Les Paul Birds Eye

Posted by Russ Wyatt on Tue, 07/29/03 - 10:33:18.
In Reply to Chabot Guitars

Does anybody have any idea what a 1990 Les Paul Standard with a birdseye maple top is worth? Thanks.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Les Paul Birds Eye

: Does anybody have any idea what a 1990 Les Paul Standard with a birdseye maple top is worth? Thanks.

Do you still have this Les Paul? Can you send me a pic of it? My husband had one and loved it. We lost every thing in a house fire and are trying desperatly to replace that guitar...IF it is the one we are looking for we may want to buy it....thanks!

: Does anybody have any idea what a 1990 Les Paul Standard with a birdseye maple top is worth? Thanks.
I have a 1993 Gibson Les Paul studio custom shop (birds eye maple) w/ebony fret board and gold hardware. It is in good shape. I paid $1000.00, in 2003, came with a 2-50 yamaha amp. Previous owner paid $350.00 for the amp. I guess I paid $650.00 for the guitar. The guitar was too heavy for the previous owner. Most rockers can't jump around with a 10 lb. guitar. Sorry about no help with the value, but I think I paid below market value. These seem to be rare guitars but only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Why do you ask? I have a couple of Standards with Birds Eye maple. Its a 3 piece top. Some purists think it has less value than a 2 piece top but what the heck. They sound good and look good. Roy Buchanan in one of the CD covers has a 3 piece top LP.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.