was in poor condition, with several major cracks and a big hole in the side. I ended up deeming it beyond repair and cutting the body off of it with the idea of reusing the neck. I still have the neck, though I haven't done anything with it yet. This one was very similar to the one I have now, if not identical. The finish on both of them was heavily cracked and alligatored---wonder if that has anything to do with the great sound. The whole body (top, back and sides) of the one I cut up was made of plywood, which makes the nice tone even more surprising.
I would have to say the Val Dez is
worth keeping an eye out for, as it seems they can be picked up for next to nothing, since no one knows what they are, and they sound far better than one would expect.

: Does anyone have any info on a Val-Dez acoustic guitar? It says on the label made in Finland and imported by Espana. The serial number is #171817 and it was made in June 1971. is also has V-64 printed at the top of the label. Does anyone have any idea what it is worth? Thanks!

I have had my Val Dez since 1970 or 71. I absolutely loved that guitar but unfortunately it suffered a freak accident and now is irrepairable. I would love to get another one but haven't been able to find one. Do they still make them? If anyone knows where I can get one I would love to hear from you. Thanks!!

val dez acoustic guitar serial number 190087 Mint condition

I have a Val Dez acoustic guitar imported by Espana to Union Square , New York
It has hardly been used. one small scratch....comes with case....also in perfect condition.
I am looking into selling it...so if interested email w/ offer. Thanks. 2015....April. Located
in Port Townsend, WA

Valdez guitar

I have a Valdez guitar and cant find much info on it. I know its old 60's? it says made in finland stamped V-67 serial number 108587 and that it was imported by Espana Guitars 5 union square new york 3 NY.

Any info on it would be great, it's got some sentimental value, but i just dont know what it's value/ history is

Espana acoustic hollow body

I recently came across an Espana Acoustic hollow body 6 string.... I found in the attic of an old Victorian house I am painting in Gainesville, Florida
The sticker inside reads that is was imported by Espana Guitars. WRITTEN AS FOLLOWS...

Imported By
ESPANA GUITARS
5 Union Square
New York 3, N.Y

It looks to be pretty old, especially because the Zip Code only being the number 3
The serial number is (2104)
The case it was in is brown and has an alligator skin pattern.
Does anyone have any information on this make? There is no "Name"
The spot where the strings are attached, on the body is pretty ornate and the pegs are in an arch. There is a really cool inlay at the bottom of the piece, (where the strap would attach), the keys are smoky clear, the back has a, what I can only describe as a racing strip, (also inlay), around the hole is a rather fancy set of 12 in-layed extremely ornate rings of red, green and mahogany... At the "head" of the neck, (where the keys are), is the name Espana, with the accent above the N. and below the name is a crown. The pick guard is very snappy as well, not just an arch like regular guitars. I have tried to find out more info about this particular style. I would appreciate any input or leads as to what it's worth is, both monetarily and intrinsic.
Thank you for your interest and input... Celino Dimitroff

Val Dez acoustic guitar , made in Finland

inside label has V-71 at top and sn# 3-010259 . has alot of finish checkingand looks great.
any info would be appreciated , year , mdl , value ,. it looks to be good quality.

: : Does anyone have any info on a Val-Dez acoustic guitar? It says on the label made in Finland and imported by Espana. The serial number is #171817 and it was made in June 1971. is also has V-64 printed at the top of the label. Does anyone have any idea what it is worth? Thanks!

: I have had my Val Dez since 1970 or 71. I absolutely loved that guitar but unfortunately it suffered a freak accident and now is irrepairable. I would love to get another one but haven't been able to find one. Do they still make them? If anyone knows where I can get one I would love to hear from you. Thanks!!
I HAVE A VALDEZ GUITAR MODEL V-65 GOOD SHAPE DOES ANY ONE OUT THERE KNOW THE VALUE THANKS

Val Dez V-65

Still looking?

: : Does anyone have any info on a Val-Dez acoustic guitar? It says on the label made in Finland and imported by Espana. The serial number is #171817 and it was made in June 1971. is also has V-64 printed at the top of the label. Does anyone have any idea what it is worth? Thanks!

: I have had my Val Dez since 1970 or 71. I absolutely loved that guitar but unfortunately it suffered a freak accident and now is irrepairable. I would love to get another one but haven't been able to find one. Do they still make them? If anyone knows where I can get one I would love to hear from you. Thanks!!

V-67 Val Dez Acoustic guitar

I would sell this guitar. It is MINT condition. I am located in Port Townsend, WA, if interested.
The case is perfect also.. One tiny scratch on the back of this guitar that is not deep...just
in the shellac. ...hardly used. contact:
janalise2002@yahoo.com April 2015 post.

Val Dez

Is this still available? I am in Seattle.

