Dimebags amp settings

Posted by Craig Stanislaw on Wed, 03/21/01 - 09:46:03.
In Reply to Gary's Guitar Tones

Anyone know how dimebag darrell sets his amp up or know a link on how to find it out? Let me know

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Dimebags amp settings

I don't know specifically, but have the bass and treble very high, 8 or 9 and the mids very low, 2 or 3. This is good for most heavy metal. Oh, and turn the gain up to the max!

i think he used krank

no kranks used: randall rg100es later the century model always hidden backstage,kranks wer fake dude,he played solidstate treble bas 8-9 mids 2-3 or out completely,powr up guitar,and let it crank some feedback for a good two minutes,and just play,cuz ya aint gonna sound like him by buying everything he played,check stuff out,and work on your own sound,if you into dime like me,build a sound on what you like,and keep burnin up those fretboards!!

good luck

btw he tuned always 1/4 below so Eb is to him Eb minus the 1/4 and so on

dont use alott off distortion ,dime relied on gain,high gain pickups(bill lawrence l-xl500,a wah (as filter during solo's)and furman pq3,mxr blue eq,and a rocktron silencer

but ye put some gain on your amp scoop the mids,and mess bout!

greetings from holland lol

his setting on hes pedal is low bass 8.5 mid 2 treble high 10 and gain 9 try this

try using any amp with a good 2nd distortion channel, and whack treble and bass to max and no middle.

Previous Post: "try using any amp with a good 2nd distortion channel, and whack treble and bass to max and no middle."

No offense to this guy, but this is waaay off for Dime. The general idea for the metal guitar sound is this way, however Darrell uses quite a bit of effects. One of the most important is the Furman PQ-3(at times a PQ-4). Its a parametric EQ for finetuning his frequencies as well as a preamp for shooting extra gain into his amp for more balls. I have a Randall Warhead and hated the sound until using the Furman. Now its a f*cking monster. Try entering "dimebag darrells settings" into AOL search...there are several detailed sites on his gear. Hope that helps you.

warhead

The warhead already comes with a nine band eq built in it and a mid scoop. Try this combination for the dime sound:

On the 9 band eq: from low to high range (I've placed the number system as a 0 to 10 being from bottom to top)
7-5-7-3-1-4-8-6-9 and the master tone knobs are Bass: 6.5 Mid Flat: 2 Mid Sweep: 5.5 Treble: 8.5
add a touch of the 11 preset delay and you'll get a pretty close to Dime tone.

what do you set the extra eq too?

Darrel Dimebag.......... the mans a god....bow down before his name
Ive been playing guitar ever since ive listen to pantera and ive listen to pantera since the begining. There is no way anyone can make a guitar sound as good as Dimebag. The only way to get even close is to purchase the right equipment.

Tell us something me don't know jack ass....
Bass mid n treble help dur!

Btw I got nothing just like jackass up there

Thanks man for clearing that up i almost had a heart attack hearing that other bullshit

: Previous Post: "try using any amp with a good 2nd distortion channel, and whack treble and bass to max and no middle."

: No offense to this guy, but this is waaay off for Dime. The general idea for the metal guitar sound is this way, however Darrell uses quite a bit of effects. One of the most important is the Furman PQ-3(at times a PQ-4). Its a parametric EQ for finetuning his frequencies as well as a preamp for shooting extra gain into his amp for more balls. I have a Randall Warhead and hated the sound until using the Furman. Now its a f*cking monster. Try entering "dimebag darrells settings" into AOL search...there are several detailed sites on his gear. Hope that helps you.

Re:Warhead fuse

: Thanks man for clearing that up i almost had a heart attack hearing that other bullshit

: : Previous Post: "try using any amp with a good 2nd distortion channel, and whack treble and bass to max and no middle."

: : I just bought a used warhead head and it keeps blowing fuses in the back under the output jack. Does anyone know what type fuse it uses and what the owners mannuel says? general idea for the metal guitar sound is this way, however Darrell uses quite a bit of effects. One of the most important is the Furman PQ-3(at times a PQ-4). Its a parametric EQ for finetuning his frequencies as well as a preamp for shooting extra gain into his amp for more balls. I have a Randall Warhead and hated the sound until using the Furman. Now its a f*cking monster. Try entering "dimebag darrells settings" into AOL search...there are several detailed sites on his gear. Hope that helps you.

Re:Warhead fuse

i heard that dimebag cranked his mid
: : Thanks man for clearing that up i almost had a heart attack hearing that other bullshit

: : : Previous Post: "try using any amp with a good 2nd distortion channel, and whack treble and bass to max and no middle."

: : : I just bought a used warhead head and it keeps blowing fuses in the back under the output jack. Does anyone know what type fuse it uses and what the owners mannuel says? general idea for the metal guitar sound is this way, however Darrell uses quite a bit of effects. One of the most important is the Furman PQ-3(at times a PQ-4). Its a parametric EQ for finetuning his frequencies as well as a preamp for shooting extra gain into his amp for more balls. I have a Randall Warhead and hated the sound until using the Furman. Now its a f*cking monster. Try entering "dimebag darrells settings" into AOL search...there are several detailed sites on his gear. Hope that helps you.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.