Re: supro guitar

Posted by Marshall on Wed, 12/27/00 - 03:45:27.

: hey dose anyone know anything about the supro archtop hollowbody that the national company made?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

: : hey dose anyone know anything about the supro archtop hollowbody that the national company made?

I don't know about the one you have in question but I have a "Supro" resonating guitar with a metal body and a wooden neck, that was made before WWII. It belonged to my grandfather who has been gone for sometime now, and I would like to learn more about it. It doesn't have any other markings besides "SUPRO" at the very top of the neck,so I'm not sure if it was made by the national company or not. Any info anyone else comes up with I would be most appreciative to hear from them. Thank You , Marshall...

: : : hey dose anyone know anything about the supro archtop hollowbody that the national company made?

: I don't know about the one you have in question but I have a "Supro" resonating guitar with a metal body and a wooden neck, that was made before WWII. It belonged to my grandfather who has been gone for sometime now, and I would like to learn more about it. It doesn't have any other markings besides "SUPRO" at the very top of the neck,so I'm not sure if it was made by the national company or not. Any info anyone else comes up with I would be most appreciative to hear from them. Thank You , Marshall...

We have a Supro metal body, wood neck that has a stamp at 6th fret "Made By SLAVE LABOR" ???? Would like to know more also.

Marshall I also have a lead on several and own an F hole arch top

: : : hey dose anyone know anything about the supro archtop hollowbody that the national company made?

: I don't know about the one you have in question but I have a "Supro" resonating guitar with a metal body and a wooden neck, that was made before WWII. It belonged to my grandfather who has been gone for sometime now, and I would like to learn more about it. It doesn't have any other markings besides "SUPRO" at the very top of the neck,so I'm not sure if it was made by the national company or not. Any info anyone else comes up with I would be most appreciative to hear from them. Thank You , Marshall...

WEDGLES HAS BEEN IN BUSINESS SINCE 1937 AND HAS ALWAYS TRIED SATISFING THERE CUSTOMERS. WE HAVE ALWAYS MADE IT A POLICY IF YOUR NOT HAPPY WITH SOMETHING WE WILL TRY AND MAKE IT RIGHT. I BELIEVE JOHN NEVER DID COME BACK AND TRY EXCHANGING HIS PURCHASE IF HE WASN'T SATISFIED.

Marshall, i have the same type of supro as you, but i cant find any information about it. email me
zombie_girl@weedmail.com

Supro is a a LA based company, started in the 30's as a budget line of International/Dobro guitars and steels.their first Spanish archtop was made in '35. In '42 National/Dobro was bought out and changed to "Valco" All the Supro solidbodies are post-1951. most where of maple body and bolt on neck type, sometimes with a transducer pickup under the bridge. They started making cut-away archtops(ala Gibson/epiphone) in '55. After 62, Valco used plastic "gumby" headstocks,and fiberglass bodies for the solids.in '64, robert Enghelhart bought them and started making archtops and wood solidbodies again, including repro's of the old Supro designs only with the gumbt headstock. in'68, Valco bought Kay and went under, producing a horde of strange Supro's. A few where again made in the early 80's from frakenstein parts with the Supro name, but are not really Supro's per se. If you have a really old Supro,(pre 60's) the headstock is straight, with perpendicular sides, These vintage cherries also have metal labels. after 62, the archtops had white plastic Supro labels, but are generally still whupass. Hope this helps, GUITARDED CASEY.

: i need to know the value of a supro ranchero hollow body guitar. thanks...

I bought this guitar for 250$ at the oldest music pawn
shop in Denver, Wedgles. The owner said it was a SUPRO,
it looked cool like a Goida, with a neo-plastic frame,
and humbuckers, yet it needed electrical work. Does anyone
in the world know what I have, the owner said it is from
the late 60s. can some one clear the mystery. I know its
vintage, and will perhaps never sell it, or ask the
same of anyone I pass it on too. its like super rare.

I own a 1955 Supro Dual Tone and do have a little bit of information on some other Supro guitars from the 50's and 60's. Send me an e-mail if you are still looking for info on the one you have.

- Mike

would like info on supro guitar with serial # T 4781. A friend of mine owns it.... a gift from his father who bought it used in the 60's..thanks....pla

Hi, Just discovered your message re: supro dual tone guitars.
I am hoping to purchase a 1957 dual tone in white and black, and wondered what you tought would be a reasonable price for such a guitar, including the original case, in good condition.

