Ovation solid-body electric "Ultra GS"

Advertisement
Posted by Jim Wardrip on Tue, 08/29/00 - 10:05:50.
In Reply to Guitar Base

Looking for information on this guitar. By the serial number it was made around 1973 but I haven't been able to find where Ovation manufactured a "Ultra GS" model. This is a Strat copy with a painted head stock. Any info would be apprecaited. Please e-mail any reply to w8ems@juno.com Thanks, Jim

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Ovation GC-2?

Solid body Ovation Celebrity from the '80's. Strat style, 2 emg type pick-up's, 2 coil-tap switches, 1 vol pot & 1 tone pot, Strat style 3 way pick-up switch, Floy Rose style tremolo possible coppy from a Charvette. Did not get much from Kaman. Any info pleas. How many were made, brand of pick-up's etc. Thanks, NMM

Ovation Celebrity solid body bass bc-2

hey there, i have a ovation celebrity bc-2.. i am the original owner, not much out there thats why they are extremely rare.

email me anytime for more info. jcv15@juno.com

Ovation Ultra Bass

Hey my friend has an Ovation Ultra bass he said his friend left it there when he went abroad he says its crap but after reading about it im thinking about making him sell it for a good price what do you know about them and what wood was used for the body its quite heavy. Too bad i cant play it it needs some work on the jack

Re: Ovation solid-body electric

looking for nice gs-3 hardbody. contack deerhawk2001@hotmail.com if you have one. thanks larry

Ultra GP

Anyone wanna sell one of these?

rob@deviltopay.net

Re:Want A 1984 Ovation Ultra GP

Does anyone have an ovation ultra gp from 1984 for sale. I will pay good for it. I am very interested in buying one of these. Please e-mail me if anyone wants to sell theirs or knows where I can get one.

: Does anyone have an ovation ultra gp from 1984 for sale. I will pay good for it. I am very interested in buying one of these. Please e-mail me if anyone wants to sell theirs or knows where I can get one
I have one on eBay right now. Item #927486531. GOOD LUCK!!!

Want A 1984 Ovation Ultra GP

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re:Want A 1984 Ovation Ultra GP

Re: Ovation solid-body electric "Ultra GS"

Ack... didn;t mean to send that last one. I have both an Ultra GS guitar and the Ultra Bass. Both black. Sweet.

I have an ultra gs white body and am looking to sell. Any ideas of collectors etc? Complete with case.So far Ive read of red black etc but not white (creamy white)

: I have an ultra gs white body and am looking to sell. Any ideas of collectors etc? Complete with case.So far Ive read of red black etc but not white (creamy white)21 fret with all original hardware ie tramelo arm,pickups etc
NZ dollar $1000.00 approx $500.00 US

how much are you selling the ultra GS for?

: how much are you selling the ultra GS for?
I have a ultra gs in black w/ blk pickguard rosewood neck im selling for 400, please reply if interested ,thanx

: how much are you selling the ultra GS for?

Thanks for your reply Price NZ dollars $1000.00
Approx $500.00 US less freight to US. Graham

I have an ultra gs white body and am looking to sell

i am looking for an ovation viper...ovation GP, or a gibson marauder or a gibson sonex, thanks everyone

ovation GP

didn't mean a GS but a GP. It's a wonderful axe. Only about 400 were made in 84. Contact me pleaze if you see one,or knwo some history... tanx

sorry, it's the ovation ultra hardbody GP, anyone!!!??

I'm looking for any imformation on my ultra GS I got at a pawn shop for $270 other than that I don't know much about it except I heard they haven't made them in a while any imformation you could provide would be a blessing

looking for the ultra hardbody (84)

Hey Guys,
I'm looking for the Ultra Hardbody. To my knowledge they were only made in 1984. Look a little bit like an SG, but heavier and cutaways are uneven. Only seen two in my life, but I wanna have it, I just need to. Any information about it is welcome.

Re: looking for the ultra hardbody (84)

I have a Ultra Hard Body that I'm going to sell on Ebay with Steve Ripley's fader system in it, they only made 30 so check it out.

The solidbody ovation from the early eighties is called the Ultra GP. GP stands for guitar paul. It was an attempt by ovation to copy the Les Paul design. Solid Mahogany body, Carved maple top, Wraparound hardtail bridge and dual DiMarzio humbuckers. The only other Solid body electrics made by ovation I know of are from the late-seventies and early-eighties. The Breadwinner, and the Viper which was recently reincarnated as an acoustic. I've been looking for an Ultr GP for a few years now, before Josh Homme of Q.O.T.S.A appeared with it, and it's been quite a journey. Almost nobody in the vintage community knows of them and to my knowledge only a few thousand were made, about 90 of which were black. Very rare, and very expensive. Good luck to everyone though, myself included. I hope I've been informative.

Re: Looking for the ultra hardbody (84)

My search to identify my guitar led me to this posting. My uncle who used to collect guitars gave me an Ovation electric guitar about 15 years ago and told me that it's not worth much now, but keep it because it will be hot someday. I can't find any model numbers, only a serial number E-12184. It is black. It has a mono and stereo output. It has that Les Paul look with two rail type humbuckers with a switch above each one to turn the humbucker off. I would like to know if this is the 84 that everyone is looking for. All I know is that this thing plays like a dream and yes everything's for sale.

It's not the ultra GP

Nevermind, Found a picture of the ultra GP and it's not that. It's the UK-II. Not worth anything!

I have the same one as the one on the following site:
http://www.angelfire.com/mo/theamorphousband/gp.html
Bought it new in '85 Original case as well. Rarely played so it's in great condition. Don't think I'm ready to part with it, just a unique sound to it that I haven't heard in anything else.

I bought one in 1985 in NY. Got it at Matthews Music for 1/2 price. $250 at the time. I got a red one, wish I got the sunburst also...............who knew??
Mine is in excellent condition. Don't know what it's worth but it sounds awesome.

i have an ovation solid body ultra gs...not sure what year and i have no idea where it came from. its in near perfect shape though. so if your interested, let me know.......

I own one of these

I am pretty sure I own one of this Ovation's that you are talking about but, I need a little more infomation about it to be sure.

Ovation solid-body electric

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Ovation solid-body electric

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.