I have an early 60's Val Dez. Has nice checking and sounds incredible. The serial is 014206. I believe the year would be designated as the last number first and the first number last, maybe a 1960. My mother got this for a high school graduation present in 1964. Its pretty close to mint. I would expect a near mint model from 1960-1966 to fetch a pretty penny 1500-4500. the late 60's up to the early 70's would be 1000-1500, but on ebay 650-950 on a good day in this bad economy.

I have an early 60's Val Dez. Has nice checking and sounds incredible. The serial is 014206. I believe the year would be designated as the last number first and the first number last, maybe a 1960. My mother got this for a high school graduation present in 1964. Its pretty close to mint. I would expect a near mint model from 1960-1966 to fetch a pretty penny 1500-4500. the late 60's up to the early 70's would be 1000-1500, but on ebay 650-950 on a good day in this bad economy.

: I have an early 60's Val Dez. V-65 171861 rough shape in edmonton 7808873142 if interested

I have a Val Dez S/N #203090 V62 It looks like a B body. How would I find out the year it was Made?

Yep got one.... wanna buy it? I replaced the machine head and had the action tweaked nicely. Offer?

: Does anyone have any info on a Val-Dez acoustic guitar? It says on the label made in Finland and imported by Espana. The serial number is #171817 and it was made in June 1971. is also has V-64 printed at the top of the label. Does anyone have any idea what it is worth? Thanks!

I have a Val Dez, and I'm the second owner. Don't even know how to play it. It's a shame ... but maybe I'll start now!

I hope this gets to you ASAP. In my search for info I see there is a guitar looking much like my Val Dez on auction right now on ebay and will be still there for 2 days 10 hours. No bidders as yet. good luck

my buddy just picked the exact same guitar up.
I'm pretty sure he will sell it if offered a fair price-we live in Sault ste Marie,Ontario,canada(at the Michigan border)

I have a Val Dez made in Finland. I have had it since 1972 or so. Mine needs a lot of work so I just keep it hoping some day to fix it. I dont think they are made anylonger. I have searched for both Val Dez and Espana.

I have one of these guitars too. Mine was made in DEC 1971 v-61 and I too want to know how much it is worth
: : : Does anyone have any info on a Val-Dez acoustic guitar? It says on the label made in Finland and imported by Espana. The serial number is #171817 and it was made in June 1971. is also has V-64 printed at the top of the label. Does anyone have any idea what it is worth? Thanks!

: : I have had my Val Dez since 1970 or 71. I absolutely loved that guitar but unfortunately it suffered a freak accident and now is irrepairable. I would love to get another one but haven't been able to find one. Do they still make them? If anyone knows where I can get one I would love to hear from you. Thanks!!

: I have a Val Dez made in Finland. I have had it since 1972 or so. Mine needs a lot of work so I just keep it hoping some day to fix it. I dont think they are made anylonger. I have searched for both Val Dez and Espana.

val Dez 1

I have a friend who is in possession of a 1963 Val Dez in original case seriel # 3-014644 may have never been used. He is in Cobourg, Ontario. Please contact if you are interested. i believe he is looking for 3500 you can talk to him.

:
: I have one of these guitars too. Mine was made in DEC 1971 v-61 and I too want to know how much it is worth
: : : : Does anyone have any info on a Val-Dez acoustic guitar? It says on the label made in Finland and imported by Espana. The serial number is #171817 and it was made in June 1971. is also has V-64 printed at the top of the label. Does anyone have any idea what it is worth? Thanks!

: : : I have had my Val Dez since 1970 or 71. I absolutely loved that guitar but unfortunately it suffered a freak accident and now is irrepairable. I would love to get another one but haven't been able to find one. Do they still make them? If anyone knows where I can get one I would love to hear from you. Thanks!!

: : I have a Val Dez made in Finland. I have had it since 1972 or so. Mine needs a lot of work so I just keep it hoping some day to fix it. I dont think they are made anylonger. I have searched for both Val Dez and Espana.

From Mr. Jay: During the early '70's, B&J importers in Mtn. View, distributed Espana and Val Dez guitars. They were built in Finland. The Espana line was the top line and Val Dez was more of a student line. The irony was that some of the Val Dez guitars were actually better than some of the Espanas. The Val Dez guitars typically sold from 100 - 250, while the Espanas were higher. I played, repaired and sold a lot of these at that time. I'm pretty sure they're not made any longer. They had some neck problems, and the tops, while resonant, were pretty thin and had a tendency to warp.

I have a Val-dez v-64 made in Finland, imported by Espana Guitars 5 union square New York 3, N.Y. #107707 I just want to see how much this is worth.

