John Frusciante guitar gear

Posted by Greig on Mon, 03/15/04 - 09:15:23.
In Reply to John Frusciante

Does anyone know what pick ups John uses in his Fender guitars? are they orignal's or what? Cheers people.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: John Frusciante guitar gear

i thing he use dulop tortex red(0.50mm)

pick

does john frusciante use a pick?

Re: pick

yes he uses dunlop ones

not sure if was me who wrote about the reverse polarity middle pickup but have absolutly no idea if this is true or not sorry

i think...

: Does anyone know what pick ups John uses in his Fender guitars? are they orignal's or what? Cheers people.

I'm pretty sure he uses '69 pickups.

I don't know what pickups he uses, but I've found that a fender custom shop '54 in the bridge and a fender custom shop fat 50 in the middle replicates his sound.

John uses two standard fender strat single colis in the neck and bridge position. His middle pickup is a reverse polarity pickup, to louden high end and thicken low end, while eliminaing hum.

Somebody knows where can i find a John's last pedalboard photo?
Thanks!

: Somebody knows where can i find a John's last pedalboard photo?
: Thanks!

Go to this link:
http://www.onetonnemusic.com/mt-static/archives/pedal_board_002.jpg

I know what most of the pedals are, so just ask if you want to know.

Who know what kind of cables John uses to connect the pedals and the guitar?

: Who know what kind of cables John uses to connect the pedals and the guitar?

good ones. period. honestly who cares what kind of cables he uses. they are probably expensive ones or really cheap to add to his dirty tone. i can understand asking what pedals he uses but the type of cables kind of took it a little far. stupid question

he uses fender stock vintage single coils, as well as seymour duncan antiquity single coils, and fender noiseless single coils i believe

I'm not sure of what John's pickup are exactly but I used to work for a guitar manufaturer who sold his pattent to fender guitars & they were going to be put into all the fender elite guitars. You can buy them by themselves, they are a part of the Hx series. Basically in the 50's they produced a fender strat that had the most amazing sound unfortuately there were a lot of gremlins that penetrated via all other electrical equitment in the room ie. fluro lights etc...hence the humbucker. What my boss Chris Kinman did was invent a single coil pickup that got rid of the gremlins & fuzz but didn't detract from the original sound. As far as I know that's what's been going into all the elite fenders, so I s'pose that could be what john uses.

I heard john uses 60's fender single coils but recently he's also been using noiseless pick-ups.I'm not shure though

he uses fender single coil pick ups. maybe their some kind of special ones, but they're the fender single coil pickups.

he has a 60s strat which he thought was all original. Turns out the pickups had been replaced with seymour duncans. I never found out which model.

Hes got 1962 tele custom and im not sure about the strat but its in the 1960's era to. If u want the sound go get a set of vintage noiseless p.u's.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.