Maton Tasman CW-40

Posted by Michell Posterfuld on Mon, 03/13/06 - 02:33:43.
In Reply to Maton Guitars

I have a maton Tasman CW-40. It is the 201st of it's kind. There were only 550 made of them i think and i was wondering what the price on it would be. It is in great condition.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Maton CW 40

I bought the Maton CW40 #388 dated 5/82 new from a guitar shop in Kent St Sydney in early 1983. I was 21 at the time.
I think at that time I paid Aussie dollar $360. About 3 weeks pay.
The bloke told me it was a very expensive first guitar at the time.
Too busy with life to learn to play but have treasured it.
My mates that can play love the sound.
I also still have my first surfboard too. A 1963 Bill Wallace 5' 10 single fin. One of the first fibreglass short boards.
Both are the treasures of life.
I have just had the Maton restrung after 10 years and are determined to have another crack at playing.
cheers all.

Maton tasman

I have a Maton Tasman acoustic (i think) and trying to figure out if it is a real maton.
Mine has the word 'Tasman' in gold on the head of the guitar and a small paper Maton sticker
inside the sound hole but it has no make number. I've seen on this website people talking about theirs with
make numbers. Does anyone own one and could let me know if there's has the same features as I just described?

Re: Maton Tasman CW-40

: I have a maton Tasman CW-40. It is the 201st of it's kind. There were only 550 made of them i think and i was wondering what the price on it would be. It is in great condition.

Hello, I am the proud owner of a Tasman CW 40 as well.. If you are wondering about the type of timber used, I have it on very good authority from a guitar luthier here in Western Australia that the body, sides and neck of my instrument are Nyatoh (Indonesian Rainforest timber)and the soundboard is Spruce.. The Maton website left me very wanting in the information department! There were 3 runs of production of the Tasman covering a 2-3 year period, 500 guitars built on each occasion ( that's 1500 in total).. Mine is numbered 216.. Not sure of the value, why not post it on ebay and see what response you get? I couldn't sell mine, the tone is just too mellow and smooth, it has a couple of scratches and a small split on the soundboard, but I would prefer this guitar anyday to th a brand new mass-produced Maton! Cheers, JGB.

Hi there. I used to own one of these until it was smashed by a psycho ex-wife :-( I had mine valued around 14 years ago at $1500 so God only knows what it would be worth now! If either of you guys want to sell please let me know as I miss mine soooo much!

Cheers Dougz

Hi, I have a CW-40 for sale, if interested email me @ bazbuzz@hotmail.co.uk I am based in North Lincs,England.Barry

Hi, I have a CW-40 I wish to sell,if you are interested please email me.Barry

Hi, I have a CW-40 in excellent condition that I am looking to sell,due to illness I am not able to do it justice,I am based in North Lincolnshire in England,anyone interested please email me.Barry

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.