Vega Profundo Acoustic

Posted by Jim Willis on Tue, 10/25/05 - 11:49:09.
In Reply to Acoustic Archtops

I have a Vega model #8486 Profundo Acoustic Guitar. Can anyone tell me about this guitar,I have been knocking myself out with no luck. Everyone says no such animal?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Vega Profundo Acoustic

: I have a Vega model #8486 Profundo Acoustic Guitar. Can anyone tell me about this guitar,I have been knocking myself out with no luck. Everyone says no such animal?

I too have a Vega Profundo flat top guitar. Mine is a parlor type concert guitar. She has a deep sound and is easy as butter to play.
Mine is a 1954 model with a solid spruce top and mohogany back and sides. Relatively small body, compared to my Martin, but nice and light with a good feel.
Sorry I can't offer any more than that. I have been searching for quite some time to find information on my guitar as well. It doesn't seem that there is much out there on them. Maybe some day it will catch on as a popular collectable. until then, I'll just keep enjoying playing mine without thought of its worth. What the heck, works for me...

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.