: I have a Val-dez v-61 made in Finland, imported by Espana Guitars 5 union square New York 3, N.Y. #189482 made in DEC 1971 I just want to see how much this is worth.

I Have A VAl Dec V-66 serial number 170329 and I have no idea about this guitar but it plays nice

Yo! fun...
i like it :)
John
<a href="http://www.toshain.com">painting</a>

I HAD A VAL DEZ MODEL V-73 TWELVE STRING GUITAR GIVEN TO ME. WHILE I HAVEN'T PUT STRINGS ON IT YET, I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO DOING SO. IT FEELS GOOD, AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL SOUND GOOD TOO. I'D SURE LIKE TO KNOW THE VALUE... ANYONE?

: : : Does anyone have any info on a Val-Dez acoustic guitar? It says on the label made in Finland and imported by Espana. The serial number is #171817 and it was made in June 1971. is also has V-64 printed at the top of the label. Does anyone have any idea what it is worth? Thanks!

: : I have had my Val Dez since 1970 or 71. I absolutely loved that guitar but unfortunately it suffered a freak accident and now is irrepairable. I would love to get another one but haven't been able to find one. Do they still make them? If anyone knows where I can get one I would love to hear from you. Thanks!!

: I have a Val Dez made in Finland. I have had it since 1972 or so. Mine needs a lot of work so I just keep it hoping some day to fix it. I dont think they are made anylonger. I have searched for both Val Dez and Espana.

I also have a Val Dez acoustic Guitar. I have no clue what it's worth. I do know that it was made in Finland and imported by espana guitars 5 union square ny ny. I'm 40 and I've had it forever.

: : : : Does anyone have any info on a Val-Dez acoustic guitar? It says on the label made in Finland and imported by Espana. The serial number is #171817 and it was made in June 1971. is also has V-64 printed at the top of the label. Does anyone have any idea what it is worth? Thanks!

: : : I have had my Val Dez since 1970 or 71. I absolutely loved that guitar but unfortunately it suffered a freak accident and now is irrepairable. I would love to get another one but haven't been able to find one. Do they still make them? If anyone knows where I can get one I would love to hear from you. Thanks!!

: : I have a Val Dez made in Finland. I have had it since 1972 or so. Mine needs a lot of work so I just keep it hoping some day to fix it. I dont think they are made anylonger. I have searched for both Val Dez and Espana.

I have a Val Dez with a manufacture date of 3-1-1984. I have had it since 85 but it seems older than that. Anybody know anything about this guitar? It was set up as a regular acoustic but I would not know if it was supposed to be a classical. The action is very high and awkward. What is it worth?

: I also have a Val Dez acoustic Guitar. I have no clue what it's worth. I do know that it was made in Finland and imported by espana guitars 5 union square ny ny. I'm 40 and I've had it forever.

:
: : : : : Does anyone have any info on a Val-Dez acoustic guitar? It says on the label made in Finland and imported by Espana. The serial number is #171817 and it was made in June 1971. is also has V-64 printed at the top of the label. Does anyone have any idea what it is worth? Thanks!

: : : : I have had my Val Dez since 1970 or 71. I absolutely loved that guitar but unfortunately it suffered a freak accident and now is irrepairable. I would love to get another one but haven't been able to find one. Do they still make them? If anyone knows where I can get one I would love to hear from you. Thanks!!

: : : I have a Val Dez made in Finland. I have had it since 1972 or so. Mine needs a lot of work so I just keep it hoping some day to fix it. I dont think they are made anylonger. I have searched for both Val Dez and Espana.

: I also have a Val Dez acoustic Guitar. I have no clue what it's worth. I do know that it was made in Finland and imported by espana guitars 5 union square ny ny. I'm 40 and I've had it forever.

:
: : : : : Does anyone have any info on a Val-Dez acoustic guitar? It says on the label made in Finland and imported by Espana. The serial number is #171817 and it was made in June 1971. is also has V-64 printed at the top of the label. Does anyone have any idea what it is worth? Thanks!

: : : : I have had my Val Dez since 1970 or 71. I absolutely loved that guitar but unfortunately it suffered a freak accident and now is irrepairable. I would love to get another one but haven't been able to find one. Do they still make them? If anyone knows where I can get one I would love to hear from you. Thanks!!

: : : I have a Val Dez made in Finland. I have had it since 1972 or so. Mine needs a lot of work so I just keep it hoping some day to fix it. I dont think they are made anylonger. I have searched for both Val Dez and Espana.

I just came into possession of a Val Dez 143980 V-66. Can't tell when it was made. It has a beautiful sound and I won't be parting with it. I am trying to find out more about it as no one recognizes the name.

I have a Val Dez ,1975 steel string, dreadnaught type.Good condition. anyone interested? Will sell for reasonable offer.jayleeb@comcast.net

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.