Re: Ibanez RG220D guitar w/ Floyde Rose floating tremelo

Posted by Fred Adkins on Mon, 03/11/02 - 21:53:28.

: I have a Ibanez RG220B guitar, and the floating bridge on my locking Floyde Rose tremelo keeps raising up when I tune my strings, I've adjusted the springs in the back many times, and the bridge still isn't parallel to the guitar.

: It keeps raising or lowering, and I can't keep it straight, so I was wondering how to fine tune it so its level.
: thanx

The first thing you need to do is to find out what gauge of strings you have. Based on the gauge, you can get a better idea of how to set the thing up. If you take off the back cover of your guitar you will see the spring tension screws and the other inter-workings of your floyd rose. now usually there will be three springs there. three because most guitars come with a light-med. gauge strings.
Now if the back of the tremolo is pointing down
toward the body you might have a heavy gauge strings on, in which case you need to add a extra
spring. (make sure you get the springs equaly spaced) then adjust as needed and retune. take off
a spring if the tremolo is tilting back into the body (dont forget to space the springs in this case also) I hope this helps you out.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.