series 10 electric guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Ronnie on Mon, 10/20/03 - 20:22:14.

I just recently aquired a SERIES 10 electric guitar. I went to guitar center to get a price quote on how much it was worth, AND IT WASN'T EVEN IN THE BLUE BOOK!!! It supposively "doesn't exist", but i know it does cuz i have one, and there are other ppl on the net that have them. If anyone knows ANYTHING about this guitar plz e-mail me.

Related Discussion:
Unusual guitar bodies?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

More Series 10

I am now the proud owner of 2 more Series 10 guitars, both electric. One is a Strat copy and the other is a Les Paul copy. Beautiful sound and stay in tune just like my a/e. By the way my a/e is red. The finish is deep lacquer with a very high gloss. Don't know if it was buffed with goose feathers but it's sweet looking.

My series 10 guitar is a BEAST!!

I bought my series 10 guitar about 19 years ago and still have it today. I picked it up for $130.00 forit. When I seen it i thought theres no way Im buying a pink guitar but then I picked it up and played it and it was one of the best feeling guitars I have ever played. It has the famous Jackson shark tooth inlays , 1 single coil neck pick up ,1 single center pick up , and a dual humbucker for the bridge. there are 3 , three way switches for each pick up , a floyd rose style floater tremlo , 24 jumbo fret , rose wood fret board , and a short scale. This thing freekin' jams!! I play more heavy stuff than anything and even tuned down to c# it stays in tune no matter how much i beat on it and believe me I do. I have played live with it and its crisp and loud with great tone and sustain that lasts forever. i also play many other styles of music and it works great for it all. If anyone has any info on these guitars please let me know cause I would for sure buy another one if it performed like the one I have now. People laugh at it cause its pink but after its plugged in and busting out ear drums and scaring old ladies they all want to know where to find one.

Bently series 10 les paul

Hi there i have a bently series 10 les paul in pretty near mint condition it also has a custom hard shell
case i would consider selling
david

Series 10 Rick knockoff

I have owned a Series 10 knockoff of a black Rickenbacker 325. Except for the tailpiece, it is a perfect reproduction. It stays in tune - period. The short-scale neck fits perfect into my hands. I own higher quality name-brand stuff and this one is every bit as good and very fun to play

SHHH

I have the stratacoustic prototype series10 a/e. Great guitar but all us owners have to be quiet so we can keep buying them. Greatest sound ever, mine stays in tune forever unless there is a drastic temperature swing.

i have a series 10 professional sunbust color ivory inlaid neck

just wonderin what a giutar like it is worth it plays beautifully and is all orginal.

I have series 10 bass guitar Frankenstein

I want to know what it is worth , and old it is

Series 10 a/e

I have a series10 a/e that is built like the stratacoustic. Same body, same cutouts, same construction, 10 - 15 yrs older. The headstock looks decidedly Jackson. Great guitar with beautiful sound. Wish I could upload photos.

i just got a series 10

i just got a series 10 guitar, and it look like a les paul.It has no string and the wires need to be soldered. so i dont know how it sound.does it have a nice sound, and do u think its worth geeting fixed

I just bought one at a pawn

I just bought one at a pawn shop that is a series 10 and almost identical to the let les paul. I paid $100 for it and it is the best guitar I have ever played. I like playing it better than my strat and would love to buy another one but I cant find one.

How much?

How much?

bently series 10 les paul

have one for sale excellent condition with custom har shell case

Series 10 Guitar

I have a Series 10 with a Strat style body . Black body with white pick guard. I would be willing to sell it

Bentley Guitar

My first guitar was a Bentley "Fender Mexican" knockoff that another guitarist passed on to me to learn on. I played on it for about 3 years stock. The action on the neck was great. I eventually got another guitar to play in E, and started to customize the Bentley for C tuning. I wired in EMG single-coil pickups, swapped to grover tuners, filed the nut to accept Power Slinky's, and repainted it. This was one dirty-ass crunching guitar. Passed it on to a friend who wanted to learn to play about 5 years later when I quit playing.

I now own a B.C. Rich Warbeast, and I love it. I still dream about the guitar that got away though.

Series 10

I'm sorry to dissapoint everyone here that likes their guitars , but series 10 guitars were the "first act" or "jay turser"'of their day. There are a few nicer made models ,but for the most part they just look cool.
Most were made in china , Korea, indonesia . You can't keep track , because most of them had stickers on the neckplate for the serial #'s & got peeled off.
Most have plywood bodies, cheap pickups, & not very stable necks.
If you set it up right, you can have almost any guitar play like butter, but it won't handle the abuse.
Take care of it if it has meaning to you. I still have an old harmony my dad bought me when I was 10.
I set it up for my 7 year old & it plays great. Cheap guitar I would not record with, but great to learn on.

