fender super showman

Posted by emilio on Fri, 02/06/04 - 16:24:21.

I can't find annything about my super showman. Where can I find a schematic or manual. Please help me

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: fender super showman

I would love to know more about these amps. All i know is that Jan Akkerman used to use them in Dutch rock band Focus.

Jon, I have a Super Showman head and one XL1000 Powered Speaker cabinet loaded with eight 10" speakers. I also have original covers, footswitches and cables for the amp. I paid $300 for everything. The head is just a multi-channel SS preamp with all sorts of bad effects in it, including reverb, tremelo, a really pathetic fuzz, and a built-in Dimension IV canister intended to simulate a Leslie effect. Two 70 watt SS amplifiers are located at the top of the cabinet for a total of 140W. This is one LOUD rig. The built-in fuzz is useless, and without it what you've got is a totally clean and harsh-sounding amp, but for some reason it responds very, very well to a cheap Dano Daddy-O. I have used the amp for several shows at medium-sized clubs over the past ten years, and it hasn't given me any trouble, though they have a HORRIBLE reputation for unreliability. Everyone derides them for being total garbage, yet this amp is 35 years old and still kicking it out. At shows, other guitarists can't believe that a) it's still working, and b) it's Solid State. It is a rather imposing sight on stage. And yes, Jan Akkerman used a Super Showman with two XL2000 4x12 Powered Speaker cabs.

Steve, it's BJ! (yes, that BJ). Forshey just gave back MY Super Showman head, and I think you should know that for some types of music, the Fuzz is GREAT. Very tweaked-out Iassac Hayes style stuff.
Hey, is that the Sheet's old S-Showman?

: Jon, I have a Super Showman head and one XL1000 Powered Speaker cabinet loaded with eight 10" speakers. I also have original covers, footswitches and cables for the amp. I paid $300 for everything. The head is just a multi-channel SS preamp with all sorts of bad effects in it, including reverb, tremelo, a really pathetic fuzz, and a built-in Dimension IV canister intended to simulate a Leslie effect. Two 70 watt SS amplifiers are located at the top of the cabinet for a total of 140W. This is one LOUD rig. The built-in fuzz is useless, and without it what you've got is a totally clean and harsh-sounding amp, but for some reason it responds very, very well to a cheap Dano Daddy-O. I have used the amp for several shows at medium-sized clubs over the past ten years, and it hasn't given me any trouble, though they have a HORRIBLE reputation for unreliability. Everyone derides them for being total garbage, yet this amp is 35 years old and still kicking it out. At shows, other guitarists can't believe that a) it's still working, and b) it's Solid State. It is a rather imposing sight on stage. And yes, Jan Akkerman used a Super Showman with two XL2000 4x12 Powered Speaker cabs.

: I can't find annything about my super showman. Where can I find a schematic or manual. Please help me
My name is Tony Alamia. I live in Las Vegas. I have both models of Super Showman's. 1 top (3 channel pre amp) with 2 4X12 powered bottoms, and I have another Top with 2 8X10 bottoms. I have all of the covers, and 1 set of foot switches. I also have all of the information that Fender has ever put out on these amps. I was one of the first one's to use one of these when they were made in the mid 60's. You can page me, and I will call you back.
(714) 295-2148 Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks, Tony

Tony,

A copy of the Super Showman SS1000 preamp manual and/or schematics if available would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

morganlin2@comcast.net

: : I can't find annything about my super showman. Where can I find a schematic or manual. Please help me
: My name is Tony Alamia. I live in Las Vegas. I have both models of Super Showman's. 1 top (3 channel pre amp) with 2 4X12 powered bottoms, and I have another Top with 2 8X10 bottoms. I have all of the covers, and 1 set of foot switches. I also have all of the information that Fender has ever put out on these amps. I was one of the first one's to use one of these when they were made in the mid 60's. You can page me, and I will call you back.
: (714) 295-2148 Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks, Tony
:Hi Tony-I´m Arno from Germany-Bavaria.A few days ago a friend of mine found a super showman solidstate+one powerspeaker in an old cellar and gave it to me as he knew that I love fender stuff.now this thing is a wreck in the moment (I don´t know how long it stayed in this dark&humid place)and I´d love to get done but I can´t find useful information in the net, even fender pages have a lack of info.May be you could help me out and send me some information.would be the best way by e-mail. copies of the manual and schematic would be great to get.please write back if you can help.Thanks a lot and have a good time-Arno

I have a Fender Supershowman head, with the built in tel-ray oilcan. Unfortunately the the power speaker tubes and speakers were shot.I'm intersted in selling it and just wondered what it might be worth..All 3 channels work ( but yeah I don't like the fuzz lol).
Please get back to me with any info.
Keep rockin ... Kadaffy

: I have a Fender Supershowman head, with the built in tel-ray oilcan. Unfortunately the the power speaker tubes and speakers were shot.I'm intersted in selling it and just wondered what it might be worth..All 3 channels work ( but yeah I don't like the fuzz lol).
: Please get back to me with any info.
: Keep rockin ... Kadaffy

is it still for sale?

