Re: Ibanez RG220D guitar w/ Floyde Rose floating tremelo

Posted by Fred Adkins on Mon, 03/11/02 - 21:53:28.

: I have a Ibanez RG220B guitar, and the floating bridge on my locking Floyde Rose tremelo keeps raising up when I tune my strings, I've adjusted the springs in the back many times, and the bridge still isn't parallel to the guitar.

: It keeps raising or lowering, and I can't keep it straight, so I was wondering how to fine tune it so its level.
: thanx

The first thing you need to do is to find out what gauge of strings you have. Based on the gauge, you can get a better idea of how to set the thing up. If you take off the back cover of your guitar you will see the spring tension screws and the other inter-workings of your floyd rose. now usually there will be three springs there. three because most guitars come with a light-med. gauge strings.
Now if the back of the tremolo is pointing down
toward the body you might have a heavy gauge strings on, in which case you need to add a extra
spring. (make sure you get the springs equaly spaced) then adjust as needed and retune. take off
a spring if the tremolo is tilting back into the body (dont forget to space the springs in this case also) I hope this helps you out.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2018 , All Rights Reserved.