series 10 electric guitar

Posted by Ronnie on Mon, 10/20/03 - 20:22:14.

I just recently aquired a SERIES 10 electric guitar. I went to guitar center to get a price quote on how much it was worth, AND IT WASN'T EVEN IN THE BLUE BOOK!!! It supposively "doesn't exist", but i know it does cuz i have one, and there are other ppl on the net that have them. If anyone knows ANYTHING about this guitar plz e-mail me.

Related Discussion:
Unusual guitar bodies?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: series 10 electric guitar

A couple of years ago I bought this strange red guitar at a yard sale in my neighborhood for the astounding price of $3! I didnt know how to play guitar, but I took it home and started messing around. 4 years later I have 4 other guitars including a Gretsch and a Gibson Les Paul. However this weird little red start-style guitar still gets its fair share of playing. For some reason I really like how the guitar feels. I am currently in the process of putting some money in it to fix it up. I think it will be really nice!

I asked a teacher of mine about the brand and he told me that they are a japanese guitar company that was really big in the 80's. This is just what he told me but I guess he could be wrong. They arent very common any more and nobody really seems to know about them. So glad to hear from somebody else who has one!

Hi my names Jake.
I am a Bently guitar collector.
Series 10 guitars were made by SLM (St.Louos Music)
SLM needed a guitar that they could sell a little cheaper than the Alvarez guitar line so they introduced the Bently guitar line from 1985 to 1998.
Bently guitars started off as cheap acostic guitars, Then they started making electrics then later on changed the electrics to the name Series 10 and left the acoustics as Bently.
They kept making the Series 10 andBently guitars up yill 1998 when SLM introduced the Austin guitar line.
The Bently and Series 10 guitars started off as copies of old american favorites like the Gibson black Beauty or the Fender telecaster. Series 10 even made they're on pickups at one point.
they were called S10 pickups which stood for Series 10. They look alot like your EMG pickups now days.
Series 10 guitars sell for around $100 to $200 on the used market depending on the guitar.
I hope this helps. if you have anymore questions you can email me at vanilla-malt@hotmail.com

-Jake-

series 10 strat

I just picked up a series 10 strat at my local salvation army store and was wondering where I could find out about it. I was also wondering about locating parts for it as well.

Bently Series 10 Guitar

Have a Gently Series 10 electric guitar I just got in a trade and would like more information on it. It has a reverse headstock nice quilted finish on it and it has 3 single pick ups that look similar to the EMG design. Serial # SL 88111076.

Thanks

Bentley series 10 telly copy.

I acquired one of these guitars some time ago and really do like it. I think the pickups could be improved. Can anyone make a suggestion as to what to look for. Maybe standard Telecaster pickups or something more au courant.
Thank you,
Don.

Pickups

I have Seymour-Duncan pickups on mine.

Series 10 strat style pointy headstock shredder 3Pup with rose

Hey...I picked up this Rednecked Devil...nursed her back to life...she's a real sweetheart...never seen another one like her...anyone interested in some pic's...i might be persuaded to let her go!!!...email me...Paul

What year and where made

I have a series 10 electric #131388 Anyone know the year, where it was made and the value. It is in good shape?

: I just recently aquired a SERIES 10 electric guitar. I went to guitar center to get a price quote on how much it was worth, AND IT WASN'T EVEN IN THE BLUE BOOK!!! It supposively "doesn't exist", but i know it does cuz i have one, and there are other ppl on the net that have them. If anyone knows ANYTHING about this guitar plz e-mail me.

series 10 electric guitar

: : I just recently aquired a SERIES 10 electric guitar. I went to guitar center to get a price quote on how much it was worth, AND IT WASN'T EVEN IN THE BLUE BOOK!!! It supposively "doesn't exist", but i know it does cuz i have one, and there are other ppl on the net that have them. If anyone knows ANYTHING about this guitar plz e-mail me.
I just acquired a candy clear red strat style,
has gold hard wear,plays beautiful,found her on craigslist for 50.00,I didn't even haggle about it,great sounds

Series 10 electric guitar

I just picked up a series 10 electric guitar, it's in great shape, white strat body with cracked black lines running thru out. Factory and a licensed Floyd rose tremolo don't know what it's worth, I have a. Small music shop in rural pennsylvania
And don't know if I should sell it at my shop or put it on ebay since there seem to be collectors and this one is very unique, don't know what to ask for it or maybe one of you guys want to buy it, Posted responses are appreciated or could call. My shop mon thru sat. Guitarnia. At 814-290-6135. Peace. Rick

Series 10 Professional Electric

I have a S10 Pro and have had in the attic for 3 years in a case. I am not a big music person, but the design and color go from a blue green at bottom to a gold red at the top. I think it was made in 1980 as the serial number starts with an eight zero.

