Old? Fender Bullet value

Posted by Rita on Mon, 12/16/02 - 18:25:50.
In Reply to Chabot Guitars

Hi, I hope you can help me... I was given a guitar recently by a distant family member. It is a Fender Bullet Deluxe. It does not look like a Squire Bullet at all. It has more of a Jaguar/Mustang body, blonde in color w/ white pickguard and 2 single coil pickups. It has a telecaster style headstock and it appears to be "vintage". It does not look or feel like anything built in the last 30 years. It also has V shaped strap buttons. Im a Gibson girl and do not know my fenders all that well. If any body knows this guitar please let me know, thank you sooo much! Rita

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Old? Fender Bullet value

YO rita, the bullets were only made in the early 80s, i think 1981- 1982. they were made of old fender parts, maybe thats why u think it "feels" old. Usually the necks are from around the 60s or so. They are actually quite rare, although "collectors" do not like or want them, yet... i'm gonna go but one right now actually...

I have one also. Exactly as described. It was produced in 1982. I absolutely LOVE this guitar. It has a very distinct sound with it's single wound pickups and the wide spacing between them. Plays much like a Telecaster due to the neck. Few people know what it is. I like that about it. And it's NOT a cheap Squier!!
Six years ago a guitar shop said it was worth about $375-ish with the original hardcase and owners manual.

OOPPS.Paid $600.00 Australian for mine last year. What a bargain. Love it!! Very different from other fenders. maybe because it is made
from other fender parts. I like to call it a FENDER MUTT1

HOLY COW! These Bullets are worth something? I got mine in '81. It started out white but has since yellowed. I was going to repaint it and give to my daughter. Should I rethink that?
I also still have the original hardcase and owners manual.

: I have one also. It's white and it has 2 single coils. It cames from 1981...I don't know..just a question: this kind of guitar is better to keep or to sell? Any idea?
I'm from Italy and I think it's pretty rare here findin' a Fender Bullet Deluxe..
Thank you all!!

Hi i have a fender bullet and was wondering how much its worth in pounds. Its a nice guitar but feels reaaly old
thanx
charlie

guess what? i also have a fender bullet, but mine s not a delux, i bought it new in the UK in 1983 for £130.it is a candy red tele shaped one with 2 white single coil pickups on a white pickguard, it has the tele neck and on the headstock has a star logo with a number 1 in it. I also have the original fender case and manual and also a poster that came with it which shows other models such as the H-2 (fitted with humbuckers)
As far as value goes i have seen a couple on the internet and they seem to be around £300-£400
If any one else has one i would be interested to hear from you as i also think these guitars are pretty rare.
cheers

Maybe a bit late but... I got a fender bullet deluxe from my drummer, he saved it from the trash bin!
You know how much it's worth now?

I just recently got into USA Fender Bullet collecting. I've purchased three in the past few weeks. I've been studying different models for a few weeks. Everyone seem to be asking about selling prices. A Bullet in ok condition w/o a case goes for less than $300 USD. A great condition bullet with manual and OHSC goes for as much as $500 USD. That's what I have found to be the case lately. Over seas they seem to be selling for much more. There are a few resources for Bullet info available online. Just do a google search. I hope this helps.

Hey I also have a Fender Bullet Deluxe I bought it in 1995 in Caracas Venezuela and it also has a star with a one on the head stock, I love my guitar, you are not going to belive how much it cost me.....$50!!!!!...is red and white

I just bought mine today. Bullet Deluxe, from 82 I think. Neck feels really great, but there are some replacment pickups on it, and I have the original ones too, so Im gonna try em out. A real bluesy guitar : ) cost about 230 euros

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.