Andrew York

Posted by Antonio Lopez on Tue, 02/04/03 - 12:23:37.
In Reply to Musica Viva

Urgente! Busco partitura de Andrew York (Andecy)por favor me urge

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Andrew York " Mysterious Barricades"

Hello. I'm looking for the sheet music to Mysterious Barricades, as played or close to how Andrew York plays it. I have the music as performed by C.Parkening, but find it too difficult. Help me if you can. Thanks

Re: Andrew York

: Hello. I'm looking for the sheet music to Mysterious Barricades, as played or close to how Andrew York plays it. I have the music as performed by C.Parkening, but find it too difficult. Help me if you can. Thanks

---------------------------
Hey, I'm in the midst of learning this right now. Most of the A section can be played in usual barre chord forms. York's version is in Eb, so many of the traditional versions probably won't work for it. I start by barring the 6th fret in an Eb maj chord, then barre the same fret with a Bb maj chord, then go down to C min7, G min 7, and then there is a stretch there between the E and A strings, and it'll be obvious when you hear it. Just follow these positions and find the notes in those chords to arpeggiate, and remember that the bass line moves in quarter beats, while the treble line moves in eighth beats, so even when it sounds like the bass isn't doing anything but one note, it most often is playing a fifth or an octave above on the next beat. Hope that helps.

Alex

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.