Any ideas what this was a copy of or what the value is worth? It is in like new condition and has been recently tuned.

I have an early 90's series 10 electric guitar. Tried looking everywhere for a price, found nothing. Did the company change name, go out of business? If you find a site with quotes please post it.

series 10 guitar

the series 10 guitar was made by st. Louis music co. in the 1980's- they made electric and acoustics, they now make alvarez guitars- the same company- they make a few others as well.. just google- the st. Louis music co. - and or wiki -
depending on the guitar's shape- condition- it can be worth prob up to 400$ but I think average value around 150$ depending if you are a collector or not!

: : I just recently aquired a SERIES 10 electric guitar. I went to guitar center to get a price quote on how much it was worth, AND IT WASN'T EVEN IN THE BLUE BOOK!!! It supposively "doesn't exist", but i know it does cuz i have one, and there are other ppl on the net that have them. If anyone knows ANYTHING about this guitar plz e-mail me.
I just acquired a candy clear red strat style,
has gold hard wear,plays beautiful,found her on craigslist for 50.00,I didn't even haggle about it,great sounds

I picked up a Series 10 bass about a decade ago, which I got because it was the cheapest lefty bass I could find. It cost me around $150, and it turned out to be a pretty decent instrument. No frills, but solid sound & construction. All I know for sure is that it was made by a company called "Bentley". There seems to be no reliable info about them on the Web, though other owners have hinted that they may have been bought out, possibly by Jackson guitars. As for pricing, they're probably not worth too much, but most of the folks who own them seem pretty happy with them, so - who knows?

My first guitar was actually a series 10 version of a danelectro. It was a good guitar, had 2 single coil pickups and great tone, the body was heavy as hell, but the only downfall was that the electronics in it were very shabby. Mind you this was about 9 years ago. I just wish I had that guitar now, cause I've had my fair share of guitars since then, but not one with that same incredible tone. So I know they exist, but like you I can never find any information on them.

I am the owner/founder of series 10 guitars and im here to tell you, they are all worth in the upper thousands. There were only a few thousand made and i dont know why people are finding them soo cheap around. If you can find a red one, hold on to it, they're worth the most beacause theyre painted with mercedes paint and buffed with goose feathers. One in good condition should sell for $2000 or so dollars.

- :)

Owner/founder... I smell

Owner/founder... I smell bullshit...

founder of series 10

Despite everything discussed here about the series 10, it all comes down to what you like. The never ending talk about how much something is worth when it comes to a guitar is old. How a red series 10 is worth $2000 just because of the paint I don't understand. I own one and just don't see.
I have however owned guitars that would be considered junk that didn't even have the makers name on them and they produced an unbelievable sound all there own. Yes, a good sound. Good enough that I still think about it 20 years later. I called it the red rocker back then.
When I personally buy a guitar, I couldn't give a rats a** about the name. I don't even look. I work my way down the rack playing each one until you hear that sound. Always I am surprised when I I look at the maker. Never has it been the "top of line" guitar. So why do people continue paying so much money for them? A name? No wonder music on the radio sounds like s**t now days.
As musicians, we are suppose to be self expressive doing our own thing yet I can't tell the difference between this group or that based on the sound. The 80's groups, you could tell who it was from the first 2 notes played. Unique!
Which brings me back to the Series 10.
If it sounds good and you sound like a rock star playing it, who cares how much it costs. Become famous playing it and then it will be collectible to those that it matters to. Let's all try to remember why we play guitar and if you can remember the first time you played a song in a band, I'm positive it had nothing to do with money.
I appreciate the info on the red paint and maybe he is the founder or maybe not.
I say plug the damn thing in a rock it. That is what we do, right?

Red Series10 Guitar

I gave 60. for this guitar yesterday and have been trying to research it. It has beautiful tone, the only reason I traded for it. It is a candy red color, but of coarse can't find any seriial numbers to go on. I wish I could post a picture here. If it's worth 2000. Then I made one hell of a deal!