Hope you can help, many thanks, Will.

Re: supro guitar 1956 i think

: I own a 1955 Supro Dual Tone and do have a little bit of information on some other Supro guitars from the 50's and 60's. Send me an e-mail if you are still looking for info on the one you have.

: - Mike

Related Article:
Best Semi-Hollow Body Guitar

Re: supro guitar would like info

: : I own a 1955 Supro Dual Tone and do have a little bit of information on some other Supro guitars from the 50's and 60's. Send me an e-mail if you are still looking for info on the one you have.

: : - Mike

i have a supro guitar has f holes semi hollow body
with two hummbuckers ser# i-94185
any info would be great just wondering if it is worth
anything and what year it was made
thanks casey

: : : I own a 1955 Supro Dual Tone and do have a little bit of information on some other Supro guitars from the 50's and 60's. Send me an e-mail if you are still looking for info on the one you have.

: : : - Mike

:
: i have a supro guitar has f holes semi hollow body
: with two hummbuckers ser# i-94185
: any info would be great just wondering if it is worth
: anything and what year it was made
: thanks casey

I have a supro dual tone guitar that I inherited from My Step- father. The serial number is T83089. I would love to know the year, and the value and or it's importance. I recently began playing it, and am extremely impressed with the sound, intonation and Her ability to stay in tune, even after a beating. Many thank's, Barry

: : : I own a 1955 Supro Dual Tone and do have a little bit of information on some other Supro guitars from the 50's and 60's. Send me an e-mail if you are still looking for info on the one you have.

:
: i have a supro guitar has f holes semi hollow body
: with two hummbuckers ser# i-94185
: any info would be great just wondering if it is worth
: anything and what year it was made
: thanks casey

check out this link for info on the "Supro" guitars... http://www.vguitar.com/brands/details.asp?ID=78

hEY i HAVE AN OLD SUPRO i 'M CURIOUS ABOUT ARE YOU STILL RESPONDING TO INQUIRIES???

: I own a 1955 Supro Dual Tone and do have a little bit of information on some other Supro guitars from the 50's and 60's. Send me an e-mail if you are still looking for info on the one you have.

im looking for a supro like the one jack white plays email me if u have it

: hEY i HAVE AN OLD SUPRO i 'M CURIOUS ABOUT ARE YOU STILL RESPONDING TO INQUIRIES???

: : I own a 1955 Supro Dual Tone and do have a little bit of information on some other Supro guitars from the 50's and 60's. Send me an e-mail if you are still looking for info on the one you have.

I just bought a Supro guitar at a garage sale. I would like to know a little about it if you can help. I don't know anything about it exept a number on the back of the neck. There is no information or sticker on the inside so I cannot shed much light on the situation exept maybe describe the look. Can you help?????

: : hEY i HAVE AN OLD SUPRO i 'M CURIOUS ABOUT ARE YOU STILL RESPONDING TO INQUIRIES???

if u have a guitar similair to the one jack white plays i would pay good money for it its supposedly a supro national so if anybody knows where i could get a reproduction or the same one email me please

I also have an old Supro Guitar, although it is not electric. I was wanting information too and wondered if anyone at this site was still responding to inquiries. Please e-mail if so, thanks

: : : hEY i HAVE AN OLD SUPRO i 'M CURIOUS ABOUT ARE YOU STILL RESPONDING TO INQUIRIES???

: : : : I own a 1955 Supro Dual Tone and do have a little bit of information on some other Supro guitars from the 50's and 60's. Send me an e-mail if you are still looking for info on the one you have.

: : : : - Mike

: if u have a guitar similair to the one jack white plays i would pay good money for it its supposedly a supro national so if anybody knows where i could get a reproduction or the same one email me please

Mike,I have a hollow body supro with three pick ups that I bought in 1968.I need any info on parts etc.Ilove this guitar and would like to refurbish with genuine Supro parts if possible

I have a 1950's Supro solid body,ivory laminate,s/n X18450. Very good shape however 1 tuning key "crumbled" and needs replacing. Need both sides to maintain match. Help?
Also appreciate any info about this guitar which I bought new in 1952 or 3. Thanks!

`

i have reprints of the 1959 + 1966 supro catalogs 4sale also own a few supro archtops...get in touch...regards

I would like to discuss SUPRO gear with other humanoids.
Ric

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.