: : : I can't find annything about my super showman. Where can I find a schematic or manual. Please help me
: : My name is Tony Alamia. I live in Las Vegas. I have both models of Super Showman's. 1 top (3 channel pre amp) with 2 4X12 powered bottoms, and I have another Top with 2 8X10 bottoms. I have all of the covers, and 1 set of foot switches. I also have all of the information that Fender has ever put out on these amps. I was one of the first one's to use one of these when they were made in the mid 60's. You can page me, and I will call you back.
: : (714) 295-2148 Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks, Tony
: :Hi Tony-I´m Arno from Germany-Bavaria.A few days ago a friend of mine found a super showman solidstate+one powerspeaker in an old cellar and gave it to me as he knew that I love fender stuff.now this thing is a wreck in the moment (I don´t know how long it stayed in this dark&humid place)and I´d love to get done but I can´t find useful information in the net, even fender pages have a lack of info.May be you could help me out and send me some information.would be the best way by e-mail. copies of the manual and schematic would be great to get.please write back if you can help.Thanks a lot and have a good time-Arno

hi i had the only supershowman in australia, i have he manuals and know how they work.

: : : : I can't find annything about my super showman. Where can I find a schematic or manual. Please help me
: : : My name is Tony Alamia. I live in Las Vegas. I have both models of Super Showman's. 1 top (3 channel pre amp) with 2 4X12 powered bottoms, and I have another Top with 2 8X10 bottoms. I have all of the covers, and 1 set of foot switches. I also have all of the information that Fender has ever put out on these amps. I was one of the first one's to use one of these when they were made in the mid 60's. You can page me, and I will call you back.
: : : (714) 295-2148 Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks, Tony
: : :Hi Tony-I´m Arno from Germany-Bavaria.A few days ago a friend of mine found a super showman solidstate+one powerspeaker in an old cellar and gave it to me as he knew that I love fender stuff.now this thing is a wreck in the moment (I don´t know how long it stayed in this dark&humid place)and I´d love to get done but I can´t find useful information in the net, even fender pages have a lack of info.May be you could help me out and send me some information.would be the best way by e-mail. copies of the manual and schematic would be great to get.please write back if you can help.Thanks a lot and have a good time-Arno

:
: hi i had the only supershowman in australia, i have he manuals and know how they work.

Hello does anybody know , where I can get the footswitches or at least the right jacks to the FS????
Or how to solve the problem if jacks or FS are missing.
Cheers AL.
der-arno@web.de

: : : : I can't find annything about my super showman. Where can I find a schematic or manual. Please help me
: : : My name is Tony Alamia. I live in Las Vegas. I have both models of Super Showman's. 1 top (3 channel pre amp) with 2 4X12 powered bottoms, and I have another Top with 2 8X10 bottoms. I have all of the covers, and 1 set of foot switches. I also have all of the information that Fender has ever put out on these amps. I was one of the first one's to use one of these when they were made in the mid 60's. You can page me, and I will call you back.
: : : (714) 295-2148 Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks, Tony
: : :Hi Tony-I´m Arno from Germany-Bavaria.A few days ago a friend of mine found a super showman solidstate+one powerspeaker in an old cellar and gave it to me as he knew that I love fender stuff.now this thing is a wreck in the moment (I don´t know how long it stayed in this dark&humid place)and I´d love to get done but I can´t find useful information in the net, even fender pages have a lack of info.May be you could help me out and send me some information.would be the best way by e-mail. copies of the manual and schematic would be great to get.please write back if you can help.Thanks a lot and have a good time-Arno

:
: hi i had the only supershowman in australia, i have he manuals and know how they work.

Is it possible for you to scan the manual and email me the informations for the supershowman?? I have a XFL 1000 Power Speaker w/4 12" speakers and would love to hook it up to a tube amp but am unsure how to do it. Thanks
Dave

Super Showman

I have four (4) Fender Special design 12" speakers from a Super Showman. They are 32 ohm and are in excellent working condition. Would like to sell these if anyone is interested. You can contact me thru my email. In the Midwestern United States.

: : : : : I can't find annything about my super showman. Where can I find a schematic or manual. Please help me
: : : : My name is Tony Alamia. I live in Las Vegas. I have both models of Super Showman's. 1 top (3 channel pre amp) with 2 4X12 powered bottoms, and I have another Top with 2 8X10 bottoms. I have all of the covers, and 1 set of foot switches. I also have all of the information that Fender has ever put out on these amps. I was one of the first one's to use one of these when they were made in the mid 60's. You can page me, and I will call you back.
: : : : (714) 295-2148 Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks, Tony
: : : :Hi Tony-I´m Arno from Germany-Bavaria.A few days ago a friend of mine found a super showman solidstate+one powerspeaker in an old cellar and gave it to me as he knew that I love fender stuff.now this thing is a wreck in the moment (I don´t know how long it stayed in this dark&humid place)and I´d love to get done but I can´t find useful information in the net, even fender pages have a lack of info.May be you could help me out and send me some information.would be the best way by e-mail. copies of the manual and schematic would be great to get.please write back if you can help.Thanks a lot and have a good time-Arno

: :
: : hi i had the only supershowman in australia, i have he manuals and know how they work.

: Is it possible for you to scan the manual and email me the informations for the supershowman?? I have a XFL 1000 Power Speaker w/4 12" speakers and would love to hook it up to a tube amp but am unsure how to do it. Thanks
: Dave

Hello I'm also after any information on the super showman with 2 xfl power speaker cabs, I noticed someone say they owned the only one in Australia, thats where I'm from, would this be the same, any info would be appreciated, cheers john

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.