I own one and it is in lime

I own one and it is in lime green color, and good condition. I wanted to know how much it worth?

series 10 fan

I am 40 years old and bought my first guitar in 1986 from a local music store. It was a canary yellow Series 10 (the one the blonde in the black dress was holding in all the posters and ads) It was a hardcore instrument that hardly ever went out of tune even when being played like a bass by a kid who knew nothing about them. I ended up trading it for a dirt bike and regretting it ever since. Recently a friend of mine who is a craigslist surfer and guitar collector/ excellant repairman aquired on for $30 from a guy who was going to throe it out. It looked like crap from improper care, but he cleaned it up stuck some strings on it and it played just fine. It's a Seafoam green painted double pickup. Not a scratch on it. I traded him a pair of vintage Acoustic mains for it and he is adjusting the bridge and fine tuning it for me as we type. I am so glad to add this one of a kind piece to my collection!

Bently Searies 10 guitar (like flying v body)

I am getting conflicting ciews on these guitrs. I have a cream with red stripe following the design of body guitar. It has dual humbuckers, tunamatic wah-wah bridge on it, tow knobs and 1-3 way switch on it. Says Series 10 by Bently, S.# Sl85060072 pn sticker on back of guitarunder keys. I suspect it might be one of those talked about maybe made in China etc. But we really don't know. It really sounds great and plays very well. Any infomation would be appreciated. Thanks!

: I am the owner/founder of series 10 guitars and im here to tell you, they are all worth in the upper thousands. There were only a few thousand made and i dont know why people are finding them soo cheap around. If you can find a red one, hold on to it, they're worth the most beacause theyre painted with mercedes paint and buffed with goose feathers. One in good condition should sell for $2000 or so dollars.

: - :)
If you are the owner/founder then I will buy you out for $1 in advance my fellow madman. Series 10 guitars were made by Bently and sold by St Louis Music. Some of the early models were assembled in America but most were korean made. Nice players and very well built. Cheaper models were laminated(plywood) and the Pro models were solid wood. Bolt on necks and so so pickups and electronics but very nice players.

PLEASE HELP ID

I recently bought this crackle painted Professional model serial number 881635 -does that mean it was made in 1988 and what country?

bently

I bought one from a guy with alligator hard case made of solid mahogany or rose wood its a tad heavy but it rocks,Payed 45$ I'm a crook.

I've had a series ten guitar for a few years. I love it, and play it daily. I bought it for fifty bucks, though, and that included an amp, cable, and a little chord book. Pretty sweet deal. I love this guitar. The amp I got is kind of shitty though.

I also just foud one of these. A les paul copy. Played it at guitar center and bought it for 99.00. Mind you I play a custom edition fender strat with a band and was looking for somthing just cheap to mess with. This thing played pretty good. Cant pick it up till the police check is ok'd though. From the setup it looks like someone who knew how to play at least fairly good had it. Cant wait to plug it in to my Hd147 line 6 amp.
: I just recently aquired a SERIES 10 electric guitar. I went to guitar center to get a price quote on how much it was worth, AND IT WASN'T EVEN IN THE BLUE BOOK!!! It supposively "doesn't exist", but i know it does cuz i have one, and there are other ppl on the net that have them. If anyone knows ANYTHING about this guitar plz e-mail me.

I had one about 14 years ago. At that time it was only worth about $99.00 new. who knows what they cost now.

I got my series 10, 20 years ago for 100$. I still have it and use on a regular basis. I just put EMG pick ups in it, and sounds great. I would really like to know what one is worth now, and if I may have depreciated any value by mocking it up?

ive had a series 10 for about three years now and upgrade electronics to emg actives put a kahler bridge on it and new set of schaler tuners on it and i love got it at a pawn shop for 50 bucks beacuse I liked the neck and the body is like the joe satriani ibanez over all i have no background info but i love the guitar after a few changes

I also own a series 10 electric guitar. These are one the finest guitars out there and if you have one of the better ones, consider yourself lucky.
- III

I bought one yesterday for 70 dollars. Its bright orange with a maple neck..it also had a "made in korea" sticker on it if that helps...didnt see anyone mention that. Its a nice guitar SUPER LIGHT.

