Re: dating a twin reverb

Posted by Earl on Mon, 08/15/05 - 22:07:54.

: : I recently bought a Twin Reverb, 100 watts; it works well, even if aesthetics are a bit ruined.
: : This is the very first time that I own a vintage amp.
: : I don’t know how to date it.
: : I’ve been told it is from the late Seventies, about ’78 or ’79, but since it’s a 100 watts it should not have been made prior to 1977, isn’it?
: : On the rear, right, there’s this code: A629916
: : About the JBL speakers:
: : right:D120F 092577-A 34601
: : left: D120F 092577-A 34654
: : Are they originals?
: : Logo: it is w/o tail.
: : Inside the amp (you can see it from rear), there’s a little paper, marked Fender, with this written on:
: : Manufactured under the following patents: 2817708, DES.192859. Does this mean something?
: : Thanks a lot.

: :
: :
: it looks like a 1976 model. Check out tcguitar.com for the amazing 'Dating Fender Amps By Serial Number' pages.

From Earl 8-15-05
I also just bought a fender twin reverb the serial number is A71589. There is no 6th. # as stated in the prior message. does that mean anything? I think the amp is a 1977. let me know what you think. by the way it is cosmeticly in very good condition, and everything works. hear from somebody soon.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.