supro lapsteel-"student special"

Posted by doug anson on Fri, 09/13/02 - 00:31:20.

i just bought a great sounding supro lapsteel. it is a six string, grey/silver pearlite finish, white stenciled numbered fret. the serial number is x42321. this guitar is equipped with a hard-wired, woven-fabric insulated cable, a single cream colored plastic (perhaps bakalite) knob. the supro logo on the top of the headstock face is brass with blue supro lettering underlined by the blue lightning bolt.
does anyone know a year for this sweet sounding student special? the tag just read, "old supro lapsteel."

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: supro lapsteel-

: i just bought a great sounding supro lapsteel. it is a six string, grey/silver pearlite finish, white stenciled numbered fret. the serial number is x42321. this guitar is equipped with a hard-wired, woven-fabric insulated cable, a single cream colored plastic (perhaps bakalite) knob. the supro logo on the top of the headstock face is brass with blue supro lettering underlined by the blue lightning bolt.
: does anyone know a year for this sweet sounding student special? the tag just read, "old supro lapsteel."

Hi Doug,
It sounds like I have your Supro's little brother. Mine fits your description, but has the serial # X93777. Did you ever find out anything about yours?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2018 , All Rights Reserved.