Re: series 10 electric guitar

: I am an owner of 7 Bently/Series 10 electric guitars, one Bently Acoustic/Electric guitar and two Bently Series 10 bass guitars. I also own a gretch, gibson L6-S, and an Ibanez Geo bass guitar. Among them are four LP copies, one Telecaster, and three strat copies. They are all nice guitars I used on stage. Made by St. Louis Music company from the 1980s up until 1998 when they issued them as Austin guitars. Some are with S-10 pickups (SLM pickups). I paid from $31 to $102. Worth the investment but, the professional models were the top of the line.

Series

Where was the pre-Koreans made

series 10 pro

I was wondering if you could help me with the value of my series 10 professional it has a plywood body ,maple neck ,rosewood fret board , 1 dual humbucker 2 single coil pickups ,and floyd rose floater tremalo serial#882634

series 10 pro

I was wondering if you could help me with the value of my series 10 professional it has a plywood body ,maple neck ,rosewood fret board , 1 y5n9mdual humbucker 2 single coil pickups ,and floyd rose floater tremalo serial#882634

My Series 10 was my first guitar, its all black and it's my favorite one. I can't find anything on the Internet about them, no one really has any. They're really rare and I'm proud to own one, it may be worth a lot.

hello, my name is robby, and i also to own 6 series 10 electric guitars, and in the process of buying another one from a friend, ive been playing for 25 years now and the first one i bought in a pawn shop burried in dontown nowhere, i.e, colorado springs colorado, for 80.00 bucks has been the best guitar ever, when ever i let someone hold, play, ect it, usualy not verry long, lol, they immediatly want to buy it.they usualy ask me ..what kind of guitar is this? my reply is... its a series 10 but its name is cadillac, ...but why do you call it that?....becouse it plays like driveing a cadillac. the best out there, its a strat style, cream colored, pittbull in front of his dog house, grafic, put on by the bridge, two custome pickups, 1 tele style at the neck, and 1 seymore, dubble, single, rail at the bridge.stock at the center.i have played sevral 3000.00 plus guitars in my time, in several bands on the road,but i would never ever, buy any thing else, than a series 10. they just do not hold up, or play, or feel like a series 10, that has had a little money and time put in to it.

Bently series 10 les paul

i have a bently series 10 black les paul very nice player
with custom hard shell case
david

I bought a pawn shop series 10 almost 20 years ago. I am currently researchng it myself because i got curious about who made it. Anyone have any clues yet?

series 10 guitars

it was an off shoot company of Kramer guitars and esp.

: I just recently aquired a SERIES 10 electric guitar. I went to guitar center to get a price quote on how much it was worth, AND IT WASN'T EVEN IN THE BLUE BOOK!!! It supposively "doesn't exist", but i know it does cuz i have one, and there are other ppl on the net that have them. If anyone knows ANYTHING about this guitar plz e-mail me.

i have a series 10 they told me its made by alvrez my dad paid 400.00

we have a series 10 electric guitar in fair condition plays great. 500.00. black in color. call 870-563-3600. osceola ar.

Series 10 Guitar

Did you ever get 500.00 for your series 10 black guitar?

I have one with a floyd rose set up looking for the lock nut so I can play it it sounds great.

i need a top nut for my series 10 its white and i got it for 40$ did I do Good?

Yes!

Yes!

A couple of years ago I bought this strange red guitar at a yard sale in my neighborhood for the astounding price of $3! I didnt know how to play guitar, but I took it home and started messing around. 4 years later I have 4 other guitars including a Gretsch and a Gibson Les Paul. However this weird little red start-style guitar still gets its fair share of playing. For some reason I really like how the guitar feels. I am currently in the process of putting some money in it to fix it up. I think it will be really nice!

I asked a teacher of mine about the brand and he told me that they are a japanese guitar company that was really big in the 80's. This is just what he told me but I guess he could be wrong. They arent very common any more and nobody really seems to know about them. So glad to hear from somebody else who has one!

: I just recently aquired a SERIES 10 electric guitar. I went to guitar center to get a price quote on how much it was worth, AND IT WASN'T EVEN IN THE BLUE BOOK!!! It supposively "doesn't exist", but i know it does cuz i have one, and there are other ppl on the net that have them. If anyone knows ANYTHING about this guitar plz e-mail me.

well... my oldest brother's first guitar was a red series 10. after he started cleaning out his old room he dug it out... i asked if i could have it and he said yea but its a piece of crap... i was like ok, maybe someday i'll fix it up... well now i have a physics/electronics project and i'm modding out this guitar. i couldn't tell you what body style it is...and ya'll are right... its almost like the guitars never existed, but they are sittin right in front of you...

A couple of years ago I bought this strange red guitar at a yard sale in my neighborhood for the astounding price of $3! I didnt know how to play guitar, but I took it home and started messing around. 4 years later I have 4 other guitars including a Gretsch and a Gibson Les Paul. However this weird little red start-style guitar still gets its fair share of playing. For some reason I really like how the guitar feels. I am currently in the process of putting some money in it to fix it up. I think it will be really nice!

I asked a teacher of mine about the brand and he told me that they are a japanese guitar company that was really big in the 80's. This is just what he told me but I guess he could be wrong. They arent very common any more and nobody really seems to know about them. So glad to hear from somebody else who has one!

