Fender Duo-Sonic II

Advertisement
Posted by Jeff Christensen on Thu, 01/03/02 - 11:26:51.
In Reply to Chabot Guitars

Hello,

I was recently given a white Fender Dou-Sonic II that my Mother has had for many years. I is in excellent condition with only slight yellowing of the finish, a red, yellow and white pick guard patterned much like a Strat and a rosewood or walnut fretboard. All parts are original except for a set of Shaler machines (I have the original machines). The Serial # is L44921.

Is there any information available about the age and possible value of this instrument?

Thank you in advance for any information.

Respectfully,

Jeffrey M. Christensen

Related Article:
Fender '65 Super Reverb FSR Guitar Amp - Great for Blues

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Fender Duo-Sonic II

Hey guys,

For guitar serial #44921, it was made in 1964. And for guitar #100068, it was made in late 1965. Since these guitars aren't vintage Strats or Les Pauls, their values are probably under $500. Hope this helps!

: Hey guys,

: For guitar serial #44921, it was made in 1964. And for guitar #100068, it was made in late 1965. Since these guitars aren't vintage Strats or Les Pauls, their values are probably under $500. Hope this helps!

somebody better look again'' the 2,s are going for some serious money now 2300 up & more collectable everyday I have a cherry 65 1,000 ser# & I,m hanging on for more'''

Hi,
I was trusted with a similar Duo-Sonic II serial # 100068. I would also like to know the value, but I have an additional question regarding pickup switching: I can hear nothing when both switches are in the middle position, all other combinations sound fine. Is this normal? Just wondering.

Thanx,

Leo

: Hello,

: I was recently given a white Fender Dou-Sonic II that my Mother has had for many years. I is in excellent condition with only slight yellowing of the finish, a red, yellow and white pick guard patterned much like a Strat and a rosewood or walnut fretboard. All parts are original except for a set of Shaler machines (I have the original machines). The Serial # is L44921.

: Is there any information available about the age and possible value of this instrument?

: Thank you in advance for any information.

: Respectfully,

: Jeffrey M. Christensen

:Hello!
The center position on the pickup switches, turns them off. for ,my money, it makes switching easier. Personally, I love the guitar and don't intend to part with it.
Hi,
: I was trusted with a similar Duo-Sonic II serial # 100068. I would also like to know the value, but I have an additional question regarding pickup switching: I can hear nothing when both switches are in the middle position, all other combinations sound fine. Is this normal? Just wondering.

: Thanx,

: Leo

:
: : Hello,

: : I was recently given a white Fender Dou-Sonic II that my Mother has had for many years. I is in excellent condition with only slight yellowing of the finish, a red, yellow and white pick guard patterned much like a Strat and a rosewood or walnut fretboard. All parts are original except for a set of Shaler machines (I have the original machines). The Serial # is L44921.

: : Is there any information available about the age and possible value of this instrument?

: : Thank you in advance for any information.

: : Respectfully,

: : Jeffrey M. Christensen

:I bought a Dakota red 1966 Duo-SonicII new and I still love the sound. Two pickups, and the tone will rival a Strat any day. I have no intentions of parting with the Fender though when I perform, I usually play my Ric 360/12. My Ric is a 1999 , also bought new. I've been in love with Rics since '64 and still consider that my main guitar. I'll never part with my Ricky!

I was just given the same guitar with same parts, same color, and all original except for one machine, only mine is not in as good as condition. Not really interested in selling but knowing the value would be nice. Just thought it was funny that you had the same guitar.

Thanks,
Jumpyhu

: Hello,

: I was recently given a white Fender Dou-Sonic II that my Mother has had for many years. I is in excellent condition with only slight yellowing of the finish, a red, yellow and white pick guard patterned much like a Strat and a rosewood or walnut fretboard. All parts are original except for a set of Shaler machines (I have the original machines). The Serial # is L44921.

: Is there any information available about the age and possible value of this instrument?

: Thank you in advance for any information.

: Respectfully,

: Jeffrey M. Christensen

if you put the switchs in the middle they turn off the pickups, i have one duo sonic 2 red pretty good i saw one 1965 in 1200$ dollrs so im prety happy

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.