Re: fender FC 40 JAPAN

Advertisement
Posted by Barry Riordan on Tue, 08/16/05 - 18:52:11.

: : Bought a JAPANEASE made FENDER FC40 accustic guitar recently . The guitar was originaly purchased at HESSY´S music shop in liverpool in 1970. The guitar is in near perfect condition ,the makers name is I think the makers name is H YOKOMA Q. is this guitar a genuine FENDER ,also what value would it be worth .This shop is where john lennon bought his first proper guitar for 17 pounds sterling.

I also have one of these guitars. Bought it in Brisbane from the CBS shop at West End for around $280 (Aust Dollars) in 1974/5. I am currently trying to find out value also. I note on the Fender info page that it is claimed that the top is made from cedar, though to me it looks like spruce. The tone and resonance of the instrument is magnificent - maybe this is due to the age of the wood also. Perhaps the only way to find out what these instruments are worth is to go to auction?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.