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: series 10 electric guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : series 10 electric guitar

: : I just recently aquired a SERIES 10 electric guitar. I went to guitar center to get a price quote on how much it was worth, AND IT WASN'T EVEN IN THE BLUE BOOK!!! It supposively "doesn't exist", but i know it does cuz i have one, and there are other ppl on the net that have them. If anyone knows ANYTHING about this guitar plz e-mail me.
I just acquired a candy clear red strat style,
has gold hard wear,plays beautiful,found her on craigslist for 50.00,I didn't even haggle about it,great sounds

I picked up a Series 10 bass about a decade ago, which I got because it was the cheapest lefty bass I could find. It cost me around $150, and it turned out to be a pretty decent instrument. No frills, but solid sound & construction. All I know for sure is that it was made by a company called "Bentley". There seems to be no reliable info about them on the Web, though other owners have hinted that they may have been bought out, possibly by Jackson guitars. As for pricing, they're probably not worth too much, but most of the folks who own them seem pretty happy with them, so - who knows?

My first guitar was actually a series 10 version of a danelectro. It was a good guitar, had 2 single coil pickups and great tone, the body was heavy as hell, but the only downfall was that the electronics in it were very shabby. Mind you this was about 9 years ago. I just wish I had that guitar now, cause I've had my fair share of guitars since then, but not one with that same incredible tone. So I know they exist, but like you I can never find any information on them.

I am the owner/founder of series 10 guitars and im here to tell you, they are all worth in the upper thousands. There were only a few thousand made and i dont know why people are finding them soo cheap around. If you can find a red one, hold on to it, they're worth the most beacause theyre painted with mercedes paint and buffed with goose feathers. One in good condition should sell for $2000 or so dollars.

- :)

Red Series10 Guitar

I gave 60. for this guitar yesterday and have been trying to research it. It has beautiful tone, the only reason I traded for it. It is a candy red color, but of coarse can't find any seriial numbers to go on. I wish I could post a picture here. If it's worth 2000. Then I made one hell of a deal!

I own one and it is in lime

I own one and it is in lime green color, and good condition. I wanted to know how much it worth?

series 10 fan

I am 40 years old and bought my first guitar in 1986 from a local music store. It was a canary yellow Series 10 (the one the blonde in the black dress was holding in all the posters and ads) It was a hardcore instrument that hardly ever went out of tune even when being played like a bass by a kid who knew nothing about them. I ended up trading it for a dirt bike and regretting it ever since. Recently a friend of mine who is a craigslist surfer and guitar collector/ excellant repairman aquired on for $30 from a guy who was going to throe it out. It looked like crap from improper care, but he cleaned it up stuck some strings on it and it played just fine. It's a Seafoam green painted double pickup. Not a scratch on it. I traded him a pair of vintage Acoustic mains for it and he is adjusting the bridge and fine tuning it for me as we type. I am so glad to add this one of a kind piece to my collection!

Bently Searies 10 guitar (like flying v body)

I am getting conflicting ciews on these guitrs. I have a cream with red stripe following the design of body guitar. It has dual humbuckers, tunamatic wah-wah bridge on it, tow knobs and 1-3 way switch on it. Says Series 10 by Bently, S.# Sl85060072 pn sticker on back of guitarunder keys. I suspect it might be one of those talked about maybe made in China etc. But we really don't know. It really sounds great and plays very well. Any infomation would be appreciated. Thanks!

: I am the owner/founder of series 10 guitars and im here to tell you, they are all worth in the upper thousands. There were only a few thousand made and i dont know why people are finding them soo cheap around. If you can find a red one, hold on to it, they're worth the most beacause theyre painted with mercedes paint and buffed with goose feathers. One in good condition should sell for $2000 or so dollars.

: - :)
If you are the owner/founder then I will buy you out for $1 in advance my fellow madman. Series 10 guitars were made by Bently and sold by St Louis Music. Some of the early models were assembled in America but most were korean made. Nice players and very well built. Cheaper models were laminated(plywood) and the Pro models were solid wood. Bolt on necks and so so pickups and electronics but very nice players.

PLEASE HELP ID

I recently bought this crackle painted Professional model serial number 881635 -does that mean it was made in 1988 and what country?

bently

I bought one from a guy with alligator hard case made of solid mahogany or rose wood its a tad heavy but it rocks,Payed 45$ I'm a crook.

I've had a series ten guitar for a few years. I love it, and play it daily. I bought it for fifty bucks, though, and that included an amp, cable, and a little chord book. Pretty sweet deal. I love this guitar. The amp I got is kind of shitty though.

I also just foud one of these. A les paul copy. Played it at guitar center and bought it for 99.00. Mind you I play a custom edition fender strat with a band and was looking for somthing just cheap to mess with. This thing played pretty good. Cant pick it up till the police check is ok'd though. From the setup it looks like someone who knew how to play at least fairly good had it. Cant wait to plug it in to my Hd147 line 6 amp.

I had one about 14 years ago. At that time it was only worth about $99.00 new. who knows what they cost now.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.