Ovation Model 1235-5 electric

Posted by John Kenney on Tue, 07/15/03 - 21:18:43.
In Reply to Guitar Base

Hi - I have had an Ovation model 1235-5, serial H493 for many years. I would like to know more about it ( what it's worth (?) how old, how "rare", etc. ) . I appreciate any information. Thanks

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

OVATION 1235-5

I have one that has the neck split where it bolts to the body, would love to find a replacement for it.
any leads on where to find parts for these?

Re: Ovation Model 1235-5 electric

: Hi - I have had an Ovation model 1235-5, Iwish to and will list on e-bay

Sorry guy's just realized, that I got the ad from one of you...I am a nerd. Thinking of trading it, what do any of you think?

Sold from 1969 - 1971, Ovation Eclipse is part of the Storm series, during that time the body's of the Storm was made in Germany by Shecter Guitars, Ovation company in Conn recieved a shippment of Storm body's, the paint job did not meet expectations, so Ovation decided to re-paint them, Ovation in Conn did not have any paint other than the "bowl paint" used on the back of thier Acoustic guitars, so they painted these 100 or so body's with this very durable paint, they also up-graded the pick-up's and named these 100 or so the Eclipse. Fantastic guitar and very collectable. Price-wise if in mint (like mine) $1,300 to $1,500.

Rock and Roll

Wiring Diagram

I acquired an black Ovation Model 1235-5. It has seen a lot of abuse. The pickguard is missing and someone tried to unsuccessfully tried to wire it for stereo. Any ideas where I can find a wiring diagram so I can restore it back to normal. It is a wonderfull playing guitar.

toggle

Hey guys, I found a pick of the original ad for our guitar, saddly it has no date, just the basic specs and the original cost ($199), if anyone wants a copy I can e-mail it to them. I e-mailed the Epiphone company to ask about this guitar, because they did not have it on thier site, but have yet to recieve a reply. Will keep you notified.

: Hi - I have had an Ovation model 1235-5, serial # H815, I need any info on it that anyone has. thanks bro's

ya, i just got one also, but their supposed to be pretty rare, about 700 made I think. they originally sold in the 70's for $199, but i dont know their current worth

I also have a Ovation 1235-5 bought in the late 60's or 70's Serial Number is J006. It has Humbuggie pickups. I also, would like some info on what it might be worth.
WM

: I guess I own the 5th. I also have a Ovation 1235-5 bought in the late 60's Serial Number is B976. It is black/chrome in great condition. I would also like some feedback on what it might be worth. Can't seem to find any info either.
: Bill

http://www.ovationtribute.com/Ovation%20Promo/Eclipse_Ovation_Ad.html
Looks like they sold for $200 in early 70's one is selling on ebay starting for around $500...

: Hi - I have had an Ovation model 1235-5, serial H493 for many years. I would like to know more about it ( what it's worth (?) how old, how "rare", etc. ) . I appreciate any information. Thanks

Sorry about the multiple posts.. I also have a 1235-5 electric ovation. We know there are 5 out there!! Any info I find, I will return and post here... I guess that no one has found any info? They must be rare. I can not even find a pic of one on line,, Mine is a Black Teflon type finish. With Chrome hardware... What color or colors are yours?

Mine is complete black. Neck, body, everything made with that black ovation guitar backing.

I also have one, it's called an Eclipse and I have seen them advertised for about $1000 or so.

Hi, I also have a 1235-5 ovation electric did you find anything on it. I think it's around 1969

: Hi, I also have a 1235-5 ovation electric did you find anything on it. I think it's around 1969

I also have one and am looking for some information do you have any info to offer on it.

:I have a 1235-5 serial H905. I would love any info you have on it.

Ovation Eclipse 1235-5

I have 1235-5 H804 and not sure how many were, 1,000 maybe. The H905 is the highest serial number I've have seen. The Eclipse was the 5th model of the Storm Series, hence 1235-5, the last 5 meaning 5th and last ( best ) model. The bowl paint is pretty much indestructible and I actually like the pickup choice more than on the Thunderhead and Tornado counterparts. I bought mine in 1973 and has been in the case since, never played and I'm wanting to sell.

Ovation Eclipse

So are you looking to sell???

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.