: I also purchased a series 10 model from a pawnshop for 30 dollars. Its a Lefthanded, 6 string electric, 2 single coil, and 1 double coil, at the "FloydRose" Bridge. its all black, and the famous "Jackson Sharktooth" inlays on a Rosewood fingerboard neck along with a locking nut. Although their is a serial number on the back of the wellknown, famous "Jackson" designed headstock which reads "#SL8912227", but nowhere, does it show the "Jackson" logo on the instrument. I too, would like to know if it is a copy or not, what year it was made, and everything about the insrument. I have been playing the guitar for 45 yrs. (since I was 8- yrs. old), I know a good Guitar, or a cheap copy, after I play on it a few times, but, I am perplexed at who was the manufacturer of this Guitar. If anyone has any information on this instrument, an e-mail would be deeply appreciated, thank you, Randy !.

i just got a les paul style sunburst series 10 guitar. It seems to be pretty old. The white plastic border that goes around the body has yellowed with age. This instrument plays great and looks great. I wish I could find out more about it.

I have a Series 10 strat style guitar. I decided to use it as my first custom rig and took it apart and sanded it down. The body is made out of plywood!! It looks pretty sweet. The neck is like a five piece. It cool though. I want to fix it up and make it sweet.

Hey all. Just wanted to let you know that I have just listed a 1980s Series 10 guitar on ebay. It's been modified a little-pretty much limited to the the finish. And like many I've read about here is a fantastic player. The bid starts at $49.99. If you or know of anyone who might be interested,give me a shout. I was laid off in Nov,so I'm selling a few things. Check it out and have a good one! And I'll post any info you add to the listing as I don't know much about it. Thanks.

i recently bought one at the local music store.
it is a very well made strat copy.
unusually metalic blue color.vibrato.
better than the new budget minded fenders by a long shot.
possibly as good as an american made.
it was $125.00
i think series ten was what electra became after the law suits on patent infringement

I own a Series Ten electric guitar and I cannot find anyone that has infor mation about them. All I know is that they were sold at B&b in the 80's

i also own a series 10 guitar its a les paul style and i cant think of living without it played many gigs on it and its been as reliable as any guitar ive ever played i traded a crappy bc rich bronze series warlock for it stright up the only info i could ever find and i dont know how much is true but i was told they were sold by sears in the 60s and 70s back then if you got something from there it was like the cats pjs i dont know what there going for now prob not much except for collectors. any one have one they wanna sell hit me up hope this helped-FRAZZ frazzofaz@hotmail.com

Hello,
I was just laid off my job, and I am selling some of my precious items. While looking around the internet for info on my beloved Series 10 Copy, I cam across your post on Guitar Site. Thought I'd give you a heads up. It is red to orange, and in practically mint condition. Sad to let her go. Email me for more info.

AdamGotIt@gmail.com

Hey!
I own a Series 10 strat-type electric guitar,
Humbucker-Single-Single coil setup w/5-pos. switch,
whammy-bridge. Maple neck/rosewood fretboard,
Black paintjob w/red fluorescent "crackle" finish,
reverse headstock w/pos-action tuners.
This is a unique guitar. Glad I have it in my collection.
Bought second-hand for around $150.00.
I estimate that the original retail price would have been
in the $275.00 to $425.00 price range.
This guitar really doesn't "exist"...
impossible to get any info on.
Plays very similarly to a strat, slightly thicker and
slower neck action, but pleasant to play.
Nice tone in the a(HB) and b(SC) pickup selections,
but really strangely distorted, "clacky-chunky" tone on the neck-side c(SC) pickup. Kind of a Z.Z. Toppish/Band of Gypsies Hendrixy tone.
Very unique, and not one of my seven other electric guitars can get that particular sound. I like this guitar and will keep it around and would probably use it live on a couple of songs per night.

I have the very same

I have the very same guitar
I am not so thrilled with the pickups and might change them to better ines

I will have to eventually take to a shop for good tune up since I got it for free from a friend years ago.

It also needs some electronic work

My collection:
Fender Strat '85 made in Japan all original
ESP LTD Viper 300 with active EMG pickups
ESP LTD M100-FM with a Rockfield Fat Ass in bridge position
Dean 8 string black beauty, one piece neck
Series 20 pro series super Strat with a Fender Modern Player MP-H1F pickup in bridge

selling series 10 guitar

i have a series 10 strat and the neck was torn out and i'm selling the body for 75 dollars

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.